Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376304 times)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1185 on: January 20, 2016, 05:33:23 PM »
Your only a learner Karen!! I was married June 1955.Oh I'm ancient!! Doesn't stop me from coming to San Stef though! Though Greek dancing I draw a line at. Hippopots is my pace now, lovely gentle!Peaceful!
June, you are not ancient and I'm sure you would be great at Greek Dancing!! Yes we love San Stef and will be back for our 12th visit in July!!

Offline mrsjune22

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 21, 2016, 10:26:32 PM »
Karen I don't think 'love' is the right word for San Stef. It get's under your skin. How can you describe it to friends who say 'Why go to the same place'.I only discovered it when my daughter and husband came to live here for a while after holidaying  many times here. I even came by myself twice and stayed with Spiros and Maria at Sunset Taverna, that was me hooked. There are no words to adequately describe the place, but I think  the welcome and friendliness of all who work there has a lot to do with it. Told you I was ancient! I'm starting to ramble!!.    June

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 21, 2016, 11:09:03 PM »
Well Karen, Sarah and Mrsjune22,

1985 for me.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 25, 2016, 08:42:18 PM »
It's very true that it's difficult to put your finger on what it is about San Stef that draws people back......we moved here after coming on holiday in 2011, fast forward to January 2013 when we arrived with a car and trailer load of stuff, a dog, and no idea where our shop would be, other than in San Stef or Arillas! The area just felt 'right' to us!

Popped down to the village today as it was gloriously sunny. A little chilly in the shade, but lovely on the beach in the sun, ideal for a stroll, once we'd made our way over the stream, which is currently wide and shallow whilst meandering towards 'Waves' taverna.

We have an interesting feature on our patio at the moment.....a rogue telegraph pole! There are some groundworks being done between San Stefanos supermarket and Pegasus bikes, and unfortunately a lorry managed to pull down the pole that was situated at the corner of our patio, as the wires we're lower than his vehicle. It's currently somehow propped up with the wires slung across the front of the supermarket......the phone company should hopefully be out soon to replace it! If its not done by summer, we'll just have to hang some frogs on it!! :P

Elsewhere all is still quiet, although there has been a lot of pruning of palm trees around the village.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: January 26, 2016, 04:15:35 PM »
or you could hang your washing on it Jackie  :D

Offline DougR

• View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: January 27, 2016, 12:12:48 AM »
If the Avliotes by-pass is anything to go by the pole will be repaired sometime in 2019! At least it's too big for Bod to run off with. Did he get to see the snow on Mt.Pandokrator?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 27, 2016, 02:10:44 AM »
Good point. But the electricity and phone guys are usually on the ball.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: January 27, 2016, 02:43:38 PM »
An absolutely glorious day today.....didn't even need a jacket this morning! 8)

Today is our 3rd anniversary of arriving in Corfu, and what better way to spend it than taking Bod for a nice long walk on a wide, empty San Stefanos beach, waves gently lapping at the shore, listening to Greek music blasting out from Manthos Taverna!

The nice weather brought a few people out today....Manthos was surveying his surroundings whilst enjoying some tunes, Spiros was doing a little maintenence at Beer O Clock, there was some prep going on at 2 Stars new premises, and Spiros was cleaning Bar 38, as he is opening on Friday nights through the Winter, for a music night.

Offline DougR

• View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: February 02, 2016, 07:29:07 PM »
Hi Jackie
 I noticed in your last entry that you took His Bodiness for a walk on a WIDE empty beach. Does this mean that we've got a beach back near the boat hire and the bars?
 I've seen the various reports about 2* moving to the Med. Village site but do you have any idea whether the Med. Village is going to be relocating or has it gone completely? Whatever you're doing to bring on the good weather it sounds like you're doing a fine job of it. Keep up the blogs as it keeps us all up to date with what's going on in SS

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: February 03, 2016, 04:46:40 PM »
Hi Doug R, yes the beach is currently lovely and wide.....in fact today we even managed to walk along the beach past the slope up to Fantasea. The beach by Havana and Mango is currently nice and wide, if it stays that way there's plenty of room for the sunbeds.

I can confirm, after by chance bumping into Nikos from Mediterranean Village just this morning, that they will not be relocating to anywhere else.

The weather has been amazing, with yesterday being hot enough to sit outside in a T shirt. However, as today has progressed, the clouds have gathered, and the wind is getting up slightly, still, it can't be good all the time I guess!

Offline mrsjune22

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: February 03, 2016, 10:59:14 PM »
If I close my eyes,  can just imagine myself taking, what was often my usual morning walk down past Glen's ( sorry Glen can't remember your bar's name, it will come to me later) on  the beach to the end, up the slope, then a little rest in the church. then back through the village for a coffee somewhere.Ahh, what bliss!      Hurray,Aquarius!!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: February 10, 2016, 11:45:42 AM »
Popped down to the village yesterday to drop off some things at our shop, and give Bod a chance to have a run on the beach, as, although we had to dodge the showers, and took cover under the canopy of the juice bar for a few minutes to avoid getting drenched, the weather was pretty good, whereas the forecast for the next few days is rain. But, to be fair its been a lovely Winter so far, so we need the rain.

Most activity seems to be at the T junction at the moment.....Tasty Corner's building has had a new coat of paint, and looks very smart, Yiannis has been very busy on his project, which now has an upstairs that has its outside walls in place, which have been painted a nice clean white, and El Greco has been busy too, and has moved the angle of the bar, which looks like it will give more seating room. 

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: February 10, 2016, 04:14:18 PM »
Brilliant! Keep it coming, Jackie.

Offline mrsjune22

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: February 10, 2016, 10:40:45 PM »
No doubt when we come in September you will get all the rain you want Jackie! though I have been late before and the rain hasn't been bad at all, we will wait and see.  Thanks for your posts

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: February 12, 2016, 04:01:18 PM »
Thanks for the updates Jackie, keep em coming please.See you in June,which can`t come soon enough  :(.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni