Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376192 times)

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1920 on: July 14, 2019, 08:41:58 PM »
Beautiful and breezy today. Spent some time at the little church this morning. Always good to pause and reflect.

Lazed away the afternoon poolside at Nonda's flicking between the cricket and the tennis...... with a Royal Ionian Pilsner on one side whilst Mrs Lofty reads away on the other side.

Hope Buttler and Stokes get the job done.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: July 15, 2019, 10:36:28 AM »
I do know indeed Karen  ;D
There are always a few but I couldn't stand the invasion.
Thomas Bay stopped having children in 2006 when they started the cruise and stay people but they have stopped them now.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: July 15, 2019, 03:22:48 PM »
When we used to go late June we'd be coming home around now.
There used to be a very strange week....prices dropped and it was dead quiet

Glenn used to say that there was always a very quiet 10 days end June/beginning of July

Get ready for the invasion of the Italians and the kids!
Yes Gavlah, it is quiet beginning of July

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: July 15, 2019, 03:27:57 PM »
So we walked down to the Nafsica last night, quite windy again and a little cool, but more comfortable for eating your evening meal. So we are leaving tonight at 7.50pm having had a fantastic chilling out, holiday. Today is cloudy/sunny but still very warm 8). I am signing off now and I wish you all, safe journeys and happy holidays... :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: July 15, 2019, 03:33:11 PM »
Just a last comment, any Tui clients. We have had a lovely Greek rep looking after us. Has been extremely helpful with our departure arrangements, as hubby is not so mobile now and I had concerns about the airport. She even offered to meet us at the airport to help us, on her day off!

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: July 15, 2019, 04:30:04 PM »
Safe journey to you Karen.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: July 15, 2019, 07:22:58 PM »
Safe journey to you Karen.

Aah thank you, Maggie, let's hope people keep posting little reviews, thanks to Loftyscot, also :)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: July 15, 2019, 08:11:19 PM »
I do hope so,it’s useful and takes you right back to the place.
In May someone said they knew me from here-they don’t come on to post but enjoy reading it all.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: July 15, 2019, 10:24:08 PM »
Many thanks for all the updates Karen, hope you and hubby have a safe journey home.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: July 16, 2019, 01:07:53 AM »
et's hope people keep posting little reviews
Safe travels Karen. Yes, we're here until Friday and will keep posting  8)

This morning we took advantage of the patchy cloud and walked the 6k route past the tennis court and the football pitch. We then headed back down the hill to the village, stopping off at Olgas for lunch and a little reunion with Aristoula.

This afternoon was beautifully hot so we logged up some sunbed hours ahead of the forecast tomorrow :( It looks like rain, so we plan to walk to Loggas Bay, it should be cool enough for that.

Ps on the way home tonight, we think we saw the lesser spotted Jimbo eating a late supper in LP . But rather than intrude we slipped by, and let them recharge after their travels. Hopefully, having swapped messages we'll have a date night soon :)

Yammas.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 01:24:00 AM by loftyscot »

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: July 16, 2019, 10:08:53 AM »
Per the excellent weather forecast, we have heavy rain this morning. It started in earnest around 6.45am.

If the BBC rolling map plays fair, we should have seen the worst by midday. For us that means until then, it's backgammon on the terrace with coffee and cake  :)

On the plus side, we did have a big full moon last night, which is always pretty to look at and pick out the brightest stars.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 10:13:39 AM by loftyscot »

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: July 16, 2019, 10:36:56 AM »
OOh sorry about that weather there.
Here in wales it's a beautiful sunny morning with wall to wall blue skies.
But of course we know from experience that it can clear up very quickly and you'll never know it happened.
I hope you get some decent sun time.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: July 16, 2019, 11:55:54 AM »
Is it me or has the weather been less than glorious so far this summer........in San Stef that is. For 14 years we were regular visitors in July with our boys and I can only ever remember it raining one morning before clearing up. We used to hear of heavy overnight rain and flooding in Sidari but I don't recall seeing any in San Stef.

Am I looking at things through rose tinted glasses perhaps.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: July 16, 2019, 01:22:48 PM »
For 14 years we were regular visitors in July with our boys and I can only ever remember it raining one morning before clearing up.

We are the same. We visited 4 years on the spin 2008 to 2011. On our very first morning on 2008 it rained, and then I think we were good for all the rest, save for a couple of thunderstorms in the evenings.

In fairness, we've been here for a week now and apart from from last Wed afternoon which was dull, every day has been sunny and hot. Hopefully today becomes less wet (optimistic Scotsman!! lol !) and we will walk to Magouladon. The rest of the week is forecast to be superb.  :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: July 16, 2019, 02:43:24 PM »
Many thanks for all the updates Karen, hope you and hubby have a safe journey home.

Thanks Winkie, we are home safe and sound. I will post a piece about the airport experience! :(

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni