Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376599 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1425 on: August 06, 2016, 11:39:20 PM »
Well, we're definitely in the throes of August, hot hot hot sunny days, and warm balmy nights, or in the case of tonight, very humid!!
There were some clouds building slightly tonight over the islands, so with the increased humidity, we may be in for a good old Corfiot thunderstorm sometime soon.....must admit it would be great for clearing the air, but would be nice if it comes overnight!!

A very busy beach today, and still lots of people down there, and in the sea at 8.30pm tonight. Many cars still parked up, and Waves, Manthos and Mistral were all pretty full.

Zorbas were also very busy tonight, and all the bars have plenty of people sat outside enjoying a drink or two. ;)

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 10, 2016, 02:00:45 AM »
Been a very windy day today so some great waves to enjoy..called in to see bod and got a great welcome as always..a bit worried about about the terrapins as they have been digging the little river out the last couple of days and now its completley filled up.dont think they have rescued any before the work started

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 10, 2016, 10:15:57 PM »
Well, after a couple of very humid days, we had a fantastic Corfiot lightening show on Sunday night, and a few rumblings on Monday morning, which really helped to clear the air. Since then its been more fabulous hot sunny days, with much more comfortable evenings.  :)

As Rilo57 says, there has been some work going on at the stream by Eleni's supermarket, with a digger doing some dredging, and now stones in the base of the stream, not sure why, but my guess is it's pethaps to prevent more erosion of the banking by Eleni's supermarket, as everytime we get heavy rain a little more bank slips away. Hopefully the terrapins are OK.....have seen on facebook that there are a lot in the stream further down, by Margaritas suites, so hopefully they moved downstream.

And the beach was still really busy at gone 8pm tonight, busieist I've seen at this time all summer! Tavernas also are nice and busy.....Beer O Clock was packed on Monday night, and tonight Chilly Chili have a meze night, which looks like it could be popular. There's also regular Greek night happening at Summer Dreams tonight, for anyone fancying traditional Greek dancing.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 17, 2016, 09:31:37 PM »
Well, its been a lovely few days in San Stefanos.....very windy at times at the weekend, but the days have been hot and sunny, and the temperature really comfortable, perfect for beach and pool days, but not too hot at night.

The village has filled up now with lots of families, and its been nice to see lots of familiar faces.
The beach is staying busy well into the evenings, with lots of Greeks and Italians enjoying the sea, plenty of cars from all over Europe in the village now.

Wooden shuttering has been erected either side of the stream down by the bridge, my theory is that they will be constructing retaining walls either side to prevent further erosion towards Eleni's supermarket, and Acabar.....of course I could be wrong, so watch this space!  :)

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: September 06, 2016, 09:14:47 PM »
Whats happenin' any one no as we have had nothing since 17  august missing   the reports .Harry

Offline will7777

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: September 07, 2016, 12:54:04 AM »
Not Shore but beach and weather looks nice better then west cork Ireland 😂

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: September 07, 2016, 01:36:11 AM »
We left on Monday, storms were expected Tues, for a few days.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: September 07, 2016, 04:52:18 PM »
Comments on facebook last night that the weather was awful yesterday - cloudy and raining most of the day. I feel so sorry for those that are only there for a week and get bad weather

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: September 07, 2016, 06:06:19 PM »
Forecast I have in front of me shows storms possible right through to next Monday!!!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:59:02 PM by swedebasher »
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: September 08, 2016, 12:28:52 PM »
Mixed bag so far today, rain earlier now sun peeping through and some cloud cover and nice temps as quite mild though......

Offline Nellie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: September 15, 2016, 11:59:17 PM »
Hia

Just wanted to know if Mr. and Mrs.Hippopots and Bod are ok - hope they are just busy!!  - not heard any posts from them for a while. 

Loved our holiday, and popping in to say hello - wish i was there right now!

Have a good end of season xx

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: September 26, 2016, 10:53:17 AM »
Hands up who is sad not to read Mrs Hippopots updates on here?

Especially with the season coming to close I miss tales of this place and that place,  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: September 26, 2016, 12:06:31 PM »
Miss the updates

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: September 26, 2016, 03:47:49 PM »
Me

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: September 26, 2016, 10:38:47 PM »
Yeah, I'm just back a week and wondering what's happening......

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni