Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376348 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1635 on: April 22, 2018, 03:35:41 PM »
Well, we've had a week of glorious weather, which means it's rather nice to be working in, with everyone prepping for Summer.

The sound of strimmers and pressure washers fills the air, as we all start getting ready.

Beachcombers has been busy tidying the patio after the Winter storms, as has Mistral too.

Bars are getting ready, with 3W's, Bar 38, Silver Star, and Athens Bar all getting stuck in.

Painting going on at Acarbar, and the laundrette, and ourselves, Perdita and Vasia busy getting our shops ready.

Just 1 more week until the end of April, then all systems go for Summer 2018! 8)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: April 23, 2018, 09:56:32 PM »
Ah lovely Jackie!  Thanks for the update.  Hope you all have a great prosperous season 8)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: April 26, 2018, 10:13:52 AM »
Thank you Karen.

We had a day off prepping yesterday, to spend some time with friends, but we did still head to San Stef, to all enjoy a very nice lunch at Tasty Corner.

It was rather pleasant to sit in for a change, and watch the going's on with a nice cool beer!

From our vantage point we watched Silver Star re-varnishing all his chairs, and Vasia's shop being prepared.

Barras was getting a good clean, including the roof being pressure washed....quite handy really as we'd parked outside, and once they'd asked if we wanted to move our car, we just closed the windows, and they very kindly gave it a little wash down with the spray from the washer  ;D

After lunch, a quick trip to Yiannis supermarket revealed preparations of vehicles at Spiros Bikes, and stock being organised in Elizabeths.

Won't be long before we're all ready and raring to go!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: April 26, 2018, 01:18:53 PM »
Thanks again Jackie.  All systems go by the sound of it.  It's been a long winter here and can't wait to get back in July, staying at Silver Moon, as always. :)

Offline BorisBiggins

• View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: April 26, 2018, 07:51:54 PM »
Yas. Very good Jack y.
I am coming over on the next week all way from Albania
Very gud to see San Stefanos is coming to wake up from winter.
Boris look forwards to kebab from gud friend Yonnis as always. Can only buy if good friend like Bimbo, Tony Cok and Donnald give me gud tips this year.

How much is Mythos this summer. Mrs Boris give me ration for no more than 1 pint a day..... beer make Boris randy ha ha watch out Thomson and Jit2 girl!

Has anyone seen that ginger man who sing horrible songs in funny voice

Parakalo

Boris

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: April 27, 2018, 07:45:12 PM »
Hello Mr Biggins!
Nice to hear you are coming to visit soon.

I can confirm that yes, the other ginger in the village has been spotted, and is busy getting Aquarius Bar ready for Summer. Remember to bring your ear plugs if you don't enjoy his warblings!!!

Another glorious day again, which saw people in the sea! A little braver than me, but if the weather stays like this I may venture in earlier than usual!

Power washers were working well today, with both ourselves and Beachcomber cleaning our patios!

Paintwork has been freshened up, and changed colour at both Acabar, and 2 Stars, and bikes are out at Spiros Bikes and Pegasus, ready for renting soon.

Dimitra and Manos have their cars ready at their new location, next to Express Market, and Aspa Supermarket is up and running.

We're now all ready for opening, so will be having a fw days away from San Stef, until we open on 1st May, so next report will be then.....time for a weekend off before Summer begins! ;D

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: May 02, 2018, 09:11:56 PM »
Well, yesterday was a bank holiday here in Greece, and with the glorious weather we are having, it was nice to see quite a few people on the beach, and some in the sea too!

And the resort is beginning to open up for Summer. At the moment the following places are up and running;

Aspa,
Yiannis Grill Room,
Spiros Bikes
Dimitra Manos Car hire
Pegasus Bikes
Express Market
3 W's Bar
2 Stars
Zorbas (I think!)
Tasty Corner
El Greco
Havana Beach ar
Town Pizza
Vasia gift shop
Margarita Supermarket
Hippopots Ceramics
Akrotiri
(Apologies if I've missed anyone!!!!)

And plenty of others will soon follow, with Barras all set up ready, tables and chairs outside Little Prince, Tereza's Hotel getting a good scrub outside, Kapitanos cleaning, Sunbeds etc around the pool at Athina and Vicky, Taste of Life, and Zest for Life getting ready, gardening at Summer Dreams, pressure washing at Nafsika and Manthos, and plenty of work going on at Mistral and Waves.

I think by this weekend, most of the village will be open. 8)

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: May 02, 2018, 09:40:27 PM »
Thanks Jackie, sounds lovely

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: May 05, 2018, 06:59:18 PM »
Seems like quite a few people arrived yesterday, which means more places open for the season.

The Wood Shop and the laundrette were both open this morning.

Little Prince has it's first guests, as does Barras.

Elizabeths is now open, and Athens Bar has it's opening night tonight.

Silver Star is also open too.

Quite a few people walking the beach today, Mistral is open this evening, and Waves look like they will be soon too.

Slowly Slowly as we say in Greece, the resort awakens!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: May 06, 2018, 01:25:37 PM »
 Siga,siga !

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: May 06, 2018, 06:03:34 PM »
Thanks for all the updates Jackie. Keeps us all going until it is our turn.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: May 06, 2018, 09:28:08 PM »
Great thanks Jackie we’ll be over on 14th for 3 weeks.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: May 07, 2018, 01:54:03 PM »
Thanks Jackie, see you in June  8).
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline BorisBiggins

• View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: May 07, 2018, 09:16:32 PM »
Hello Mr Wonkie

Please sure to come and find old friend Boris when you arrive in Curfew.

You can get the Myfhos in!

Jackeey I come to pot shop the other day. You not there. Just funny man from quiz at W3 bar. He tell me off for using mobile fone for answers. I only try to ring Mrs Biggins.

Offline Kernock

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: May 18, 2018, 07:46:44 PM »
Just back from a week in AS.  Apart from a rainy Tuesday this week, very pleasant weather.  We have been in May before but this time things didn’t appear to wind up until this coming weekend.  There are still a few places to open, such as Beer O’clock, which looks like there may be life around 19th.  Surprised that Thomas Bay still looks closed. Nothing much changes.  With things not really getting going until mid-May it does reduce the pay days.  June, however, is giving most of the locals optimism with good occupancy.

Some Tavernas are not putting out Olive oil on the tables following some stupid government edict but it appears that the ruling is not clear and many are ignoring.  Those that are following the rule charge 50 cents for a small bottle!  Salt, Pepper and Mayo next?

The Pontoons are taking up quite a bit of the car park at present but should be moved in a few days and the stream still needs straightening out to its summer flow.  There is not much water coming down the stream and I fear for the terrapins because I didn’t see any about.

A bit concerned that the rubbish is already building up driving to Corfu town.  The village looks fine but there are a few piles building up near Avliotes.
We look forward to early July when the AS machine will be rolling.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni