Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376590 times)

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1500 on: March 31, 2017, 06:44:09 PM »
Yes thank you for all the updates - holidays don't seem so far away when we hear what's going on in San Stefanos  :) :)

Offline DougR

• View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: March 31, 2017, 10:56:57 PM »
Thanks for all the updates and we can't wait to see the new shop. Pleaase keep us updated re. the work going on in what was Kathy's supermarket as we'll be staying above when we come out. Is Pete going to be doing his Thursday night torture sessions(Quiz nights)?

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 02, 2017, 12:26:21 PM »
Yes, Doug, the quiz will be running again this year, probably on Thursdays again.....funnily enough I was just discussing it last night over a drink with Margarita.

Popped down to San Stef last night, and had a lovely walk along the beach at sunset, so calm and quiet.

Nothing happened by Kathy's market since the other day....

Quite quiet in the resort, although was nice to see a few locals playing football in the street outside El Greco, as not much traffic about, probably the only car they were in danger of being hit by was me, luckily I missed them all!  ;D

All the wild flowers have been out in force, as it's been so warm here, and coming out of 3 W's, I heard my first frogs of the year, in the stream on the was to Rose Garden. No fireflies yet, but can't believe it will be long before I see some, then I feel like Summer really has begun.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 13, 2017, 07:54:49 PM »
Well, we've had some amazing weather the last week or so, clear blue skies, and temperatures in the low 20's  8)

Over the last few days we've been down in San Stef, along with everyone else getting prepped for Summer!

Lots of work going on....Tasty Corner now has all their tables and chairs out, and the menu boards have gone up, so looks like they'll be open very soon.

Yiannis Gyros have been busy cleaning, and painting, and Yianis told us he will be open in about a week and a half's time.

Both Spiros Bikes and Pegasus Bikes are getting ready, and cleaning and prepping going on at Athens Bar, and Little Prince.

Acarbar have a framework in place for some new fencing by the stream, and there's a lovely new fence going up around the Athina pool/garden area.

Lots of pool prepping going on, with Nafsika pool being painted, and others being cleaned ready for the season.

We have been busy getting ready, although I do keep getting distracted by the view from our new place  :D

And, there's something going on at the old 2 Stars location, opposite Little Prince............. 

Online WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: April 13, 2017, 10:53:27 PM »
Thank you for the update Jackie, much appreciated,see you soon  8)
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline gillie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: April 15, 2017, 02:45:57 PM »
Thanks, Jackie. Really cold here! They say it will be colder here in Hull in Easter Monday than it was on Christmas Day!! Brrrrr! Back t the thermal underwear I only removed a couple of weeks ago. ::) :-[

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: April 15, 2017, 11:23:04 PM »
Off to Germany tomorrow(sunday) forcast snow on wednesday...-3c for thursday...thermals packed

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: April 19, 2017, 10:38:30 AM »
Well, we had some lovely weather for the Easter weekend, and all was pretty quiet in San Stef, as everyone was partaking in celebrations. We popped down briefly on Monday, to see a few people enjoying a stroll along the beach, and horses enjoying a gallop!

We were back prepping yesterday, but not too many others working, as there was the Litany parade in Avliotes at Midday, along with the dynamite after, which we could here from the resort.

Looks like there will be a new taverna to try this year, as there is some painting going on at the old 2 Stars, opposite Little Prince, so someone is getting it ready for opening.

Think work will be starting in earnest now Easter is over......we stopped for a drink on the way home yesterday at 3W's, and as a couple of our fellow business owners who were doing the same said, 'no problem, we have 2 weeks, we'll all be ready'......and we all always are.  ;)

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: April 19, 2017, 08:28:51 PM »
Thanks for the updates - love to read them.  Nice to know someone is taking over the old 2 Stars - look forwarding to trying that in May  :)

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 20, 2017, 01:09:07 PM »
Mrs Pots.. who recently got married from the brewery, or is due to shortly??
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: April 25, 2017, 10:16:42 PM »
Hi Swedebasher, sorry but I don't know anything about a wedding of someone from the brewery....I don't really know anyone from there, although I do love their beer and have been known to partake now and again!  ;D

Well, after a windy few days, and a north wind at that, we're now back to gorgeous weather and very nice temperatures.

This week everyone is busy, and San Stefanos preparations are in full swing all round the village!

Tables and chairs were stacked up ready outside Silver Moon, and cleaning going on at Yiannis gyros, whilst opposite there was some painting happening at Athens Bar.

Condor, and Elizabeths are getting ready, and more prepping at Brusko and Acabar.

Pressure washers out at Little Prince, and Silver Star where I nearly received a little shower whilst walking past with Bod, fortunately Spiros spotted me just in time!!

Vasia, Aspa, Taste of Life, Perdita's and ourselves were all in today, prepping and stocking the shelves, and plenty of work also going on at Barras, Nafsika, Marina Villas, Zest for Life, Manthos, Waves and Mistral.

Fortunately we can now get some refreshment to keep us going courtesy of El Greco, 3 W's, Tasty Corner, and Town Pizza!  :D

Offline Nellie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: April 26, 2017, 08:10:00 PM »
Lovely to hear everyone getting ready - I cant wait!! also cant believe how quickly it has come round to the beginning of the season!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: April 28, 2017, 07:26:43 PM »
Well, today started with a well organised beach clean up at 10am. Plenty of willing volunteers, locals, businesses, ex pats, and visitors all turned out, as well as a bus load of the local school children, who got stuck in with fantastic enthusiasm!
It is a fact of life here that if something needs doing, it has to be organised by local volunteers, and the organisers of todays clean up did a great job rounding up the troops!
Also, it's amazing what gets washed up over the Winter, including a couple of car parts, and huge ammounts of plastics, in the form of bottles and straws!

Then, later that day, once we were back at the shop getting ready, it was great to see people enjoying the beach, and braving the sea, although the water's not so cold as it has been in previous years, due to the ammount of sunshine we've had this Spring.  8)

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: April 28, 2017, 08:59:57 PM »
Well, today started with a well organised beach clean up at 10am. Plenty of willing volunteers, locals, businesses, ex pats, and visitors all turned out, as well as a bus load of the local school children, who got stuck in with fantastic enthusiasm!
It is a fact of life here that if something needs doing, it has to be organised by local volunteers, and the organisers of todays clean up did a great job rounding up the troops!
Also, it's amazing what gets washed up over the Winter, including a couple of car parts, and huge ammounts of plastics, in the form of bottles and straws!

Then, later that day, once we were back at the shop getting ready, it was great to see people enjoying the beach, and braving the sea, although the water's not so cold as it has been in previous years, due to the ammount of sunshine we've had this Spring.  8)

Delighted to hear about everyone mucking in so early in the year. 2/3 years ago I was getting a bit glum that the beach tidying up wasn't happening until June.

I'm there for a flying visit next week, so lovely news!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: April 29, 2017, 06:25:03 PM »
Yes, it's great to hear about the beach clean up and thank you everyone for getting involved in that.  We do find that the beach area near the cliffs is often littered with rubbish, which is a shame, but I think locals and holidaymakers are all guilty of leaving this rubbish, why people cant just take it away with them, I don't know!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni