Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376577 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #945 on: June 26, 2015, 11:42:01 PM »
We're back!
So lovely to be home again, and we received warm welcomes from our Greek neighbours......well, except for the ice cream shop that was next door to us, that opened 4 weeks ago, as we returned to find it all closed up, and they have gone whilst we were away!
It is always hard starting a business, but 3 1/2 weeks trading really isn't giving it a go!
Still, lots of great ice cream can still be found at the Juice Bar, and Silver Star, as well as ice cream freezers outside the supermarkets, so plenty of alternatives.

Went for a very blustery walk long the beach this evening, I was only gone just over a week, but missed the sand in my toes, and the sound of the sea, which tonight was crashing on shore.
Chilly Chilli, the new place opening on the beach next to Vickys, is still a work in progress, and now has a large timber framework on the front, which I'm guessing is possibly to make a covered seating area. They've been working very hard getting it ready, and hopefully will be opening soon.
Pictures, the newest hotel, next to Delfino Blu is looking very smart, with its pool area all landscaped, and an outside bar next to the pool. We've been watching the work being done there, and they had a big push on it in the Spring, so its great to see the results.
And Elphida's has now re-opened, to some great reviews, so another place to try for a meal.
All in all, things seem to be progressing well in the village, with the new places that are opening.  :)

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 27, 2015, 02:35:52 AM »
Glad to have you back Jackie hope everything went ok on your unexpected trip back to England see you n 10 days  :)

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 27, 2015, 12:12:35 PM »
Good to hear from you again welcome back
Harry

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 27, 2015, 12:45:28 PM »
Mrs Pots, what sort of menu is Elphida doing now- back to how it was when Dimitri was there and you had to book days ahead to get in, or some other?
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 28, 2015, 12:48:41 AM »
Hi Swedebasher,

To be honest, I've not had a chance to see the menu at Elphida's, but if I can, I'll take a wander up there, and report back.

Another sunny day today, but still quite blustery on the beach, with plenty of white topped waves, so a lot of people stuck to the pools today.
Hope fully the wind will drop soon, as the tavernas on the beachfront are having to make good use of their plastic wind breakers!

Lively in the village tonight, with lots of choice of music, with Boy George tribute in Condor, a male/female duo in Athens Bar, and the very popular Beatles Tribute in 3 W's.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 28, 2015, 02:56:29 PM »
Hi Jackie,so good to have you back on here,thanks again for all your work in keeping us informed of all that is going on in our favouritist place on earth.See you again in late August.

Mr & Mrs Winkie.  :)
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 28, 2015, 10:15:41 PM »
Hi Jackie,so good to have you back on here,thanks again for all your work in keeping us informed of all that is going on in our favouritist place on earth.See you again in late August.

Mr & Mrs Winkie.  :)

What dates I late August Winkie & Moira? Think we might just miss you?

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 29, 2015, 12:25:44 AM »
Slightly overcast at the start of this morning, but the sun soon broke through.

Fortunately the wind has dropped today, leaving us with just a slight breeze. The temperature does feel slightly below average for this time of year, but is still very nice, and as a couple of people have mentioned to us, it's way better than UK  ;D

3 very loud booms this afternoon made a fair few of us jump.....was the Greek tradition of using dynamite at a celebration. Could have been a wedding, or maybe a baptism, as its Sunday.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 29, 2015, 10:57:54 AM »
What dates I late August Winkie & Moira? Think we might just miss you?

27th August Mr Waspman,for a week at the Fedra.I beleieve we just miss you again by a few days.Fingers crossed for next year,will leave a wee beer behind the bar for you sir  ;)
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 30, 2015, 12:09:43 AM »
Another lovely sunny day.

Quite a number of people enjoying the beach this afternoon, although the sea was still a little choppy, so only a few brave ones venturing in!
That should settle down now the wind has died down.

As I'm sure you all know, Greece's economic situation has been all over the news today.......Greek news channels were on in some of the bars today, including Condor, Barras and El Greco, being watched by some locals.

None of us know what may happen economically, and I'm not going to even try and guess, but all I can tell you is that it's all business as usual here. The sun is shining, the beer is cold, no one has run out of money, and San Stefanos remains the beautiful, safe, and friendly place it has always been. So all I will say is ignore the scaremongering UK press, and come and enjoy! The only 'civil unrest' you're likely to experience here is people dancing in the street outside Condor on a Saturday night!     

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 02, 2015, 12:32:19 AM »
So, last night there was a choice of music, with a duo in Athens Bar, and a Rod Stewart tribute in Condor, both of which were proving popular, with the village still lively at Midnight.

Today has been lovely and sunny, and the wind had dropped all day, resulting in a sea that was as calm as can be, with the sun glistening off it.....gorgeous!  :)

Tonight, the wind has blown up slightly, and there's been a few fashes out to sea, no rumbles of thunder though which is good.

Karaoke sounds popular at Condor tonight, and theres a singer doing a 'rat pack' tribute at 3 W'S too.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 02, 2015, 11:57:06 PM »
Woke up to another glorious sunny day, and pretty warm too! ;D

The beach was already busy when I took Bod for his daily dunk in the stream at 11am, with quite a number of cars parked up, a couple of boats going out, and a jetsji whizing about out at sea.

And with the sea back to its calm shimmering ways, plenty of people going for a paddle and a swim too.

Kerry from Ozzy Oil is also back, she was working her way through the village this morning, but it was taking her a while as she had so many of us to receive a 'welcome home' hug from!

Offline PeteJo

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 03, 2015, 06:47:34 PM »
All sounds great, weather looks fantastic so can't wait until fly out. Sitting at home watching the clock tick round until we leave for the airport.
Flight leaves this evening so will be in Stan stefanos tomorrow morning, unpack and start enjoying ourselves.......
Can't wait to see all our friends. 8)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 03, 2015, 11:51:27 PM »
Safe travels Petejo, you're coming to some gorgeous weather!
Sun is shining, and the sea is shimmering, another beautiful day in San Stef.

Time to travel home for many today, and the coaches have been rolling in and out of the village all day.
Lots of regulars arriving today, we've already seen lots of familiar faces.

Quite a few people enjoying a nice breakfast this morning, with 2 Stars and Little Prince serving a number of people, and also a few sat outside Silver Moon.

Lots of people around tonight, we're off to Beer O'clock for Mr Pots birthday........lucky for us they serve food late, so we can go after work, and not worry about keeping somewhere open just to serve us!!

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 04, 2015, 04:12:43 AM »
Hello Jackie.Just waiting for the taxi for our 6am flight back "home"!!Will call in and say hello first chance we get xx
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni