Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1383061 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1140 on: October 15, 2015, 02:00:32 AM »
I think the pipe is just rainwater. They have some very big septic tanks in Agios Stefanos.

Not sure about the buildings and beach reduction unless the weight of the concrete in the constructions has caused a small depression in the average level of the sandstone substrate, and hence the nearby beach. Discuss!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 17, 2015, 09:26:34 PM »
Well, the season does feel like its at the end now....there are still some guests here in Thomas Bay, Athina, and Nafsika, but as there all half board, there is very little need for the tavernas, and bars, so just about everyone is now closed.
Still open today were Summer Dreams, Yiannis gyros and the Juice Bar, and Beer O Clock will be open until tomorrow night. Plus of course 3 W's and Town Pizza will carry on a little longer, as they continue on reduced hours over the Winter for those of us here, as well as San Stefanos Supermarket. Athens Bar still opening at 6pm, but not sure for how much longer, but its still possible to rent a scooter or quad from both Pegasus and Spiros Bikes.

As for us shops, Aspa, Elizabeths, Zest for Life, Vasia, and Perdita's are still open, although some are finishing after this weekend. We have been at the shop every afternoon this week, stock checking and cleaning, but with no customers for 5 days running, its time to close!

Thanks to everyone who's supported us, and who've come in to say Hi, and thanks for this blog, and who've come to see Bod.

We'll be in Corfu for the next 3 weeks, then will be away until January, back to the UK, visiting family and friends.

Posts will continue whilst we're here, but will probably be weekly from now on, when we take the opportunity on a nice day to take Bod to his favourite beach.

Thanks all for reading....time to go onto Winter hours!! ;)   

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 18, 2015, 01:27:18 AM »
Thanks so much for your posts Jackie, really appreciated them. Enjoy winter! X

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 18, 2015, 01:34:59 PM »
Your posts have been amazing, bringing the village to life for all of us addicts. Thanks very much x

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 19, 2015, 12:41:11 AM »
Thank you for all the updates Jackie - they are really appreciated   I have really enjoyed reading them :)

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 19, 2015, 12:20:25 PM »
Thank you Jackie,  I will enjoy following your updates throughout the winter, enjoy your break  :)

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 20, 2015, 03:12:19 AM »
Have enjoyed the posts Jackie makes you get a feel of what's happening even when your not there and helps with the anticipation of any forthcoming visit thank you  :)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 20, 2015, 02:06:15 PM »
Thanks all for your kind words.
We popped down to San Stefanos yesterday to finish off sorting at the shop, and all is quiet now. Aspa is still open, along with Yiannis gyros, Taste of life gift shop, and the Juice Bar, as well as Spiros Bikes, and Dimitra and Manos car hire. Vasia gift shop is also still open 4 hours a day.

Elsewhere, Elizabeths is still open, but stock was being packed away, and end of season cleaning going on at Condor, Summer Dreams, and Olympia.

The beach was gorgeous yesterday, with a very calm sea gently lapping at the shore, and the weather was slightly cloudy, but when the sun came through it was hot, so the weather is still very much in our favour.  8)   

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 22, 2015, 05:43:06 PM »
Popped down to the village yesterday.....the 'busy' area now is near the beach. The juice Bar was busy, with quite a few people sat enjoying the sunshine with a drink, and Mistral had quite a few in for lunch, and even some enjoying the sunbeds.

We had big storms overnight last night, with thunder and lightening, and a huge deluge of rain, resulting in flooding in both Arillas and Sidari!

A bit of a wet ole day today, but hopefully no more thunder!   

Offline Nellie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 23, 2015, 11:23:07 PM »

Sounds perfect! bet the beach is lovely at the moment  :) nice and quiet.  Hope all my lovely dogs are well - including top dog Bod!

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 25, 2015, 06:30:21 PM »
Well after having given San Stef a miss this year due financial reasons (had to have a new roof) we're now booked for Fedra Mare next July for 2 weeks. £170 each which is the best price we've had for ages. Trouble now we have to wait 9 months. Oh hum.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 25, 2015, 08:50:16 PM »
Well after having given San Stef a miss this year due financial reasons (had to have a new roof) we're now booked for Fedra Mare next July for 2 weeks. £170 each which is the best price we've had for ages. Trouble now we have to wait 9 months. Oh hum.

£170 each for 2 weeks at Fedra, can I come too?

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 26, 2015, 12:21:29 AM »
Hiya Waspman. I think I posted my comment on the wrong thread. The £170 was for our easyjet flight not staying at the Fedra. That was good value though. First post for a while and I get it wrong (hangs head in shame). ::)
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 26, 2015, 12:54:39 AM »
We'll see you at the Fedra in July,  dependant on when you go.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 28, 2015, 03:21:20 PM »
Took a trip down to the village today, to give Bod a nice run on the beach. The weather at the moment is glorious, bright warm sunny days, and very few clouds. It chills off a little in the evening once the sun goes down, but it's still T shirt weather during the daytime  8)

Everyone has now closed, apart from San Stefanos supermarket, 3 W's and Town Pizza who work on reduced hours during the Winter.

The beach was beautiful today, with the sea gently lapping at the shore.....it was also pretty wide too, and was plenty of space to walk past the rocks in front of Mango Bar. Pete did say that as no one is in the sea the water level has dropped, but I'm not so convinced thats the reason lol ;D

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni