Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376573 times)

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #675 on: December 30, 2014, 07:25:08 PM »
 Pleased to hear that you had a good Christmas Jackie.We have been following the news about the stricken ferry,it must have been terrifying for those on board and now we have heard on the news today about the boat off the Corfu coast that may have gunmen on board.You must all be glued to the television keeping up with everything.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 31, 2014, 05:29:32 PM »
Popped down to San Stef today for the last 2014 walk on the beach. The sun was shining, but I have to say it was definately on the chilly side!
The storm we had on Sunday has taken its toll on the beach....quite a large ammount of seaweed, which is only to be expected after such a storm, and the poor old boat outside Manthos is a little more battered than it was before.

San Stefanos car hire have moved out of their office opposite us (they will still be on line, and in Sidari next year), and a metal framework for a canopy has been erected outside both their old office and the shop next door to it...we're curious to see who we'll have as over the road neighbours next year.

I'd just like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has followed my little blog this year. When I started it I had no idea how popular it would be, and how many lovely people I'd meet as a result!
Hope to see you all again in 2015...I'll keep up the writing, hope I won't bore you all too much!

A very happy and healthy new year to you all!! :D 

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 31, 2014, 05:55:36 PM »
Hi Hippopots a happy new year to you and everyone in San stef looking forward to the daily reports in 2015.
Regards Harry

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 31, 2014, 06:29:50 PM »
Happy New Year Hippopots - have loved reading your updates

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 31, 2014, 07:22:55 PM »
 Can't remember which shop was beside San Stef car hire,wonder if they are planning another bar or something similar across the road.
 If you get another big storm wouldn't be surprised if it takes Manthos' old boat away with it.He bought it with plans to make it into a fish restaurant but that never materialised.
 Hope you have a happy and successful New Year Jackie,good wishes for 2015 to all forum members

Offline Andy

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 31, 2014, 07:27:24 PM »
Happy New Year Jackie, Pete and Bod. Good to see you back in San Stef and blogging.
Our Hannah and Richard moved in to their new house recently and your Mythos Bottle Cap has a place on their wall. Richard and Hannah then got engaged Cristmas Day, and my Debbie is over the moon. Things are moving at a pace now so don't be surprised if we all turn up in 2015 for a wedding!

We wisn everyone we know and associated with San Stefanos a Wonderful New Year.

Andy, Deb, Hannah, Richard and Rudi the Pup

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 01, 2015, 03:59:32 PM »
Happy New Year Jackie, Pete and Bod keep the updates coming see you in July

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 01, 2015, 10:33:37 PM »
When you say San Stef Car Hire do you mean Valantis & Dora?

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 02, 2015, 11:49:59 AM »
Hi All, well, 2 lovely days of sunshine so far....fantastic start to 2015!

Congratulations to Hannah and Richard...I can imagine you're looking forward to a lovely wedding Andy and Debbie! Would be great if they decided to get married in San Stef...remember there's plenty of people in the village who are very experienced in organising a wedding :)
And if not, there's always the honeymoon to consider!!

Yes Abbo, Valantis and Dora have closed their office in the village. Valantis was telling us last summer they do most of their bookings on line, so they decided the office was surplus to requirements. They can still be contacted on line to hire from, plus there are other options still in the village, so should still be plenty of cars to go round.

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 02, 2015, 12:36:10 PM »
Ahh that's a shame, always liked to catch up with Valantis on my morning strolls. I assume Thannassis must have know this was imminent as I know he's getting more cars this season.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #685 on: January 04, 2015, 12:57:51 PM »
Thanassis is the new Arfur Daley!

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 06, 2015, 08:09:19 PM »
Thanassis is the new Arfur Daley!

Ha Ha, i bet he wears a sheepskin in winter

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 10, 2015, 06:19:45 PM »
Well, we've had a week of wonderful sunny days now...not bad for January!
Chilly at night though, so lighting of the fire is a definite requirement.

We headed down to San Stef this afternoon and had a lovely walk along the beach. It's currently really wide, would be fab if it is like that in the summer!
All is very quiet in the village, although work is progressing on the front of Olympia restaurant, where they are hoping to put around 10 outside tables this summer for al fresco dining.
Also, some have been taking advantage of this great weather to do some gardening, with some pruning of trees going on, with piles of palm fronds at Summer Dreams.

Hoping this sunshine continues....getting quite used to sitting outside!  8)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 25, 2015, 06:12:42 PM »
Well, after almost a week of wet weather, it was lovely to see some sunshine today, giving us a chance to head to San Stef and enjoy a walk along the beach  :)

Haven't been down for about 10 days, and during that time some people have been quite busy.

The dividing wall between the old San Stef car hire office and the empty premises next door has been knocked through, to create one larger premises.
More shopping options for this summer we think, as the building belongs to Athina and Stefanos, owners of Elizabeths. and Condor Bar.

Walking past Vicky's towards the steps down to the beach, we noticed that Paralia Apartments are doing some work creating a new entrance to their parking area, and there is finally work progressing at the apartments on the other side of Delfino Blu. Still not sure if they are part of Delfino or not, but the part finished pool area is receiving attention, with the start of what looks like a pool bar being built. Will be nice if this get finished this year.

We had a great walk all along the beach, then foolishy thought we could cross the stream, mad idea really with the ammount of rain we've had these past few days!
After deciding we'd never be able to jump it without getting very soggy, we cut through along the side of Athina Hotel, which has itself been the recipient  of a great spruce up, having received a paint job around all the exterior of the hotel.

And, finally there has been a little bit of demolition. Next to Tasty Corner was a single storey building, of apartments....half of this has been bulldozed. Not sure why, will be interesting to see what happens next!     

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 25, 2015, 07:25:17 PM »
Although Facebook seems to dominate things at the moment still love to come on here and get my much needed San Stefanos fix with your posts Jackie!!..Great to be able to picture what your describing..Nearly..but not quite!! as good as being there!!..Keep them up and they are much appreciated! x :) :)
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni