Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376493 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1080 on: September 15, 2015, 11:56:36 PM »
And another wonderful hot sunny day......what a fabulous Summer!

Still plenty of visitors around, with plenty of people heading out on scooters and quads.

This evening there was a beautiful sunset, with the sun now setting closer to behind the church, and there looked like quite a number of people enjoying it with a drink in hand at Chilly Chilli.

Champions league on in a few places this evening, and Rod Stewart tribute, which has been very popular, in Condor.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: September 16, 2015, 01:09:26 AM »
Thanks for the posts Jackie, see you and Peter soon

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 16, 2015, 11:58:32 PM »
Guess what....hot and sunny again!!  8)

Think the temperature is actually creeping up again slightly, and once again, not a cloud in the sky!

The sea is also lovely and calm, perfect for a swim.

Lots of busy tavernas tonight, with the beachside ones still nice and busy, due to such good weather. Plenty of people in Waves, Mistral, and Manthos, and away from the beach Olympia was also busy.
No live music anywhere tonight, but some nice chilled out 80's music coming from Athens Bar....takes me back to my teenage years!

See you soon Mr and Mrs Waspman...... :)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 17, 2015, 12:46:42 AM »
Thought you were still a teenager Jackie

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 17, 2015, 11:37:58 PM »
Ha ha Waspman, I wish!!

And another glorious day, with temperatures well into the high 20's, possibly still going into the 30's in the sun.

Currently no mistral winds either, so its just perfect.  :D

Very busy tonight at Little Prince, Zorba's, 2 Stars and Silver Star, as I wandered past, taking Bod for a moonlit dip in the sea ( him not me!!)

I always love the beach.....after dark its very serene, with waves gently lapping the shore, and very little light pollution, so the stars are so vivid, they are amazing.

Motown night at Condor, JJ Jupiter in Athens Bar, and a full patio of people outside Aquarius enjoying a relaxing nightcap.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 18, 2015, 05:10:29 PM »
thanks for the posts Jackie. So glad the season is still going so well. Wish we were there (but at least we have booked for next year already   :) )

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 18, 2015, 11:38:15 PM »
Hot and sunny again today, although there is talk of a storm coming on Sunday...

Nice to see Mr and Mrs Waspman back again today, as well as other familiar faces, welcome back all!

Rugby world cup on in various places tonight, so people can watch England V Fiji.

Quite quiet out tonight, as another changeover, so we're off for a little snack at Beer O Clock!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 19, 2015, 02:18:15 AM »
thanks for the posts Jackie. So glad the season is still going so well. Wish we were there (but at least we have booked for next year already   :) )
Us too! Going 1st july!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 20, 2015, 10:40:03 PM »
Slightly overcast today, but very hot and humid!

We've all been awaiting a storm that has been forecast for tonight and tomorrow, and the cloud began building up late afternoon, with dark clouds obscuring Albania and the islands by this evening, just before dark.

And the storm has started.....the wind started building up about an hour ago, and we have just had the most amazing lightening show over the mountains inland!
The thunder seems to have stopped for now, although we still have the amazing lightening, but the wind is gathering pace, so there is much battening down of the hatches going on!

Think the tavernas will be utilising their outside space as much as possible, and rolling down their plastic windbreaks.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 20, 2015, 10:44:02 PM »
Didn't see Bod taking you for a walk tonight Mrs Pots!!! Not much rain  though, how odd.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Nellie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 20, 2015, 11:43:16 PM »
Can just picture you and bod out for your evening stroll - lovely to hear whats going on even though we are back in England and back to work/school.... Thomas has proudly shown off his dinosaur to everyone and told them all about the dogs we met, Bod being a firm favourite of course! 

hope the rest of the season goes well,
Louise x

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 21, 2015, 11:48:35 PM »
Oh he dragged me down the beach swedebasher, last night and tonight!

And Louise, tell Thomas that Bod is having lots of fun in the stream!

So, the storm rumbled around last night, and as swedebasher said, really not much rain at all, although the power did go off around midnight for a while, leaving everyone in darkness!

And this morning the sun was out again, and it has been for the most part a lovely day, especially as the humidity has now dropped.

It got a little cloudy early evening, with some very stormy looking clouds gathering over the headland towards Arillas, with a rainbow too, but no rain for us here  :D

The sea was quite choppy though!

Tonight tavernas who have lots of outside tables had pulled more under cover just in case, and Chilly Chili had closed up, as it was very windy on the beach.

Offline Nellie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 22, 2015, 11:57:28 PM »

Sounds lovely - I bet September is a lovely time to be in the village "sigh"  I will just have to count down the weeks until we next arrive.   Jackie - I will tell Thomas in the morning - he will be thrilled to bits!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 23, 2015, 11:30:18 PM »
Well, here we are third week in September, and its still hot and sunny, fabulous!

A little cooler in the evenings, but still very comfortable for sitting outside for dinner and drinks.

Yesterday evening the Rod Syewart tribute in Condor was very popular, and The Worried Men of Corfu played Athens Bar for the first time, drawing quite a crowd too.

This morning the beach was pretty busy when Bod and I went for a walk at about half ten, with plenty of people taking advantage of the glorious weather  8)
This evening is quiet, as no music on anywhere, but plenty of people out for dinner, with Zorba's almost full!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 24, 2015, 11:08:11 PM »
A change in the weather today. Overcast this morning, with dark clouds looming over the headland, and by lunchtime we had a short burst of torrential rain!

After this the sun re-appeared briefly, then the rumble of thunder could be heard in the distance, getting closer until we had some very loud bangs, and lots more rain!  :o

Fortunately its dry now, so people have been able to venture out for dinner and drinks without getting a soaking!!
Cooler evenings too now, with Condor busy tonight, but closing their glass frontage, to keep it from getting too chilly inside.

Getting a little quieter in the village, but everyone still open, except Elpida's bistro, the first to close for the season, but who have done well for their first season of re-opening, and have received excellent reviews of their food.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni