Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376065 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1245 on: April 13, 2016, 11:08:00 AM »
Thought Tasty Corner must be opening soon Lesley, as their menu boards are now in place on their front wall, and tables and chairs out on the patio.

After a rather soggy weekend, the sun is out again, and yesterday so were lots of people, getting prepared for Summer  8)

Margarita's supermarket, and Eleni's supermarket had the shutters up, and were cleaning and organising. Spiros at Silver Star had the pressure washer going on the patio, and work also going on at Brusko. Some preparations happening in Condor, and sprucing up at Athens Bar.

The sea was the most beautiful colours yesterday.....walking down gthe steps next to Havana Bar, the view was gorgeous, with the sea going from pale blue, to aquamarine, turquiose, deep blue, to almost navy... 

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: April 14, 2016, 05:50:45 PM »
Another lovely day, so another trip down to San Stef to get on with some work. But not until after a quick walk along the beach, and a dip in the sea for Bod. Quite windy on the beach today, but once back in the village it was a lovely day, and once again lots of us working and prepping.

Tasty Corner is definitely opening tomorrow, so there will be some gyros for us to indulge in, whilst working! Havana Bar is, I believe opening on Sunday, plus of course we have Town Pizza at weekends, and 3 W's open from aorund 2pm daily, as they have been doing through the Winter.

Plenty going on again today, with Athena Hotel pool being repainted, and Barras pool being scrubbed and jet washed.
Spiros was busy in Beer O Clock, and planning to open 2nd May, and Manthos Taverna walls were getting a fresh coat of paint.

Tereza's new apartments are coming along nicely, and the new little villa at Rose Garden looks lovely

Spiros and Aris busy next to us at Spiros Bikes, work being done inside, and bikes being checked over.

And, like the other supermarkets, Aspa were getting organised too.

Love this time of year, as the village starts to come to life again.......  :D

Offline Nellie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: April 14, 2016, 11:19:17 PM »
Thank you Jackie - So lovely to hear how the village is starting to prepare for the season.  I cant wait, although have a long wait!! August for us! The beach sounds beautiful, and I bet Bod enjoyed a dip in the stream. 

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: April 15, 2016, 01:42:10 AM »
Jackie, will Bod recognise my voice, like he did last year, probably only because I brought him dog treats?

Gavlah1973

« Reply #1249 on: April 15, 2016, 02:26:08 AM »
He recognised your smell Waspman

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: April 15, 2016, 11:08:16 AM »
Oh he'll recognise any voice that accompanies doggy treats.....although he needs to shed a few 'Winter Kilo's' before indulging through the Summer!!  ;D

Offline Balkus

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: April 15, 2016, 12:19:48 PM »
Hi all
New here didn't want to create new post.
Love the updates been coming to San stefanos since I was a very young teen, manage it every 4 years or so now 30 and bringing my other half for her 3rd visit 16 June to the Vicky can not wait.
I gained 1 an half stone last time over 2 weeks love the food love the atmo.
CAN NOT WAIT

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: April 15, 2016, 04:53:10 PM »
You gained a stone and a half in 2 weeks??? Good effort, I can do half a stone in 2 weeks :D

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: April 15, 2016, 07:41:50 PM »
 I have a friend who can do a stone in two weeks without even trying.

Offline Balkus

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: April 15, 2016, 07:52:37 PM »
That was with anywhere between 50 and 100 lengths of whatever pool I was at (Stamatas mainly)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: April 15, 2016, 09:22:24 PM »
I have a friend who can do a stone in two weeks without even trying.

Is her name Joan?

Offline stemel

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: April 15, 2016, 09:28:58 PM »
Loving the updates Jackie, only 8 weeks to go for us.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: April 16, 2016, 12:59:30 PM »
Is her name Joan?
My lips are sealed!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: April 16, 2016, 07:00:06 PM »
Another fabulous sunny day again today, so lots of prep going on.

Zorba's were busy cleaning their outside area, and their sign has been put back up, after being safely stored away for Winter.

Preparations also going on in Sparkles, and Perdita's glass, and Nafsika had windows thrown open, getting rooms ready.

And we had our first San Stefanos gyros of the season at Tasty Corner, for lunch, yum!  ;D

Offline mrsjune22

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: April 16, 2016, 07:58:09 PM »
Thanks Jackie for all the updates.Here I am wishing my life away, September seems so faraway! Planned our first day already (old habits die hard) arrive at Silver moon about dinner time, something to eat and drink with Tom and Maria,maybe a quick hello to Aspa for milk etc. unpack, first meal at 2star. Then we play each day as it comes.So many people to say Hello to.  Hope Dimitri at Taste of life hasn't sold all his tapestry hangings! There is only one thing for it. I will have to go and live there. Well...I can dream can't I.     Love June.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni