Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376516 times)

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1650 on: May 19, 2018, 12:55:50 AM »
The edict on olive oil???? What the heck?

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: May 19, 2018, 02:14:40 PM »
Hi I was notified bout this stupid law by a friend and we signed a petition against it on Change.org. They have lots of signatures already and Crete has changed it's policy and is serving as they used to :)

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: May 21, 2018, 01:03:05 PM »
Always had olive oil on table this May where we ate.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline alineb

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 26, 2018, 09:09:08 PM »
Just a quick update on the olive oil situation...
The law has been held from being enforced after all of Europe in an uproar condemned it, and so the whole situation has been cancelled - GOOD NEWS!

:) :)
Aline Kaloudi
San Stefano Travel

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: May 27, 2018, 01:57:25 PM »
Great! Thanks aline for the update :)

Offline Kernock

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: May 27, 2018, 02:58:12 PM »
Good Lord, common sense rules after all!  We should never be leaving the Union.

On a different tack. Just a comment about the ice cream available in most places this year.  It seems that Dolce, the Corfu product, have almost a monopoly. I think this is nothing like Walls and the Italian products and reminds me of the cheap stuff produced after the war that doesn't taste of cream and quickly goes into a milky water substance.  Doesn't really bother me that much but at €3.50 for a double scoop (from Tasty Corner) I feel families with a lot of children are being ripped off.  Anywhere selling the proper stuff?

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: May 30, 2018, 04:28:30 PM »
Good Lord, common sense rules after all!  We should never be leaving the Union.

On a different tack. Just a comment about the ice cream available in most places this year.  It seems that Dolce, the Corfu product, have almost a monopoly. I think this is nothing like Walls and the Italian products and reminds me of the cheap stuff produced after the war that doesn't taste of cream and quickly goes into a milky water substance.  Doesn't really bother me that much but at €3.50 for a double scoop (from Tasty Corner) I feel families with a lot of children are being ripped off.  Anywhere selling the proper stuff?

We found that Silverstar had the best ice cream last year by far, can’t comment on this year though. €3.50 for 2 scoops seems very expensive also. I just hope they have some mint choc Chip this year, none at all last year.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: June 02, 2018, 09:04:31 PM »
Sorry, been quite a while since I posted, so now everyone is up and running, the resort is in full Summer mode, and places are getting busy!

May was a lovely month, just a couple of iffy days. Generally it's felt hotter than average, and with that on top of a hot April, the sea temperature is warmer than usual, so lots of people in, enjoying a cooling off!

Nice to see the beach busy, and last week the watersports platforms were put in place, and have seen quite a number of people parascending, or taking boats out.

Very pleased to see the post Aline put on regarding the olive oil.....always loved having it on the table to add to salads, or dip my bread in, so glad to see we haven't lost that tradition!

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: June 20, 2018, 10:58:57 PM »
As it says in the title "What's happenin"???

I'm due over again 12 weeks today but it seems that the village is asleep!!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: June 21, 2018, 12:48:24 AM »
Hi David. We're going next Friday 29th and I like to do a little blog most days of what's going on in the village. Hopefully the locals are too busy, so that's good! :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: June 21, 2018, 02:00:18 AM »
There's a lot of activity in the Facebook groups. What's goin' on is: (1) people taking pictures of cats; (2) people taking pictures of their food. Off camera, the cats are probably nicking the food as well - so we can surmise that Brits and cats are getting fatter. Things are being spit-roasted, boiled and grilled at Manthos and other places. The webcam (above) reveals people lounging about on the beach outside Waves from about 11am until 6pm, with a thinning-out around 1pm as people go to Waves to take pictures of their food, watched by salivating cats. Given the, in my opinion rather strange, love some people have for cats I suspect it won't be long before somebody starts a fund to give all the stray cats in the village a mobile phone so they can post selfies to Facebook of their dinners. I recently bought a 170 degree sports video camera so I'll be able to take wide-angle mp4s of everybody's dinner, with a good chance of a photo-bomb by a moggie or two.

So I reckon that with a lack of murders, volcanoes, tsunamis, alien invasions or other interruptions, it's pretty much the kind of languid inertia you'd expect in a Greek holiday village in the summer. For more exciting fare, buy my fabulous collection of novellas "Fragments of tomorrow" in paper or Kindle versions on Amazon and read Digital Rites - there's a murder in Little Prince.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: June 21, 2018, 02:38:22 AM »
You make me laugh Jim ;D I hope my blogs will be more interesting ;)

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: June 21, 2018, 04:16:28 PM »
Yeah I enjoyed that myself and I look forward to reading your blogs Karen👍

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: June 21, 2018, 05:36:43 PM »
Yeah I enjoyed that myself and I look forward to reading your blogs Karen👍

You're welcome David :)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: June 21, 2018, 10:03:32 PM »
There's a lot of activity in the Facebook groups. What's goin' on is: (1) people taking pictures of cats; (2) people taking pictures of their food. Off camera, the cats are probably nicking the food as well - so we can surmise that Brits and cats are getting fatter. Things are being spit-roasted, boiled and grilled at Manthos and other places. The webcam (above) reveals people lounging about on the beach outside Waves from about 11am until 6pm, with a thinning-out around 1pm as people go to Waves to take pictures of their food, watched by salivating cats. Given the, in my opinion rather strange, love some people have for cats I suspect it won't be long before somebody starts a fund to give all the stray cats in the village a mobile phone so they can post selfies to Facebook of their dinners. I recently bought a 170 degree sports video camera so I'll be able to take wide-angle mp4s of everybody's dinner, with a good chance of a photo-bomb by a moggie or two.

So I reckon that with a lack of murders, volcanoes, tsunamis, alien invasions or other interruptions, it's pretty much the kind of languid inertia you'd expect in a Greek holiday village in the summer. For more exciting fare, buy my fabulous collection of novellas "Fragments of tomorrow" in paper or Kindle versions on Amazon and read Digital Rites - there's a murder in Little Prince.

Same miserable old begger Jimbo. Much rather see photos if cats, dogs, meals, beaches, sunsets than read at your novellas, much more to do than read books.
Might see you soon, you owe me a drink for recommending the Halifax Clarity Card.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni