Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376118 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1215 on: February 26, 2016, 03:16:05 PM »
Well, what a difference a day makes.....yesterday was as good as a British Summers day, calm, warm and sunny, today it's overcast, and showery, even had a hail storm earlier!

Yesterday afternoon we enjoyed a walk along the beach, and Bod enjoyed the calm sea. Various bits of work going on, with building work at Terezas Hotel, on going work at Yiannis new place by Tasty Corner, and some work with a jackhammer at the entrance to Condor Bar. My guess is maybe a slope is being created.
The little building next to Zorbas that I mentioned before is definitely disappearing bit by bit, with windows and roof now removed.

With regards to the webcam, it's still in place on top of Waves, but is probably not currently connected due to work on the roof.

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 26, 2016, 07:47:39 PM »
Hi Jackie,
Thanks for keeping us updated on progress in SS. I wondered why we were not getting any images from Waves. :)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: February 26, 2016, 08:17:09 PM »
Thanks for the report Jackie,do you think Zorba`s maybe extending?.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: February 27, 2016, 05:45:49 PM »
You took the words out of my mouth Winkie I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Offline Nellie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 27, 2016, 10:59:12 PM »
Thanks Jackie - love all the updates - and we are nearly in March which feels so much closer to holiday time, the season starting and hearing all lots more about whats going on  :) 

Gavlah1973

« Reply #1220 on: February 29, 2016, 12:59:32 PM »
Cheers Jackie

Im starting to get in the holiday mood. Under 90 days to go till our first visit!!
Although still very cold here in the UK there are signs that spring is here and summer is just 8 weeks away!

Cant wait till I arrive at the Romanza!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 29, 2016, 03:12:00 PM »
Need to update your ticker, Gav. That's what my doctor told me...

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 02, 2016, 01:42:46 PM »
Looks like SS had a bad storm yesterday with lots of lightning when I was looking at lightningmaps.org!!
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 04, 2016, 11:33:18 AM »
Yes swedebasher we had a big storm on Tuesday night.....classic Corfu thunderstorm with amazing lightening turning night into day with its flashes. And of course we had the obligatory power cuts to go with it! Colder today, and there's rumbling going on again.....  :o

Popped down to San Stef briefly yesterday, Condor are building new steps and a ramp to replace what they were jack hammering out last week. The little building has gone completely now, but still have no clues as to why, as the side wall that separated it from Zorbas is still in place. Work going on behind whited out glass where 2 Stars are going, so will be interesting to see the result.   

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 07, 2016, 01:27:21 PM »
Some more right now too>

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 14, 2016, 09:24:09 PM »
More of an Avliotes whats happening today.
Today was Clean Monday, which marks the beginning of Lent, and is the traditional carnival day in Avliotes.
Embarrassed to say this is the first time we've been, as we usually spend the afternoon in an Arillas Taverna, but decided it was about time we went along!
What a fabulous afternoon! Loads of people lining the narrow street through the village to watch the parade, followed by souvlaki, and Greek dancing in the village square.
Loads of familiar faces, and a great atmosphere, with everyone greeting each other warmly, and enjoying the party! If you ever get the chance to go to parade in Avliotes, I can't recommend it highly enough.   

Offline mrsjune22

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 14, 2016, 11:40:11 PM »
Heard they had a snow storm, hope it wasn't Monday.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 17, 2016, 06:55:06 PM »
 We've been over a few times for the Carnival and were lucky enough to have a birds eye view from our friends balcony which overlooks the main street in Avliotes. Everyone has a great time and all the children dress up.We also went to the Karousades Carnival which takes place a couple of days before the one in Avliotes.
 Did you join in the kite flying on the beach on the Monday morning Jackie?Did you manage to get through the day without someone blacking your face?
From the look of the photos on face book the weather doesn't seem to have been very good but I don't suppose it put a dampener on proceedings.Glad you enjoyed it.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 22, 2016, 12:06:22 PM »
The weather wasn't great for the carnival Dupnica, a little drizzly, but it didn't dampen anyone's spirit!
We went to Agios Georgios in the morning, where there were a few people kite flying, or trying too, as there was very little breeze! Went there as the beach is so long we could avoid any kite flyers, as Bod is obsessed with chasing them!

It was a beautiful weekend last weekend, so we took the opportunity to pop down to the village to make a start on organising our shop.....and we weren't the only ones to decide to do so.

Yiannis was working opposite us in his gyros restaurant, Nikos was busy in Athens Bar, Spiros working in Silver Star, work going on in Condor bar, and Giannis working in his new 2 star premises, where green trellis is in place outside.
The beach was lovely and wide, if a little breezy, so made for a nice walk to blow the cobwebs away!

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 23, 2016, 01:14:07 PM »
My app is reporting 'Dust' and Thunderstorms today. African dust that we get sometimes blown to UK??

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni