Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376015 times)

Offline jonjona

• View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #990 on: July 24, 2015, 05:43:59 PM »
You have to change the dollars to pounds and then to euros obviously losing a chunk due to the different buy and sell rate, much better to do a straight exchange in Greece.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 24, 2015, 06:25:27 PM »
We love walking the whole length of the beach - which is pretty long this year! My husband pointed out what looked like 'fresh' rock which had come down so we made sure that walked right beside the sea or in the sea. There were a few people sunbathing right against the cliffs which looked so dangerous

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 24, 2015, 06:59:46 PM »
We saw that too when we were there.  It was pretty obvious that it was fresh rock fall, but people seemed to ignore it!! :o

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 25, 2015, 02:24:32 AM »
Darwin was almost certainly right - the human race prospered because the more intelligent hominids went "Looks like that might fall down," and the less bright went "Sod it! My tattoos will keep me safe."

If it was the UK Health & Safety would probably declare the whole beach a hard hat and high viz area.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 26, 2015, 07:54:30 PM »
Darwin was almost certainly right - the human race prospered because the more intelligent hominids went "Looks like that might fall down," and the less bright went "Sod it! My tattoos will keep me safe."

If it was the UK Health & Safety would probably declare the whole beach a hard hat and high viz area.
That would produce some interesting tan lines Jimbo!! :)

Online Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 28, 2015, 08:00:04 PM »
They've had rock falls at the North end of the beach in Arrilas as well. Think I'll have to think twice before sitting on Erianas swinging seats, don't fancy plummeting down onto the beach :o

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 31, 2015, 12:14:31 AM »
Back again! After a few days back in soggy grey Blighty, and a day to catch up when getting back here yesterday, it's time to get back into the swing of things, and back to daily updates!

Last night we had a late meze at Beer O clock, as their kitchen is open until 12.30am, which is very handy when working! They were very busy, with lots of locals, and the whole of the older part of the village felt nice and busy, with Beachcombers having late diners too, and Kamini also open, as well as Fantasea.

Today it's still very hot and humid.....locals are saying they can't remember the last time its been like this for such a prolonged period.
This evening the village feels lovely and busy.....live music in Athens Bar, Condor and El Greco, lots of people eating in Mediterranean Village, Brusco and Zorbas, and drinkers in Acabar, Bar 38 and Silver Star.

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 31, 2015, 01:14:39 AM »
Glad your back Jackie safe and sound x

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 01, 2015, 11:32:11 AM »
So glad your back Jackie.Looking forward to my daily fix of my stress releasing haven once more!! 8) 8) xx
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 01, 2015, 01:04:18 PM »
The most viewed thread by a country mile ever Jackie, 150,000 views! well done, its great fun and a great service. It would be fitting if your next review followed this as reply number 1000 ! another great milestone, so thanks again. Ps the big frog made it back in one piece, he now guards the pond with the dubious name of Stan Seff!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 02, 2015, 12:20:50 AM »
Ha ha, Stan Steff the frog....I love it!!

Wow, reply number 1000, thank you everyone who follows and contributes to this thread, I had no idea when I started it how much it would be followed, but also how much it would be appreciated!

Well, guess what, I'm going to tell you its still incredibly hot, on 1st August. Last night we went to Anemos restaurant in Afionas (highly recommend it), and when we sat down there was a lovely cool refreshing breeze, which was wonderful, but which then turned into a howling gale, forcing us to move inside, only to return back out after eating, as the wind had died down, and we were too hot again!
However, the wind had turned to just a very slight breeze again today, but left us with a slightly choppy sea, and a high tide, so the beach is quite narrow tonight.

Quad/scooter and car hire places are all nice and busy, and judging by how busy the roads are, lots of people are travelling around exploring the island.....just wish they wouldn't keep stopping at junctions to read maps though  :-\

Busy village tonight, with live music in Athens Bar, Condor, and 3 W's, and tavernas all look to be doing well. 

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 03, 2015, 12:47:43 AM »
Another hot and sunny day again today.  8)

Lots of people already in the sea by 10am, and the beach stayed busy all day.
This evening, the tide is the opposite of yesterday, and is quite a long way out, leaving us a nice wide beach.

Busy village again tonight, with Mediterranean Village, Brusko, and Summer Dreams all doing well with late diners, and most of the bars all busy.

Down on the beach, it looked very romantic from Waves along to Manthos, with everyone dining by candlelight, until I realised it was because the power was out, affecting everyone alone that area, including Beer O Clock, Nafsika, Patricias and Kamini. The electric company were just arriving to come and fix the problem.   

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 03, 2015, 03:21:21 PM »
Tides??!  I didn't realise San Stef beach was tidal.  We'd heard that the beach was narrow this year, especially near Havana and Mango, but had assumed it was the winter storms again.  Can anyone elaborate on the tides for me (preferably without resorting to O level geography and Longshore Drift!!)  :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 03, 2015, 06:39:46 PM »
The Med has tides. It  might be plus or minus six inches, or a lot more. The tide definitely goes in and out at Agios Stefanos.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 04, 2015, 12:17:32 AM »
Another hot and humid day today, but we actually had some clouds too!

At one point this evening some of them even looked a little grey, and I thought we may get some rain, but it's stayed dry, although incredibly humid.

Many people on the beach this morning, with boats and jet skis already out to sea.   

School holidays are in full swing now, so many families here, and with the resort being busier overall, the evenings stay much busier for longer.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni