Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376536 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #645 on: November 11, 2014, 12:47:42 PM »
It is indeed Dupnica. We are staying with Pete's parents whilst we're here, who live about 5 miles from Waspman.
Just seen on facebook some photos of Chrisanthos from 3 W's, Stefanos who works at 2 Stars, and Spiros (son of 2 Stars) at the darts in Wolverhampton, on Sky Sports. Hope they brought their raincoats!!

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 16, 2014, 04:19:23 PM »
Had a lovely couple of days in Southwold, Suffolk. Couldn't leave without buying bottles of Mythos from the Adnams store.  :D

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 16, 2014, 10:31:13 PM »
Good beer, Adnams. I know the brewery well: I wrote an episode of "Hazell" set in Southwold that involved the brewery!

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 17, 2014, 12:20:28 AM »
Really? Nice one Jimbo. I loved Hazell!!!  Yes Adnams is an excellent brewery, Ghost Ship is the current favourite of hubby and me. I went on a brewery tour in the summer - really good.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 17, 2014, 12:53:48 AM »
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hazell-The-Complete-Series-DVD/dp/B0042PG0R6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Something retro for the long, dark winter evenings! My episodes are "Hazell and the Suffolk Ghost" and "Hazell bangs the drum."

The second one taught me to be careful with directions if there was a possibility of going on location. There's a scene on a small cargo boat with a party. Hazell is the (awful) drummer in the (awful) band.

I was roped in to join the party on the night-shoot in the old London docks. I was chatting up one of the extras and told her I was the writer. Normally, this elicited responses like "Will you write me a great part in something?" accompanied by a hint of knicker-dropping.

This time she went over, picked up a script, turned it to the scene, and shouted "Did you write THIS?"

INTERIOR BOAT - NIGHT

THE BAND SOUNDS LIKE SHIT AND THERE'S A LOAD OF UGLY SCRUBBERS WAVING THEIR FLABBY BITS ABOUT.

No point denying it, so I went off the catering wagon and had a bacon buttie.

Hazell would probably have said "Yeah, darling. I've already complained to the casting director that there's too many beautiful girls here. Fancy being in a movie?"

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 17, 2014, 01:12:58 PM »
Ah some more Adnams fans! I have been going to the brewery for 40 years to get their bitter, even before they branched out. Its 30 miles from me so when my work took in Southwold that eased a long car trip. Nowadays if you order over £50 from the shop online you get free courier delivery, so that makes bottles of bitter work out at £1.50 a pint. They do all their range online including the small barrels. Tenbeech will probably be slavering at the thought  ;D

http://cellarandkitchen.adnams.co.uk/
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:53:19 PM by swedebasher »
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 17, 2014, 02:09:36 PM »
Brilliant. I'll be getting some mini-casks for Xmas.

Thinks...

Maybe sooner.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 28, 2014, 09:46:48 PM »
Safe journey back to Corfu Jackie hope you don't run into any bad weather on the way. Look forward to hearing all the news from Agios Stefanos.It will be good to read something interesting as this forum is getting a bit boring at a moment.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 29, 2014, 12:11:25 AM »
 Maybe we should all make an effort so it not Boreing !

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 29, 2014, 01:50:04 AM »
Nothing here Dup, they're all on Facebook

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 29, 2014, 04:28:35 PM »
There's not much on Facebook, either. Everybody's too busy fighting over TVs in Tesco.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 29, 2014, 07:30:58 PM »
 What a disgusting show of pure greed that was,people trampling over each for a widescreen television! That's one American import we can do without.
 Changing the subject,Easyjet are taking a long time to release their flights for September,still only available until the 7th,I'm sure they were on earlier than this last year. Ryanair are taking bookings up until October.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 30, 2014, 07:37:21 PM »
We made it home!  :D

Left a dark, damp and slightly foggy Wiltshire at 5.30am on Friday, took the ferry from Dover to Calais, then headed all the way down through France. Van started to make a bit of a scary noise about 3 hours into France, but some investigation resulted in us realising it was the suspension complaining about the weight it was carrying, rather than the engine about to blow up!!
Made it through the Mont Blanc tunnel just before Midnight, then, after a bit of sleep motored on down to Ancona, to catch the ferry to Igoumenitsa. Had a 4 hour delay, due to a Greek strike 2 days earlier, but hey, these things happen in Greece!
Woke this morning to a warm day, a bit blustery on the boat, but it blew away the cobwebs!
Off the ferry at the International terminal, then a quick dash to the domestic terminal, and just made it onto the ferry to Corfu. A very pleasant 2 hour crossing saw us arrive in a warm and sunny Corfu town at around 2.30pm today.

Now made it to the house we rent in Winter, and its great to be home!!

We will probably head to San Stef tomorrow, to give Bod a long anticipated walk along the beach, so updates will soon resume.....not everyday again until about April, but certainly on a regular basis.  ;)

Offline Andy

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 30, 2014, 07:54:25 PM »
Hi Pete, Jackie and Bod

Pleased to see you home again without too much trouble on the way.
We will look out for your posts to the forum on a more regular basis now😊

Best wishes from
Debbie and Andy

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 30, 2014, 08:26:43 PM »
What a disgusting show of pure greed that was,people trampling over each for a widescreen television! That's one American import we can do without.
 Changing the subject,Easyjet are taking a long time to release their flights for September,still only available until the 7th,I'm sure they were on earlier than this last year. Ryanair are taking bookings up until October.

Easyjet flights for rest of September and up to late October are due out this week i believe.
Last year they were released 1st week of December because i booked our usual Sept flights to Portugal then.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni