Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376524 times)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1695 on: July 09, 2018, 01:30:55 PM »
Enjoy reading your daily updates Karen,thanks for taking the time to do so,much appreciated.

You're welcome Winkie! Pretty much each day is the same, so that's all good :) Windy again last night, so haven't been down to Nafsika for a couple of nights. Today, clear blue skies, hardly any breeze, so hot, hot,hot! 8)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: July 10, 2018, 06:40:41 PM »
Today has been beautiful on the beach. There seems to be more breeze down the nudie end, than the top part of the beach. The sun bed are a godsend down there and there is a mixture of nudies and clothed. Not too many beds so not crowded, like top part. Beach is also very wide down bottom end, bit narrower at top end. Very busy at nights now! :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: July 11, 2018, 02:45:47 PM »
So, very busy in resort again last night. Excellent singer in Bar 38 again, Big Tim, he's 5'4"  ! For anyone that remembers young George who used to work in Bar 38, he's here on holiday with his young lady, he now lives in England. Today is hot but with a little breeze. Only a couple of days left now, been a great holiday meeting all our friends and neighbours again :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: July 12, 2018, 01:22:34 PM »
So our last full day in the lovely San Stefanos 8). Been a fabulous holiday as always. Last night it was a bit like a ghost town after England lost :( Lovely weather again today. Hope you all have a fabulous holiday 8)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: July 12, 2018, 04:05:13 PM »
Give us a full review when you get home Karen :)
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: July 12, 2018, 10:59:04 PM »
So our last full day in the lovely San Stefanos 8). Been a fabulous holiday as always. Last night it was a bit like a ghost town after England lost :( Lovely weather again today. Hope you all have a fabulous holiday 8)
Enjoyed your updates Karen, have a safe journey home!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: July 14, 2018, 01:50:20 AM »
Enjoyed your updates Karen, have a safe journey home!

Thank you David. Our journey to the airport took us two hours. We had to stop three times to meet mini buses. The third one, apparently they had forgotten to pick up the  people from their accommodation! Queued up to check in, rushed through security, I don't know how many times I went through the security and it bleeped and yet I had removed all metallic objects! By which time, we were boarding...then sat on the runway for half an hour, something to do with the Germans!!..Have to say the airport has improved. Better toilet facilities and a nice food place air side selling baguettes, pizza etc ...glad to be home after all that ;D

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: July 14, 2018, 02:03:29 AM »
Give us a full review when you get home Karen :)

Okay, to sum up, we had a great holiday. The weather was fabulous, a couple of windy days and evenings. The beach and sea was beautiful. The last few days, the sea was narrower near Havana but very wide down the cliff end, where we went. Entertainment was good, enjoyed bar 38, Singer/entertainer, big Tim was excellent. Condor, we had Abba , Ollie muirs, Supremes and drifters, something for everyone. Tried two stars restaurant a couple of times, this year. Enjoyed the food and the staff are really on the ball. Thursday night is Greek night, great entertainment, there were no tables left after 9pm! Athens had live entertainment, not my thing but still very good. Summer Dreams, which is now an Italian restaurant, didn't seem particularly busy, I don't know why. Yiannis grill room next to Aspa restaurant is doing a great trade, full most evenings, when we went out about 9.30. The village seemed busier this year, with more younger couples around, which was nice to see. We saw no rubbish around the village, I think the locals were taking it up to the football pitch, there weren't any bins around at all. ...So now looking to book for next year...happy holidays everyone 8)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: July 15, 2018, 05:32:42 PM »
Thanks for all the updates Karen,appreciated. Looks like you had a super time,friendliest place we have ever visited,back in September with our grandchild,for her very first trip, so looking forward to showing her around.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: July 15, 2018, 09:48:34 PM »
You're welcome, Winkie. Aah, how lovely, another new recruit! ;D We have just booked for next year at Stamatis/Silver Moon and have taken the last 3bed studio. Most people who go at the same time as us, book for next year, before they go this year, it seems! :)

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: July 16, 2018, 11:10:53 AM »
Indeed - when we there in June we booked our accomodation for both June and August 2019!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: July 16, 2018, 12:21:31 PM »
Indeed - when we there in June we booked our accomodation for both June and August 2019!

It appears we have to, if we want to get the accommodation we want :)

Offline MisterB

• View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: July 16, 2018, 10:59:23 PM »
Due back to San Stef in August. Just the 2 of us as the kids are grown up, but they are very jealous!
Can't wait to visit all the great bars, restaurants and of course the wonderfully friendly locals
See you all soon :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: July 17, 2018, 02:50:02 AM »
Due back to San Stef in August. Just the 2 of us as the kids are grown up, but they are very jealous!
Can't wait to visit all the great bars, restaurants and of course the wonderfully friendly locals
See you all soon :)

Enjoy your holiday! 8)

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: July 17, 2018, 03:10:53 PM »
Thank you David. Our journey to the airport took us two hours. We had to stop three times to meet mini buses. The third one, apparently they had forgotten to pick up the  people from their accommodation! Queued up to check in, rushed through security, I don't know how many times I went through the security and it bleeped and yet I had removed all metallic objects! By which time, we were boarding...then sat on the runway for half an hour, something to do with the Germans!!..Have to say the airport has improved. Better toilet facilities and a nice food place air side selling baguettes, pizza etc ...glad to be home after all that ;D
Sounds pretty mental Karen! Any update on the Quad bike situation? I'm staying up in Villa Voula in September and as Ill be 55 by then I don't fancy tackling that hill twice a day!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni