Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376075 times)

Offline StevenM

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #375 on: July 24, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »
Same here in Edinburgh, Scotland. Hot and sunny which makes a nice change  :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 24, 2014, 07:36:51 PM »
Hot, sunny and blowy in Agios Stephanos today.

You can tell the school holidays have arrived - the pools are full of happy kids!

Looking forward to the live music at Nafsika tonight - they are brilliant - nice eclectic mix of blues, standards, sixties etc.

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 24, 2014, 10:05:22 PM »

You can tell the school holidays have arrived - the pools are full of happy kids!

Looking forward to the live music at Nafsika tonight - they are brilliant - nice eclectic mix of blues, standards, sixties etc.

Good to hear there is plenty of kiddies about. Hopefully there'll be lots of friends for our 5 year old in 4 weeks time.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 25, 2014, 12:37:19 AM »
A hot sunny San Stef again, and quite a busy one too.
A power cut from 9 until 11.30 meant the generators kicked in for a couple of hours, but it wasn't long before everything returned to normal.

As Jimbo has said, there are quite a lot of families here now, of all nationalities, which makes for a nice ambience.

My visiting friends spent the day at the Athena Hotel pool, which they thoroughly enjoyed. They have, up til now been using the pool where they are staying at Barras, but just fancied a change of scene!

We went for early evening cocktails at Silver Star, before they had dinner, at 3 euros each during happy hour (7 til 10), it would be a shame not too! El Greco also has happy hour, and their cocktail list looks rather nice too!

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 26, 2014, 12:08:07 AM »

Have never seen live music in Nafsika, is it new for this season?

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 26, 2014, 12:30:44 AM »
Don't know who was playing at Nafsika teamnikos, maybe Jimbo can help us out??

Another very hot day saw me up and out at 8am this morning....thats very early for us! Was nice to see the vilage that early though, as people were starting to arrive for work, I was off out for the day  ;D

Another very hot and sunny one, and after warnng everyone to slap on the sunscreen I got caught out myself, and am positively glowing tonight!!

Seems very quiet tonight, but it's changeover, so people all on the move. We closed early to go out with our visitors, and have just returned from a very nice meal at Yiannis Grill Room, which was quite busy.
As we walked back to the shop though, all is quite quiet, waiting for the new influx of guests....     

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 26, 2014, 01:23:18 AM »
Great to meet you Hippopots, took good photos of you with the head gear and glasses, see you both in September

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 26, 2014, 02:22:28 AM »
What dates in Sept Waspman..we go 5th to 19th,staying at Anatoli Apts  8) 8)
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Gavlah1973

« Reply #383 on: July 26, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
The music at Nafsica is a duo. Its on every Thursday.
They are very good. When we saw them they played everything from songs in the 60's to recent stuff. Well worth a look

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 26, 2014, 12:00:40 PM »
Yep - German lady with a terrific voice and a Greek man. Just two electric guitars and vocals, so no loud percussion.

They start around nine and go on until nearly midnight, so, although eating at Nafsika is an entirely sensible thing to do, you could just stroll up for a drink late evening.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 26, 2014, 02:08:17 PM »
Never been in Nafsika,but planning to pop in on our September visit to San Stef.We will pass it on our nightly wobble back to Fedra  ;D.Have they Amstel on draught ?.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 26, 2014, 03:13:27 PM »
Don't know about Amstel - they have draught Mythos.

If you're at Fedra Mare, go and eat at Nafsika. Some lovely people with two nice kids staying at Vangelis asked me where I recommended, and I pointed up to Nafsika and said "Try that!" They ate there almost every night for the next ten days...

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 26, 2014, 06:01:25 PM »
After the huge breakfasts at Fedra Mare Winkie you probably won't be able to eat for the rest of the day.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 26, 2014, 06:25:59 PM »
 I wonder if the singer at Nafsica could be Stefania Kaloudis,she is German and used to sing at Phoenix (now Ozzie Owl) with two other musicians.
 I have a CD that I bought from them when they played there.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 26, 2014, 07:03:13 PM »
Is Ozzie Owl a new taverna in Ag Stef?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni