Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376004 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1515 on: April 30, 2017, 03:33:13 PM »
Well, last day of April today, so tomorrow will signal the main start of the season for Agios Stefanos, as the first coaches roll in from the airport.......of course we've had some intrepid early visitors already. But this week will see the opening of most of the businesses in resort, followed by the rest by next week.

Personally, we've gone for treating ourselves to an afternoon off at home, the last one til October! But we're certainly looking forward to welcoming everyone all through the Summer.
I will also endeavor to try and give daily updates through the season, although I apologise in advance if I miss one occasionally!

May all our fellow businesses based in Agios Stefanos have a successful Summer, and may all our visitors have amazing holidays! 8)

See you all soon! :D

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: May 01, 2017, 09:58:02 PM »
Lovely sunny day to start the season off.

Some accommodation received their first visitors today, with Romanza, Vicky, Silver Moon, and Barras all opening this morning.

2 Stars also opened today, and Yiannis gyros started on Saturday.

Both Pegasus Bikes and Spiros Bikes are up and running, and Spiros is using our old shop patio for extra display this year too.

Vasia and Zest for life both looked open, whilst ourselves and Perdita are just getting to the finishing touches before we open.

Work is progressing at the old 2 Stars, where a new taverna is opening soon. I must find out the name so I can stop calling it 'the old 2 Stars!'. We did meet the new owners today, a very nice couple called Alex and Betty, and their cute little black pug, who Bod enjoyed saying Hi to!  :D

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: May 03, 2017, 06:39:51 PM »
More businesses opening each day, or prepping to do so soon.

All the supermarkets in the village are now open, so plenty of choice for stocking up on provisions.

Tables and chairs being set up at Yiannis taverna, Zorbas, Brusko, and Olympia, so all should be ready soon.

Zest for Life juice bar is up and running, so ideal for refreshment on the way to the beach.

And the sun is shining, another glorious day....what more could we wish for?!  8)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: May 05, 2017, 10:02:44 PM »
Well, the resort is really coming to life now after the Winter!

Today saw the opening of Thomas Bay, and Little Prince, with their first guests arriving, joining others already staying around the resort.

From photos I've seen on facebook, it looks like Tereza's new terrace above the bar is meeting with lots of approval.

Taverna's opening up too, including Zorbas, with others, including Beachcombers,  following on tomorrow, and Silver Star also opened today.
Also saw plenty of alcohol being delivered to various places, so no shortage of refreshments!

Elizabeths and Condor also open, with the shop now even bigger, with even more choice of clothes.

And the weather is gorgeous, just a little breezy, but nothing major!  :)

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: May 07, 2017, 08:53:07 PM »
 Hi Jackie, I've seen photos of your new shop and it looks lovely.Good to see you've installed a comfy settee where the men can rest while the ladies browse. Hope to have a browse myself in a few weeks.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 08, 2017, 10:27:58 AM »
Thanks, Dupnica. Yes, think the sofa is going to be a big hit!

Yesterday started cloudy, and also incredibly quiet....we actually thought we'd looked at the time wrong and arrived earlier than usual!

But I think people were having a lie in, as people started appearing late morning, and a little later the sun broke through, giving us a gorgeous afternoon!

Quite a few enjoying walks on the beach, and a couple of horses enjoying a gallop, with riders of course  ;D

The new taverna opposite Little Prince is now open (no name yet), and Olympia opened last night too.

It feels quite quiet at the moment, but I'm sure every week we'll get more and more arrivals, to get us all into the swing of things!

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 08, 2017, 11:48:56 AM »
Great update thanks Jackie. Keep us posted on the new restaurant. Saw photos on FB of the new terrace at Teresas - looks fab, as does your new shop  :) 

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 09, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »
Another nice sunny day again today, albeit a little cool in the shade, and after dark.

More places up and running now, including Perdita's shop, Peli and Maria's shop, and Little Prince Bar, with Yiannis at the helm once again. I understand they will also be open daytimes too, when Mike will be running it.

Mistral also opened yesterday, and did a good trade at lunchtime, with people enjoying the beach views.

Have also heard a rumour that Aquarius is opening by the end of the week, and maybe open by tomorrow.

And the new taverna has a name....Captain Octopus, and has also had some of their first customers. 

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 09, 2017, 07:12:04 PM »
Great to read another taverna opening,deffo pay a visit, thanks for the news Jackie,see you soon.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 12, 2017, 10:10:44 AM »
The first of the sunbeds went out on the beach yesterday, just as the weather turned cloudy!! ::) A bit of a shame, but hopefully it will blow over, and not last too long.

Manthos taverna opened last night, with Waves, and Beer O Clock opening today.

Other than Ozzy Oil, I think that's just about everyone now open.....Ozzy's opening in June.

Think it's quite a busy arrivals day today, so I think the village will be getting busier from here on in, and all being well, the sun will be out again soon!  8) 

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 14, 2017, 09:54:14 AM »
Well, Friday was a quite blustery day, which resulted in some great waves, which were thoroughly enjoyed by the 8 surfers who were out in the sea for hours!

And, as predicted, quite a number of people arrived on Friday, so suddenly the resort feels like Summer has finally begun  8)

Also, the weather calmed yesterday, and the sun re-appeared, so what glorious weather for arrivals to wake up to.

The sea also calmed down, and there were quite a few swimmers out yesterday, and there are sunbeds out in front of Athina and Vicky.

Last night Beer O Clock busy with locals out enjoying a Saturday night beer, and it was party night at Condor.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 15, 2017, 09:53:21 AM »
Another nice day yesterday, although the wind did whip up a bit in the afternoon, resulting in a bit of sandblasting from the beach!

Yesterday morning the horses were having lots of exercise galloping up and down the beach, I guess that will end soon, once it gets busier, and hotter!

The digger was also out, smoothing over the sand in front of Waves, possibly for their sunbeds to be put out?

Last night Captain Octopus, the new taverna opposite Little Prince bar was looking quite busy, and quite a few people enjoying a drink or 2 at 3 W's as we passed. 

Gavlah1973

« Reply #1527 on: May 15, 2017, 11:39:20 AM »
Thanks for the updates Jackie
You've certainly made a hard winter just that bit easier with your updates.

Is my old mucka Glenn open now?

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 17, 2017, 09:53:32 AM »
Thanks Gav, yep Glenn is working hard, we went for a drink on Aquarius' opening night last Tuesday.
Well, unfortunately for those  that arrived on Monday, yesterdays weather was awful, wet nearly all day, with a few little respites in between showers  :-[

But in true Corfiot form, whilst it's not a scorcher today, it's definitely brighter, and more importantly, currently dry!

Work is going on at the old Lubrano grill room, opposite 2 Stars, where all the kitchen equipment has been removed,  and it's being redecorated......I was told it is going to be a new travel agency, so we'll keep an eye on it and see. Nice to see another empty property being put to use, although at the moment Olga travel is not open, so not sure if they are just opening later this year, or are not opening at all, again, time will tell.

But the village is getting busier, and lots of regular visitors arriving.  :)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 23, 2017, 09:21:29 AM »
After a rather grey Sunday, Monday was a glorious one, with many back out on the beach, and in the sea.

Olga's travel now opened, as has Chilly Chili, so nearly everywhere up and running......just Ozzy Oil and Patricia's salon to go, both will be opening in June, and Summer Dream who will open once work on their new villa next to Beer O Clock is finished, which it is close to being.

Waves is nice and busy lunchtimes at the moment, and the new taverna, Captain Octopus is looking busy, and is getting great reviews.

Many of the people who came for the 'soul train' week at Silver Moon left today......we didn't get to enjoy the music this time, having moved shops, but we had some come to the shop, and it sounds like they had a great time!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni