Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1375993 times)

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #600 on: October 09, 2014, 07:57:45 PM »
Have to say that the web cam images today have made me envious of anyone who's there at the minute.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 09, 2014, 09:15:41 PM »
To me, birds are just things with feathers that crap on my car! I can do robins...

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 10, 2014, 01:01:38 AM »
Well, Jimbo's summed it up.....an absolutely glorious day.

The sun shone all day, lovely temperature, that actually went up later in the afternoon!
With virtually no clouds in the sky, the sunset was glorious, setting with a beautiful reddish glow.

Everyone is gradually winding down now....Fantasea and Kamini are now closed, and Mistral and Waves were closed this evening, although I'm not sure if they are still open in the daytime, as some sunbeds are still out on the beach in front of their respective establishments.

But there is still places to eat in the older part of the village, with Manthos, Nafsika, and Beachcombers still open.

However, with departures tomorrow, I feel this weekend will see a lot of places closing for the season. Ourselves, we are officially closing on Saturday, but will still be around doing stock checks, cleaning etc until we depart next Friday.....the summer has gone so fast!  :o

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 10, 2014, 09:40:44 AM »
There was a distinctly party atmosphere at Little Prince last night as they performed the last dances of the season. Everyone was smiling and laughing, and just about the entire restaurant got up and danced hand in hand. LP closes after the last bus leaves today at 17:45.

Pavlos was cutting the hedge outside Zorba's earlier in the evening!

Another beautiful day has dawned. We can spend it by sea and pool until we leave at 16:45. It really is the best way to depart.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 10, 2014, 12:39:42 PM »
Safe trip home Jimbo,thank you too,for your daily reports.Going to be a long winter now,with Hippopots returning next week,I,m going to miss all that goes on in the village.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 10, 2014, 07:57:24 PM »
Has been a beautiful suuny day again today, so Jimbo got the chance to catch the last few rays before departing  8)

As he said, Little Prince has now closed, as well as Olympia, Bar 38 and Lubranos.

However, we still have Yiannis, Tasty Corner, 2 Stars, Condor, Beachcombers, Nafsika, Manthos, Aquarius, Mediterranean Village, Acabar, Athens Bar, and 3W's still open.

The beach is beautiful right now....lovely calm sea, and no crowds.

We are now taking on a distinctly Autumnal feel, the light as the sun sets is stunning, and everything is running at a slightly slower pace, as we all wind down to winter time!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 11, 2014, 08:10:28 PM »
 I may be mistaken but when I looked at the webcam it seemed as though Kostas still had some sunbeds out at the far end of the beach.

I don't blame him the weather is still good and there are still a few visitors there.The free sunbeds must affect his income,doesn't seem fair,

wish they would go back toy the old system.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 11, 2014, 08:40:26 PM »
The free sunbeds are only allowed on the harbour side of the stream, at Waves, Mistral and Manthos.

I reckon, from observation, that about 99% go the other way. They do not think that life is possible in the old part of the village, or that it even exists. They think that vast sea-monsters inhabit the small drifts of innocuous seaweed that tend to end up there, not realising that wading through two yards of tiny leaves into crystal-clear water has immense aphrodisiac properties, and promotes general health and well-being.

Kostas has probably done okay, judging from reports of the density of the August population.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 11, 2014, 09:30:05 PM »
The weather is gorgeous, and yep, sunbeds are still out....outside Manthos, Mistral, Waves, Athina and Havana.

It's also perfect weather to be using them! Places on the beach are still open in daytime, so still possible to have a lunchtime drink by the sea.
The sunset this evening was truely stunning.

2 Stars, and Barras have now closed, but forgot to mention yesterday that Town Pizza is still open, and Lubrano's has re-opened...it's a little like musical tavernas!

All is pretty quiet now, but the beer festival is proving to be very successful....we think we might go and sample it ourselves tomorrow night  ;D 

Offline Broonie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 12, 2014, 12:32:55 AM »
Just come back from a great week in the village ,we like to sunbathe on the beach ,and walk and talk to many friends ,we have used costas for years ,come lunchtime we may go to mistral or waves or Havana ,so jimbo we can cross the great divide and make our own choice ,I don't grudge any of my 7.50 euro ,next year is our 20th

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 12, 2014, 02:38:38 PM »
 I do know where the free sunbeds are but they have only become free in the last two years and although August is the busiest month it is only one

month out of a very short season. Most people will nor pay for something they can get free even if they have to walk a couple of hundred yards.

Do the beach side bars in Sidari have free beds does anyone know? I doubt it.

We always stay in the old part of the village and never venture any farther than Olympia in the evenings,there are plenty of eating establishments

at that end of Agios Stefanos to satisfy our requirements.

Many of the local residents are saddened at what is happening to what was once a peaceful haven and fear what the future holds.One restaurant

owner voiced his fears to us saying he thinks it will become worse that Sidari.What will we do if it does? Will we continue to go there or will we seek pastures new I wonder.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 13, 2014, 09:40:13 PM »
Another 2 glorious hot and sunny days.

Didn't do a write up for yesterday as we had a day off ourselves, and felt like we were on Holiday too!

We walked over the headland to have a frappe with a friend in Arillas, then after leaving a warm doggy at the shop for a snooze we chose Mistral for lunch, where we could idle away the time watching people enjoying the beach and the sea.
Then, in the evening we had a lovely meal at Beachcombers, where Sue is chosing to stay open for a little longer, to give people another option fo dinner....and she had quite a few people in so hopefully it's going to be worth it for them.

The village really is on wind down now, with only Beachcombers, Summer Dreams, Quattro, Town Pizza and Yiannis Gyros open for dinner, other than Nafsika, Thomas Bay, and Athina. Although there are still people here, virtually all are staying half board, so its very hard for the restaurnts to keep going.
Gift shops are still open, but I expect will call it a day soon.....we will finish on Wednesday, before returning to the UK Friday.
So, there will be a couple more posts, then I'll do periodic ones during winter, to keep everyone going until next year! ;D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 13, 2014, 11:24:22 PM »
Thanks for all your reports and hard work during the Summer.  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 13, 2014, 11:55:40 PM »
Another 2 glorious hot and sunny days.

Didn't do a write up for yesterday as we had a day off ourselves, and felt like we were on Holiday too!

We walked over the headland to have a frappe with a friend in Arillas, then after leaving a warm doggy at the shop for a snooze we chose Mistral for lunch, where we could idle away the time watching people enjoying the beach and the sea.
Then, in the evening we had a lovely meal at Beachcombers, where Sue is chosing to stay open for a little longer, to give people another option fo dinner....and she had quite a few people in so hopefully it's going to be worth it for them.

The village really is on wind down now, with only Beachcombers, Summer Dreams, Quattro, Town Pizza and Yiannis Gyros open for dinner, other than Nafsika, Thomas Bay, and Athina. Although there are still people here, virtually all are staying half board, so its very hard for the restaurnts to keep going.
Gift shops are still open, but I expect will call it a day soon.....we will finish on Wednesday, before returning to the UK Friday.
So, there will be a couple more posts, then I'll do periodic ones during winter, to keep everyone going until next year! ;D

Wil you be spending most of winter in the UK or San Stef?

I know where I would rather be!

Andy

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 14, 2014, 11:21:53 AM »
thanks very much for all your posts, I really enjoyed them (and read them out to my hubby every day!)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni