Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1375976 times)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1320 on: May 19, 2016, 01:25:22 PM »
Tony being next door to Chilly they are prepping looking to open soon......

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: May 19, 2016, 11:25:56 PM »
Yes Tony, as Lesley says, Chilly Chilli probably opening very soon, but the last few days hasn't been kind to the beachside bars and taverna's so maybe they're waiting for it to improve, which I believe it's forecast to do.

So today was overcast and cloudy, which is a bit of a shame, but still a nice glow in the sky as the sun was setting.

And, this afternoon the village had a visitor, a donkey who decided to do some exploring! He ambled down the street towards Avliotes, then turned down towards Aquarius Bar and Athina hotel.   

After having a roll on the cleared land behind our shop he decided to head towards the hotel, much to everyone's amusement! He was guided back to the cleared land, where he stayed for a while, before wandering off again! Fortunately his owner was located, who came on his scooter to take him home again. Think he probably enjoyed his little adventure!!  ;D

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 20, 2016, 02:10:40 AM »
Time for some donkey ceramics!

Offline Carolg

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 20, 2016, 05:45:27 PM »
Lesley/hippopots
What's the seaweed on the beach situation like this year? With no webcam we can't see. I'm really missing my daily fix of a look at the beach

Offline peter

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 20, 2016, 10:19:16 PM »
That would have been funny seeing a donkey being taken home on a scooter :) ;D

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: May 21, 2016, 04:36:57 PM »
I know that this is shameless self-publicity, but there is an Agios Stefanos link. What's happening for me today is that a novella which I wrote the first half of sitting in the bower by the Nafsika pool has gone live on Amazon. I've done a lot of writing over the years at Nafsika, Little Prince and Mistral, and some other stories will be re-published soon and some new ones which have a definite Corfiot theme. Apologies to those who are friends on Facebook who may have already seen this.

Although this is a Kindle e-book, you can read it on anything using the free Kindle-reader app on the Amazon website. Many thanks to the beautiful Denise on here, who was the first forum member to buy it. And, of course, to Lesley and other friends in AgStef who help to make it such a warm and lovely place to be. My group of Hippopots frogs sit in front of my monitor as I work, laughing at my efforts!

At less than a bottle of Mythos, you can get it here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Space-novella-Jim-Hawkins-ebook/dp/B01F05HRE6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463816066&sr=8-1&keywords=white+space+jim+hawkins

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 21, 2016, 10:38:41 PM »
Well, not much to be said about yesterday, other than it was wet, cold and dismal!!
The rain began in the morning, and didn't stop until well into the night, with thunder and lightening from around 9pm, and torrential downpours......so much so that Arillas and Sidari we flooded in places!

Not surprisingly, the village was a ghost town, as it was just too wet for people to venture far from their accommodation. We gave up around 6pm, and after a drink in Sidari, had a meal in 2 Stars, his new premises is looking very nice, and is working well for them.

Fortunately today we woke up to warmer temperatures, and no rain, yay! It was overcast, but the sun did break through a few times, and when it did, the temperature rose quite considerably!!

A fair number of people out and about this evening, with cheers being heard from Athens Bar for the football, and Amy Winehouse tribute on at Condor.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 22, 2016, 09:06:47 PM »
Re the post re seaweed on May 2nd when resort opened there was seaweed on the beach...a few days later it was cleared overnight I assume as not living in the resort but in the village of Avliotes, however on my journey in noticed it wasn't there , then a few storms it was back oh yes then it was cleared away again, again assuming overnight or early on the morning then it came back - isn't it strange how nature just does this sort of stuff.... yesterday it wasn't there, Saturday,  now whether its there tomorrow, Monday,  I will have no idea until I check after my day off..........

Offline Carolg

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 23, 2016, 12:02:43 AM »
Thanks Lesley, you can't help nature but at least they seem to be clearing it vey quickly

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 23, 2016, 12:49:06 AM »
This is raised by someone every year and it always gets cleared. Not an issue
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 23, 2016, 12:19:28 PM »
I know that this is shameless self-publicity, but there is an Agios Stefanos link. What's happening for me today is that a novella which I wrote the first half of sitting in the bower by the Nafsika pool has gone live on Amazon. I've done a lot of writing over the years at Nafsika, Little Prince and Mistral, and some other stories will be re-published soon and some new ones which have a definite Corfiot theme. Apologies to those who are friends on Facebook who may have already seen this.

Although this is a Kindle e-book, you can read it on anything using the free Kindle-reader app on the Amazon website. Many thanks to the beautiful Denise on here, who was the first forum member to buy it. And, of course, to Lesley and other friends in AgStef who help to make it such a warm and lovely place to be. My group of Hippopots frogs sit in front of my monitor as I work, laughing at my efforts!

Just purchased the novella Jimbo.  I think I will read it in five weeks time whilst I am in San Stef.

At less than a bottle of Mythos, you can get it here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Space-novella-Jim-Hawkins-ebook/dp/B01F05HRE6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463816066&sr=8-1&keywords=white+space+jim+hawkins

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 23, 2016, 12:23:48 PM »
Whoops, I didn't do my previous post very well.  Anyway, Jimbo I now have your novella on my kindle.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 23, 2016, 02:34:57 PM »
Bless you, Rod!

Made a new thread to avoid hijacking this!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 04:10:40 PM by Jimbo »

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 23, 2016, 07:47:32 PM »
Thanks Lesley, you can't help nature but at least they seem to be clearing it vey quickly
Think you'll find it's the forces of nature, wind and waves, that bring the seaweed in and wash it back out again rather than the efforts of a man with a JCB.
Can never understand this obsession with the seaweed it's a natural occurrence,, they'll probably start clearing it next month but it's a never ending job,bit like painting the Forth bridge.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 24, 2016, 01:49:37 PM »
Hi all, sorry no posts for a couple of days....I blame my parents being here, a bit of a distraction!  ;D

Good news is the weather has brightened up, and is now back to what it should be at this time of year, nice and sunny, but not too intensely hot, so great for people who like walking.

More people arrived yesterday, and seen quite a few regulars back today, which is lovely.

Quad and scooter hire busy today with both Spiros bikes, and Pegasus looking to be renting out quite a few.

Quite a few people enjoying the gardens of Summer dreams yesterday, and now the weather has improved the tavernas on the beach should get a little busier too.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni