Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1383568 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #825 on: May 04, 2015, 10:43:51 PM »
Another lovely sunny day, although we did have some sea mist roll over the headland from Arillas....looks a little eerie, always reminds me of the old horror film The Fog!!

But that cleared pretty quick, leaving a lovely still day.

A few more businesses opened today, Silver Moon looks all set up and open, and Peli and Maria's shop opened today too.
Havana is up and running, and tables and chairs are set out ready at Mistral.

Acabar has re-painted their front balustrading, now an eye catching purple and orange!

Athens Bar are still working hard this evening, as they are opening tomorrow night.

I walked down to the beach this evening, and it was one of those gorgeous San Stef sunsets.......the sun was a brilliant orange, reflecting on a very calm, turquoise sea, which was gently lapping at the shore. The light was amazing, the Albanian mountains had a slightly purple hue. A beautiful vista, accompanied by the sound of the frog chorus in the stream !

Offline crsfaz

• SanStef Regular
  • Love San Stef
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 04, 2015, 11:33:12 PM »
You certainly paint a beautiful picture... The sunsets are truly amazing.. 8 weeks today. And counting!
Crs 😊🍻

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 06, 2015, 01:43:04 AM »
Well ,the weather is certainly being kind to the first influx of guests this year, as we enjoy another lovely sunny one! 8)

JCB's on the beach today, straightening the stream from it's meandering route, that had taken it right over towards Waves, so parking area now back in place.

Little Prince is getting set up ready for guests this Friday and tables all set out at Yiannis taverna, so they should be opening soon.

Mistral also looks like its ready to open anytime too....think this Friday will probably see most of the businesses open, as the next lot of visitors arrive.

I walked out the village tonight, up the hill going towards Arillas, and the fireflies were out in force, especially across the fields, they really are so pretty!

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 06, 2015, 07:33:47 PM »
Lovely updates Jackie. The beach is looking good again ;D . The sea is so calm on the webcam amazing ! I love the fireflies they are so pretty and mysterious , will miss them this year as we come high Summer .

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 06, 2015, 10:58:08 PM »
Beautiful sunny day again today, what a fabulous start to this Summer!

You're so right amanda j, the beach is looking great. The JCB's have been hard at work, and the stream is now running a straight line into the sea. A few tyre treads in the sand, as you'd expect after this work, but they will soon flatten out.

The area in front of Manthos taverna is looking lovely this evening, they've been hard at work sorting out after the battering of Winter storms....sadly the boat didn't survive  :'(

And, we are getting new neighbours! The shop next to us will be opening soon, selling ice creams, coffees, waffles, crepes etc...there goes my waistline!!  :o

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 07, 2015, 12:53:50 AM »
Absolutely delighted the beach is in order this year before half-term, it was a shame last year as we brought 5 newbies and they all wanted to be in Arillas. Great work!

Offline RedroseMax

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 07, 2015, 03:44:55 AM »
Beautiful sunny day again today, what a fabulous start to this Summer!

Y

And, we are getting new neighbours! The shop next to us will be opening soon, selling ice creams, coffees, waffles, crepes etc...there goes my waistline!!  :o

Thats great news,our kids loved it there 2 years ago,perfect place to go after our evening Meal

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 07, 2015, 07:47:02 PM »
We arrive on the 15th are most things open now and also where is the best place to see the fire flys in the evening

Offline crsfaz

• SanStef Regular
  • Love San Stef
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 07, 2015, 10:20:16 PM »
Yeah. Ice cream palour re opening.. :-)

[/quote]
Crs 😊🍻

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 07, 2015, 11:28:17 PM »
Carl Nottingham, things all opening up, by the 15th I would expect that all regular businesses should be just about open.....
However, there are a couple of new ones too, which may still be doing last minute prep.

The fireflies are most prolific around grassy areas, so anywhere thats got plenty of greenery.....and if there's little street lighting, you'll see them even better. I was surrounded by them when walking out towards Arillas, past Jasmine, Perros etc...magical!

So, a little overcast to start with today, but cleared to a fine and warm afternoon.

Forgot to say last night that Patricia's hairdressers is now open and taking clients, and Elizabeths opened yesterday, with their new section looking great, with some lovely clothing.

Tonight saw the opening night at Zorba's, tables and chairs all in place ready at Beer O Clock, and the steps outside Taste of Life gift shop having a scrub down, ready for opening tomorrow.

Coaches arriving tomorrow (and my parents too!).....hope the weather stays nice!  8)

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 08, 2015, 10:13:43 AM »
The Times this morning reports potential tax increases on tourism in Greece. Not good news for anyone. Price increases will just drive people away?

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 08, 2015, 12:32:22 PM »
Like you Jackie when we saw the fire flies they were if you walk down the slope by the tennis court ( by Jasmine and Perros) in amongst the olive trees and long grass by the bridge. Magical.

Rover I really hope the taxes don't put people off  :(. I feel the lovers of Greece will still come to the islands but it may put some off. Having said that the holiday prices for next year are really good so tourists gain before we go out :).

Noticed yesterday euro price was lower again at 130 (and less) but after yesterdays election the rate is increasing today and around 134plus just now with the supermarkets preorder online.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 08, 2015, 01:02:13 PM »
Increasing taxes will not increase the number of visitors? I do not know when or even if the increase will happen, but Greece certainly has a monumental cash flow problem. This is the problem, and sending different people to meetings will not change this fundamental issue.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 08, 2015, 02:09:16 PM »
If the VAT rate goes to a standard 18% it will still be less than the 20% we pay in the UK.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 08, 2015, 02:17:31 PM »
But may be higher than we expected when we booked. Might need a little more cash this year.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni