Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1383624 times)

Offline peter

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #750 on: March 23, 2015, 09:50:23 PM »
i wonder if they will have mc ewans export lol ;D

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 24, 2015, 12:02:28 AM »
No Please - no football shirts!!!!!!!!!!

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 24, 2015, 12:37:52 AM »
 Or white lightening ?

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 24, 2015, 01:18:07 AM »
 Beer O'clock is definitely an unfortunate name...I wonder if the name can be  changed (maybe to Jimbo's suggestion!) before opening up for the season?  The proposed name just brings bad, noisy destinations/resorts and everything that comes with them to mind for me. I guess we will have to wait and see... :-\

Gavlah1973

« Reply #754 on: March 24, 2015, 11:12:14 AM »
Hope it's got Grimbergen Rilo!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 24, 2015, 11:20:16 AM »
Gosh, that name sparked debate....
My guess is the bar will be frequented by people who always come to San Stef, people who come to relax, enjoy a drink with friends old and new, and love the resort.
Spiro is a local man, who won't be looking to attract a different type of visitor, but should the name inspire trouble he's more than capable of nipping it the bud...he's not known locally as 'Big Spiro' for nothing!

Well, the weather has been a little bit hit and miss lately, with gorgeous sun followed by cloudy days, but the air temperature is definitely warmer, so Spring is on its way!
Building work is progressing quickly by Tasty Corner...although I'm still not entirely sure what its going to be, watch this space!

Sunday afternoon saw a gathering of locals, both Greek and ex pat, at 3W's bar, to celebrate the 25th Wedding Anniversary of a British couple who live here part time, well more here than UK now, who have become part of our little community. Margarita at 3 W's did a fabulous buffet, a great time was had by all, and it was lovely to see people who we've not seen since the end of last season! With the season fast approaching it was nice to have a chance to relax together before work starts in earnest! 

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 24, 2015, 01:31:05 PM »
What I don't like about the name is that, for me, it clashes with the ambiance of the old village, which is quieter in tone than the "new" area. "Bira Bira" would be okay, since it's Greek!

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 24, 2015, 03:19:57 PM »
Yes Gavlah.some cold Grimbergen would go down well.one of my favourits.have some in my fridge at the moment Grimbergen  Optimo Bruno.to be treated with respect at 10%.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 24, 2015, 07:42:06 PM »
All beers travel well apart from cask due to shelf life. Anything in bottle or keg will be fine. Just hope to god we don't see Carling, John Smiths etc on the bar!

John Smith might be there Gav!

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 24, 2015, 08:42:02 PM »
I do hope everyone realised my tongue was firmly in my cheek regarding footy tops and karaoke.  However, as I am the one who frequents this forum, I tend to relay the goings on in San Stef to the wife and she is totally aghast at the name of Beer O Clock.  Silly really I know but she is adamant that she wont set foot in the place.  I think she may be a snob.  We've only been together 25 years and I've only just found out.   ;)

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 29, 2015, 01:33:30 PM »
Just seen some pics of the Olympia frontage alterations, very smart it is.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 29, 2015, 03:06:58 PM »
Yes Swedebasher, you're right, the new frontage of Olympia looks great, work has been on going there over the Winter, and the result looks fab, giving a lot more outdoor space for al fresco dining.

The new building next to Tasty Corner is going up fast, it never ceases to amaze me how quickly these things get done here!

And today the sun is shining, and the sea looks gorgeous....just in time for the first people to arrive, now the direct flights have begun.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 29, 2015, 09:43:52 PM »
Where did you see them Swedebasher? We love Olympia

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 30, 2015, 12:53:31 PM »
Just looked back to page 1 of this thread, and realised I started it on 28th March last year! 1 year on, and nearly 100,000 views!

Never believed it would be so popular when I started. Thanks to everyone who follows my little ramblings, I hope that I'm helping to keep you up to date with goings on in San Stef, and will endeavor to carry on doing so.  :)

Today is another sunny one, Spring has definately sprung.....

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 30, 2015, 01:36:42 PM »
You are doing an amazing job Hippopots - always keen to read your posts.......

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni