Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376193 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1440 on: September 27, 2016, 09:12:25 AM »
What's happening is that weather is still fine and warm. The sea is a wonderful temperature. The evenings are getting a little cooler. But it's still quite busy out and about.

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: September 27, 2016, 10:39:46 AM »
Can someone who is there at the moment tell us whether the Hippopots shop is still open?

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: September 27, 2016, 11:30:51 AM »
Yes it is

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: September 27, 2016, 08:51:14 PM »
What's happening is that weather is still fine and warm. The sea is a wonderful temperature. The evenings are getting a little cooler. But it's still quite busy out and about.
Jimbo, hope you and Gillie are having a wonderful time. I'm sure you are! :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: September 28, 2016, 08:56:16 AM »
Indeed we are - as always.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: September 28, 2016, 09:21:09 PM »
Oooop, SORRY SORRY SORRY!!!

I kind of got out of the habit of posting, and whoops, before we know it it's nearly the end of September!!  :o

Apologies, for not updating, but I must say it's nice to be missed!

I have had a little slap on the wrist in person a couple of times this week too, so time to pull my finger out!!

So, news is we're nearing the end of the season, just a couple more weeks to go for most of us.

Work has been progressing down at the bridge, where high concrete walls have been constructed either side of the stream, to prevent erosion of the banks getting too close to Acabar, and Eleni's supermarket!

The beach is still pretty busy, and the sea is still beautiful and warm. Lots of hire cars can still be seen parked up by the stream daily.

The evenings are cooling off a little now, time for us to need a change of clothes for the evenings....I'll soon be digging out Winter fleeces and jeans!!  :'(
But Bod loves the cooler weather, and he now has much more energy to bark at and chase cats, and anything else that moves!!

But the daytime weather is superb, lots of sunshine and gorgeous temperatures well into the 70's, such a lovely time to be here, especially if you prefer your tavernas a little quieter, and your hosts to have more time to chat.

So, now back into 'the zone' of writing, I'll keep you all up to date on the resort.....promise!!  :)

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: September 28, 2016, 09:34:40 PM »
hippopots so nice to hear from you again missed your updates Regards Harry

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: September 29, 2016, 12:16:06 AM »
Yay!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: September 29, 2016, 08:06:28 PM »
A Jackie says, the weather is still lovely. There's a stiff breeze this evening, but we're nearly at the end of three weeks here and we've had almost no wind and only an hour of daytime drizzle. I suspect things will get quieter after tomorrow (Friday)'s exodus. This is very nice time of the year to be here if the weather is kind, and it has been. It was very hot in Kassiopi today and it was teeming with all nationalities, which was nice - and a beautiful bride in her gleaming white wedding dress and her husband in a very smart blue suit promenaded along the harbour side in the sunshine to cheers from all the tavernas on the way. They looked infinitely proud and happy and it was quite moving to share their day if only for a moment.

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: September 29, 2016, 10:49:21 PM »
I'm arriving tomorrow, and I suspect 70% of people will be heading the other way!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: September 29, 2016, 11:38:46 PM »
How lovely to see a wedding in Kassiopi Jimbo, and on such a beautifully sunny day too.

A fab clear blue sky today, and comfortable temperatures in the high 70's/low 80's made for a great chance for people to soak up some sunshine before heading back to UK for Autumn.

As abbo says, there will be a fair few people heading home tomorrow, but hopefully we'll get a few more visitors yet.

Evenings are a little cooler now, so people sitting more inside the tavernas and bars.

Last quiz night of the season (possibly!) at 3W'S tonight.....seems to have been a popular addition to what's on offer in the resort during the Summer, so may well be returning again next year.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: September 30, 2016, 03:54:19 PM »
Thanks Jackie, great to see you back. We missed you !

Frankie

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: October 01, 2016, 07:31:12 PM »
Thanks Jackie and Jimbo for the updates. Enjoy the rest of the season Jackie and the rest of your holiday Jimbo and Gillie :)

Offline Nellie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 01, 2016, 11:28:12 PM »

So lovely to hear whats going on, thank you for your update Jackie - sounds lovely there at this time of year.  I can just imagine it, and Bod chasing cats - his favourite past time!

I hope the last few weeks of the season go well - doesn't seem two minutes since everyone was getting ready to open 

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: October 02, 2016, 04:24:08 AM »
poor cats
hope it wasn't any that the kind people on hols have brought food for x
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 04:32:34 AM by CHRIS NO 2 »

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni