Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376197 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1860 on: July 04, 2019, 03:00:47 PM »
According to Reuters. it's German bookings that are down - about 30%. Greece is going through another debt-repayment crisis. However, the fact that I seem to get about two emails a day from TUI and Jet2 trying to flog me trips, one senses some nerves in marketing departments.

The depressed pound is bound to have an effect. When you could get a lot of euros for your GBP people spend more freely, which was good for the local economy.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: July 04, 2019, 07:13:13 PM »
So, picture the scene....Sun glistening off a blue sea gentle breeze wafting onto the sandy beach, tepid calm sea....yes beautiful day on beach, very comfortable temperature and now....a cold mythos....bliss...who else wants to be here 8)

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: July 04, 2019, 09:26:59 PM »
Yeah, sounds my idea of heaven, will be there in 12 weeks (not that I'm counting)  ;D

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: July 05, 2019, 01:32:02 AM »
Sounds pretty decent  :P
We arrive on Tuesday, can’t wait now.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: July 05, 2019, 12:40:03 PM »
 We use a taxi owned by two brothers who along with their family have become friends now.
We first used them 20 years ago (it was the father then) when the old carousel kept breaking down and we got fed up waiting so as soon as our bags were out we went out and got a taxi.
It was so different,and we rang them to take us back and ever since I ring the week before we are coming and they are always there for us.
We spend a day each holiday with them in their village down south.

There is a lovely taxi in San Stef  -Nikos,Maria knows him he lives near her.
He took me to the clinic in Agros 3 times when I fell in May this year and he did the running around to a pharmacy-Arilas is closed now.

I think people will be spending less at present as you say Jimbo.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 12:42:09 PM by maggiesaes »

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: July 05, 2019, 01:49:52 PM »
Yeah, sounds my idea of heaven, will be there in 12 weeks (not that I'm counting)  ;D

:)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: July 05, 2019, 01:50:32 PM »
Sounds pretty decent  :P
We arrive on Tuesday, can’t wait now.

Have a good journey 8)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: July 06, 2019, 01:32:36 PM »
So another beautiful day today, not so hot with a gentle breeze. Perfect. Quiet again in the village last night. 2stars restaurant, maybe half a dozen tables taken, little prince, half full. Mythos probably was the busiest and also Nafsika where we ate and quite busy in Manthos. Bar 38 had live music, not my taste but quite a few in there. Went to Condor about 12.30 and there were more staff than customers ;D

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: July 06, 2019, 01:37:43 PM »
So another beautiful day today, not so hot with a gentle breeze. Perfect. Quiet again in the village last night. 2stars restaurant, maybe half a dozen tables taken, little prince, half full. Mythos probably was the busiest and also Nafsika where we ate and quite busy in Manthos. Bar 38 had live music, not my taste but quite a few in there. Went to Condor about 12.30 and there were more staff than customers ;D

Karen is your overall view that things are far quieter this year or is it the usual pre-school lull?
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: July 06, 2019, 01:46:12 PM »
Hello :) Things are definitely quieter, as the locals are telling me. Last year, the evenings were bustling. A good marker is 2stars restaurant, it was always full to capacity, but not this year. As I said bookings are 40% down this year. My personal opinion, is the uncertainty over brexit and how people's jobs may be affected. Also the low Euro rate.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: July 06, 2019, 06:53:51 PM »
We use a taxi owned by two brothers who along with their family have become friends now.
We first used them 20 years ago (it was the father then) when the old carousel kept breaking down and we got fed up waiting so as soon as our bags were out we went out and got a taxi.
It was so different,and we rang them to take us back and ever since I ring the week before we are coming and they are always there for us.
We spend a day each holiday with them in their village down south.

There is a lovely taxi in San Stef  -Nikos,Maria knows him he lives near her.
He took me to the clinic in Agros 3 times when I fell in May this year and he did the running around to a pharmacy-Arilas is closed now.

I think people will be spending less at present as you say Jimbo.
Nikos Hoes is the "lovely taxi" in Agios Stefanos he has just started up on his own and I can thoroughly recommend him.He is an excellent driver and very reliable. You can email him at:     nikos.hoes@hotmail.com.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: July 06, 2019, 09:22:03 PM »
That's when we arrive late evening. Will miss you, Boo hoo,  :-X
I hope we can have a beer during that week  then young man, it's been 8 years, safe journey

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: July 07, 2019, 12:30:01 AM »
That's be great. Where are you staying, David?

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: July 07, 2019, 02:48:49 PM »
That's be great. Where are you staying, David?
Nondas. Arriving on Tuesday and staying to Friday 19th. Child free this time, Ewan is off to rock festival in Glasgow :-)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: July 07, 2019, 03:28:35 PM »
I'll send a PM with my mobile number. We can meet up for a drink or supper. Excellent!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni