Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376237 times)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #405 on: July 28, 2014, 06:48:53 PM »
Been reading on FB,that the seaweed has returned  :'(. I was wondering if this happening a second time,was maybe to do with the dredging of the harbour,and dumping the weed out in the sea at Ericousa ?.Any thoughts on this folks ?.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 28, 2014, 07:29:29 PM »
There is so much natural seaweed growth out in the sea that its only normal it comes up on the beach.you only need the wind to increase and the sea to get rough and bobs your uncle,more weed.Dont think dredging has anything to do with it.

Offline shawty1984

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 28, 2014, 08:44:35 PM »
There was a storm this morning too so I'm guessing that didn't help.
Romanza hotel, best place on earth.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 29, 2014, 02:09:29 AM »
Good evening all,

Well today started with a 7am thunderstorm, followed by rain and wind, just so not the weather we'd expect in July!!
Put the kybosh on my planned trip to Othoni with friends, as none  of us have strong sailor stomachs!
But by 10.30am sky was clear, and the sun was shinin once again. The wind also dropped, leaving us with a hot, and quite humid day.

With regard to the aformentioed seaweed....unfortunately the stormy conditions does result in seaweed deposits on the beach, good ole Mother Nature likes to throw it at us here in San Stef.

But it is nothing like earlier in the year, just some near the stream area.

Just got back from a lovely meal at Ozzy Oil...a joint birthday celebration for myself and a friend...Kerry and Nikos provided us with a gorgeous meal, and a thoroughly enjoyable evening  :D

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 29, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
Glad you enjoyed your birthday celebration - and Happy Birthday!! thanks for the fantastic updates

Offline Steve B

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 29, 2014, 11:09:17 PM »
Thanks for the updates hippopots. I really enjoy reading whats going on, and Happy Birthday, I hope you had a great day.

Offline Chucklebones

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 30, 2014, 01:13:49 PM »
Hi Hippopots, thank you so much for your regular updates - seems there are more storms around for this time of year, we may catch one. Flying out on 11th Aug for 2 weeks.
Would you or any body else be able to suggest where we can hire a Suzuki Jeep - just for a couple of days say 13th 14th Aug. Thanks for your time. Xxx

Gavlah1973

« Reply #412 on: July 30, 2014, 06:41:02 PM »
My advice..... dont get a Suzuki jeep..... youll roast. Get a car with air con!!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 30, 2014, 06:44:36 PM »
Agree with Gav, met a family in July who hired a jeep, they said it was a mistake

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 30, 2014, 07:36:11 PM »
Totaly agree,did it once and never again.air co rules ok.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 31, 2014, 12:28:01 AM »
Evening!
Can't really comment on how good a jeep is/is not to drive, as I've never driven one.
However, I can say that there is a good choice of hire car places in the resort, San Stefanos car hire, dimitri and Manos, Tsaros, and you can aso rent through Olgas travel, and San Stefanos travel
I would recommend contacting them to book in advance at this time of year though, as they are pretty busy.

I was talking to someone today who wanted to hire a quad, and couldn't get one until Friday! And I think the car hire companies are just as busy.

Woke up to a hot, sticky day, which clouded over this afternoon, then ended with a thunderstorm about 5pm. Just a few drops of rain, and thunder for about half an hour. Such unusual weather this summer!!

There was another wedding today, hopefully not impeded by the storm.....everyone was looking very happy during their wedding meal at Little Prince tonight, so I'm sure they enjoyed their day.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 01, 2014, 12:55:39 AM »
Another thunderstorm at 3am this morning for a couple of hours, with lots of lightening, some low rumbles of thunder and a couple of very load thunderclaps, and driving rain! Talking to some customers today, most seemed to sleep through it, and woke up to another beautiful sunny day completely undisturbed by it....unfortunately we had a terrified dog quivering on the bed!

So after the storm it has been very hot today, and lots of people were enjoying the beach.

This evening was my friends last night before returning to the UK tomorrow, and I went with them to Summer Dreams for dinner, and for their Greek Night which they do every Thursday.
There were 2 couples in traditiional dress dancing, then they got us all up to have a go, followed by one of the girls belly dancing. And I have to say I've not laughed so much in ages when she dragged up my friend to belly dance with her.....he was totally up for it, and tears were rolling down mine, his wife's and his daughters cheeks!!
I have to say their dancing was very good, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening. ;D

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 01, 2014, 01:12:03 AM »
Strange weather this year, not usually so much rain/thunder storms hope it's better in September

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 01, 2014, 10:25:45 AM »
Not just Corfu either. My sister has just returned from Croatia, and they had some spectacular storms there too.

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 01, 2014, 02:38:18 PM »
Strong winds and a fair amount of cloud again this morning in San Stef ,cancelled last nights sun set picnic on the beach due to wind and cloud, looks like tonight may be cancelled again, most unusual weather, t shirts and shawls required around the pool at the mo! Just have to tough it out at the bar!! ;D

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni