Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376061 times)

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #765 on: March 30, 2015, 02:08:45 PM »
Where did you see them Swedebasher? We love Olympia
A friend of mine was in SS last week and took them.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 30, 2015, 02:52:14 PM »
 Yep realy enjoy..have to pop in this year to say hello.you can meet your Belgian cousins with the same surname

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 30, 2015, 04:28:37 PM »
Ah, ok thanks. I wondered if you saw them online. We're really looking forward to seeing the improvements - but have to wait til July

Offline Broonie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 30, 2015, 10:35:33 PM »
Look forward to your updates ,cheers us up on a cold scottish day ,the springer spaniel you did for us has pride of place ,will see you in early June.

Offline Mary and Geoff

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 31, 2015, 10:22:39 AM »
Love the update,s thank you  :) :)
Mary and Geoff

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 31, 2015, 12:59:22 PM »
An absolutely gorgeous day today, clear blue skies, warm and sunny.

Plenty of work going on today, with pressure washers out at Athina and Little Prince, and painting at Nafsika.

Athina hotel is making changes this year, as they are re-opening their snack bar by the pool, and have opened it up to the beach, by changing the fencing around the pool area. So now it will be easy to access from the beach, but the pool area will still be sheltered and private.

And I think the first visitors have arrived, as we saw some people wandering around, out and about enjoying the sunshine  8) 

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 31, 2015, 02:52:34 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D--ITS STARTED!!..Paradise is open for business!!..See you in 93days.Thanks Hippopots for keeping us going with a warm glow through winter as we prepare to visit our second home again!! xx
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 31, 2015, 03:02:37 PM »
Great to know that things are happening despite the massive uncertainty about the future of Greece in the Eurozone.

My Hippopots frogs are smiling!

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 02, 2015, 01:01:00 AM »
Booked on the 05.55 from Gatwick tomorrow staying 3 nights in Corfu Town, so will be popping over to San Steph for a look around, first proper holiday booked in May.....can't wait!

Great to hear that the Athina has reopened the pool bar, will greatly enhance the pool area which is still one of our favourites, hopefully they will still have the 5 euro per day rule this summer to keep the freeloaders out.

Andy

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 02, 2015, 12:15:51 PM »
Jumbo has mentioned the Eurozone crisis, and it seems that something will have to happen in the next few days. What is the general feeling regarding this in the village?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 02, 2015, 02:57:54 PM »
I can only imagine that it's divided and probably very anxious.

For those on the forum who are unaware of it, Kathimerini - approximately Greece's equivalent of the Guardian - has a very good on-line English edition:

http://www.ekathimerini.com/

In a telling phrase today it describes Greece as having "one foot out." Billions of Euros a day are flowing out of the banks and the Eurozone creditors are not impressed with the speed of progress by the government in coming up with sensible suggestions.

My heart, and I'm sure yours, goes out to our dear friends in the village in this time of extreme crisis.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 02, 2015, 07:10:10 PM »
Thanks for providing the link Jimbo.
To be completely honest I personally catch snippets on news of the financial situation here, and have not got into any deep discussions with anyone else in the village. As far as I am concerned it's business as usual, and all we can do is wait and see. There has been alot of discussion on various facebook pages about people emptying their Greek bank accounts (probably as much a reaction to what happened in Cyprus last year as anything else).
But whatever happens, one thing that you can be sure of is the usual warm welcome you will always get here.....'keep calm and come to Greece'!!

Today has been gloriously sunny, but with a bit of a breeze which has just kept the temperature slightly cooler.
Lots of people working today, painting going on at the laundrette, El Greco, Elizabeths, and ours, with 2 Stars busy trimming back and tidying up their greenery.
Saw two of the first of this years guests,  who arrived on Sunday....we did the typical Greek thing, and had a conversation in the middle of the road when they saw me whilst driving past!     

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 04, 2015, 05:25:34 PM »
Yesterday was gloriously sunny for the most part, and today started off well, but has now become slightly overcast....rain and thunder is forecast for tomorrow, so maybe it's on its way.......

San Stef is feeling busier now, as work is progressing. Lots of cars and scooters tooing and froing, we're not used to that, as in Winter we can walk in the middle of the road if we want!

More pruning today at 2 Stars, and pool scrubbing at Barras. Windows being cleaned at Elizabeths (lucky people have shutters which keep them clean anyway), ours need a good ole scrub before May!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 06, 2015, 11:48:14 AM »
Well the rain came in fits and starts during the day yesterday. We didn't get to San Stef, having been waylaid in Arillas to celebrate a friends birthday, but we did manage to dodge the showers to give Bod a run on a very blustery Arillas seafront. Judging by the waves that were crasshing on the shore I imagine the tide was pretty high in San Stef too.
The thunderstorm came crashing through about 1am this morning, the sun has been out, but clouding over a little. Hopefully good weather is on its way for the Easter festivities this coming weekend. 

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 10, 2015, 03:13:38 PM »
And summer is here, just in time for Easter!  8)

Yesterday was sunny, but there was still a mistrael wind, so if you weren't somewhere sheltered it was still quite cool.
However, today is glorious....no clouds, no wind, a calm, beautiful turquoise sea. Perfect!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni