Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376198 times)

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1890 on: July 09, 2019, 11:14:53 PM »
Back to San Stef today for the first time since 2011.

First impressions of the beach is 'wow', so wide and clean. The 180 beach bar is fabulous and the new builds surrounding the Delfino Blu, which were under construction the last time we were here look terrific.

For food, we went to Yiannis Grill for a lazy, but tasty gyros. Just what you need after a flight from Edinburgh, via the Heathrow dogleg.

Bumped into Maria and Ken, who are looking well. Just now, the Southern Comfort is being sipped on the Nondas terrace and all is good with the world :-)

Yammas!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 10, 2019, 03:17:37 PM »
Are you not missing out on other restaurants? Just saying.

We've tried them all over the years and when you find the food and atmosphere that you like, why go elsewhere :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 10, 2019, 03:22:25 PM »
Thats interesting as we were speaking to a couple in another restaurant who were staying at Nafsika (and had for the last 4 years) but were eating elsewhere as they said the food wasn't a patch on what it had been last year! Each to their own I suppose.

Yes of course each to their own :) The residents at Nafsika have a different menu to those not staying there, the menu for non residents is vast. I still highly recommend it.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 10, 2019, 03:45:10 PM »
So today is our first cloudy day and it is now raining. Hopefully it will cool things down a bit. Seemed a bit busier last night. Zorbas was full, I think it was someone's birthday, fireworks going off. :)

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: July 10, 2019, 07:04:45 PM »
 I believe it was Pavlos' birthday.

Offline benson

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 10, 2019, 07:37:02 PM »
We are Jim, thank you. Everyday pretty much runs into another. Still hot today but bit more of a breeze. Jim, you may remember the young waiter at Nafsica, last year. He has come on leaps and bounds, his English is very good and he is very attentive. He is a great asset to Spiros :)

Totally agree, seems his apprenticeship under Spiro has paid off

Offline benson

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 10, 2019, 07:38:22 PM »
Possibly - but, at it's best, the food at Nafsika is outstanding.

And this year we thought it was back to its very best, food, service and ambiance.

Offline benson

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 10, 2019, 07:45:14 PM »
Have  to confess to never having eaten there in all our years of visiting San Stef.

Eating at Nafsika is NOT like eating at the other hotels like Athena or Thomas Bay, think of it like a Taverna the same way Lirttle Prince and Barras  seem to be. Those have rooms with a nice restaurant, if more people thought of The Nafsika as a taverna with rooms and not an hotel, then I’m sure they would be full most nights.

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 10, 2019, 07:56:06 PM »
Have to agree Benson. We ate at Nafsika years ago when staying elsewhere and loved it. Stayed there a couple of years ago and the resident ‘s menu was much more limited.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 10, 2019, 08:30:28 PM »
Spiros will tell you that the allowance from Tui for meals is very tight. The residents' menu rotates on a two week cycle. But if you are a resident you can order from the main or specials menu for a few extra euros.

The main problem is that it's up a slight incline and you can't see in much from the road. People can be quite shy of going into somewhere where they can't see the clientele.

The best time for supper is from 9pm onward so that the residents have mostly eaten their nosh and gone off to a bar. There's a no-smoking area for those of that persuasion.

Last year Spiros had a total staff change and the food and service was a little disappointing sometimes - so it's great to hear from Karen that all is good now.Won't be long before we're finding out for ourselves :-)

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: July 11, 2019, 12:56:33 AM »
Very pleased to report that a spectacular thunder and lightning show is now passing over the village at midnight. It's been brewing for a while but it  is now letting rip. Wow :-)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 11, 2019, 12:11:14 PM »
Missed the storm slept through it but did awake to hailstones at around 01.00 hrs up in the village (Avliotes)......... Lovely breeze today and humidity much lower & the suns out too.......

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 11, 2019, 02:10:25 PM »
I believe it was Pavlos' birthday.

Thank you :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 11, 2019, 02:13:38 PM »
Eating at Nafsika is NOT like eating at the other hotels like Athena or Thomas Bay, think of it like a Taverna the same way Lirttle Prince and Barras  seem to be. Those have rooms with a nice restaurant, if more people thought of The Nafsika as a taverna with rooms and not an hotel, then I’m sure they would be full most nights.

I love that analogy, Benson. That's exactly what Spiro was saying last night, how to get more people to realise it is a taverna too. I said we will keep recommending him on here.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: July 11, 2019, 02:16:59 PM »
Jim, agree with everything you have said. Nafsica is the best I have ever known it. Very blustery today, so may not get down there this evening :(

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni