Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376470 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1035 on: August 22, 2015, 11:46:04 PM »
Good to hear you're getting some good weather in the UK Dupnica.

A little cooler here today, with the mistral blowing in, but its lovely and refreshing!
However, think it kept people more by the pools than lying on the beach today.

This evening its still a little breezy, but the tavernas are providing a nice sheltered place to eat. Little Prince, 2 Stars, Brusko and Mediterranean Village all still serving.

Condor packed tonight for the Boy George tribute, Splinter Band are playing in Thomas Bay, and sports are on TV in El Greco....rugby on one TV, and football on the other!

Offline SteveandPauline

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 23, 2015, 01:41:01 PM »
Hi Jackie just wanted to let you know that the aeroplane got home in 1 piece (always a bonus) our son loves it, thanks again and we will see you next time x

Steve and Pauline.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 23, 2015, 09:53:32 PM »
Blowing a hoolie up our way,many of my plants broken too. Cant wait to escape this horrible weather,and see you on Friday Jackie :).
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 24, 2015, 12:07:11 AM »
Hi Steve and Pauline, glad to hear you got home OK, and your son loved his plane, plus lovely to hear you loved San Stef, and you'll be back!

Another gorgeous day, still a bit breezy, but with very few clouds in the sky, we're not complaining!

We headed to Beer O Clock after work last night, for a late night snack....still pretty busy in the older part of the village, with quite a few in there, as well as drinkers in Kamini, and Beachcombers only just finishing at gone Midnight.

This evening it feels a little quieter in the village, although it sounded like party time at Chilly Chilli!
See you soon Winkie!   ;)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 24, 2015, 11:55:57 PM »
The mistral winds have totally dropped today, giving us a hot and sunny day, again, without a cloud in the sky  8)

The beach was busy today, lots of people enjoying the sea and sun.....although I did read another forum about nude yoga at the far end of the beach, perhaps thats why it was so busy by the taverna's and hotels!!! ;D

Another changeover today, so coaches rolling in and out. Football on in Athens Bar, we can hear Jimmy cheering from here!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 27, 2015, 12:18:08 AM »
Oooops, forgot to post last night, sorry all!!  :-\

But what can I say, the weather was lovely, and the sea was calm!

And pretty much the same again today, a gorgeous day, with no mistrael, which was perfect for the couple who were getting married today at Akrotiri, followed by their reception at Waves this evening....when I took Bod for his evening walk, there was a perfect San Stef sunset as a backdrop for their special day!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 27, 2015, 01:03:47 AM »
Love it when you have nothing much to say apart from it's lovely.

The frogs and I send our love.

See you in four weeks.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 27, 2015, 01:30:12 AM »
Now you're making me envious jimbo :) x

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 27, 2015, 01:32:10 AM »
Oh, Karen. If only...

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 27, 2015, 06:52:56 PM »
Glad to have all these good reports cant wait till sep18th will be trying the chilly chili bar this time as it was just being constructed when we went in may

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 27, 2015, 09:23:37 PM »
Oh, Karen. If only...
;)say hello to speros and team for us jimbo! We have to wait until 1st July next year I am seriously thinking of going twice next year, I've just got to persuade John! :D

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 28, 2015, 12:27:29 AM »
Hot and sunny again, definately lovely Jimbo  ;)

Hopefully will be the same still when you come again.

Seemed very quiet in the resort during the day today, with I'm guessing lots of people relaxing by the pool or on the beach.

Been quite busy tonight though, with quite a few enjoying cocktails in Silver Star, and Olympia was busy too.

Keith Mitchell is back in town, for yesterdays wedding, and is doing a gig tonight in Bar 38, there's live music in 3W's, and karaoke in Condor.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 28, 2015, 12:52:21 AM »
Well, autumn is definitely arriving in the UK. Cooler air and showers. But also Keats' "Season of mellow fruitfulness" with pounds of blackberries and runner beans picked from the garden, while the sweet-peas are still in glorious colourful bloom. Hoping we'll be able to grab a bit of late sun at the end of September, because it's nice to embark on the long journey of winter with a little warmth in the old bones.

My hippofrogs send their love. They may need a sibling!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 28, 2015, 05:12:06 PM »
Hot hot today ! 

Thank you hippopots for my lovely mugs etc. I love them. I want to use them - but fm scared to spoil them!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 28, 2015, 11:50:33 PM »
 Another glorious day, hot, sunny, and endless blue sky  8)

And of course, a sunny day means a spectacular sunset, the hues of pink as well as orange tonight, reflecting off the sea.

Older part of the village nice and busy tonight, with diners on the terraces of Waves, Beachcombers, Mistral, Manthos and also Fantasea.
And on the other side of the road Nafsika quite busy, and people partaking of food, and 3 litre tubes of Corfu beer in Beer O Clock!

Changeover again, and we've said farewell to quite a few people, and also hello to returning visitors, including winkie, who popped in to see us. :)   

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni