Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376313 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #360 on: July 20, 2014, 02:37:35 PM »
At last we may see you then Chris. We arrive 29th August  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 21, 2014, 12:08:59 AM »
Will be good to catch up with you too Chris in Sept.

Guess what....hot again!! ;D
The sun is pretty strong too, my friends daughter has a very rosy glow tonight, despite being slathered in factor 50 waterproof, and wearing a T shirt in the pool.

I was lucky enough to sneak out from work this afternoon to join them at Barras pool, where they are staying. It's not the biggest pool, but it was lovely and quiet. They say they've often had it to themselves, like their own private pool!
And despite it being by the road, I didn't notice any traffic noise whilst I was there.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 21, 2014, 09:17:11 PM »
Good news - the beach by Waves/Mistral/Manthos has widened quite a bit over the last few days. Spiros at Mistral reckons it's added 5/6 yards.
The seaweed is almost deposited on the beach now the wind has dropped, and provided somebody can be persuaded to collect it, it should be fine. Part of the problems this year seem to come from the strange local government system here. The elections were weeks ago, but the outgoing politicos remain in power until August 31st - and they appear not to be going gracefully.

Meanwhile - another beautiful day - hot sun, warm sea, cold beer and wonderful food.

Oh, and yesterday I sat at Hippopots painting a large fat frog with Hull City football strip. Jackie was immensely kind, but really I should have got the seven-year old Greek child at the next table to do it. I developed an unusual technique, best described as Ceramic Primitive. When I was about fourteen I planned to be one of the world's great painters, but now I doubt if I'd get a job demonstrating emulsion painting in B&Q.

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 22, 2014, 12:26:17 AM »
Jimbo - does your frog have the new kit on?

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 22, 2014, 12:40:24 AM »
Good news - the beach by Waves/Mistral/Manthos has widened quite a bit over the last few days. Spiros at Mistral reckons it's added 5/6 yards.
The seaweed is almost deposited on the beach now the wind has dropped, and provided somebody can be persuaded to collect it, it should be fine. Part of the problems this year seem to come from the strange local government system here. The elections were weeks ago, but the outgoing politicos remain in power until August 31st - and they appear not to be going gracefully.

Meanwhile - another beautiful day - hot sun, warm sea, cold beer and wonderful food.

Oh, and yesterday I sat at Hippopots painting a large fat frog with Hull City football strip. Jackie was immensely kind, but really I should have got the seven-year old Greek child at the next table to do it. I developed an unusual technique, best described as Ceramic Primitive. When I was about fourteen I planned to be one of the world's great painters, but now I doubt if I'd get a job demonstrating emulsion painting in B&Q.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 22, 2014, 12:41:26 AM »
dean windass?

quote author=Jimbo link=topic=2419.msg67022#msg67022 date=1405963031]

[/quote]

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 22, 2014, 01:32:34 AM »
Ah, Jimbo, I'm sure he'll look good when he comes out the kiln!

As Jimbo says, hot and sunny today, with a few dark clouds this evening.....but no rain, so no problem!

Just got back into the resort after a night out, and its still quite busy here. A few people ambling back to rooms, lots of people sat outside Thomas Bay (although a few may be heading home tonight), and still some enjoying a drink in the bars.
For a changeover night its quite lively, so that hopefully means lots of new arrivals! 

Gavlah1973

« Reply #367 on: July 22, 2014, 06:34:29 PM »
Our friends arrive in 10 days with their 6yo for their 1st visit.
We are going round to theirs on Sat to give them the low down. I'll make sure i point them in the direction of Hippopots!!

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 22, 2014, 09:02:19 PM »
Did Jumbo look OK when he came out of the kiln?

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 22, 2014, 09:03:41 PM »
Our friends arrive in 10 days with their 6yo for their 1st visit.
We are going round to theirs on Sat to give them the low down. I'll make sure i point them in the direction of Hippopots!!

Tell them to be careful with their 6 year old around Waves Gav, you'll know what I mean!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #370 on: July 23, 2014, 01:38:27 AM »
That poor sign

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 23, 2014, 11:01:38 AM »
What's happening right now (10am) is that thunder is rumbling around and it's raining!

Offline Chucklebones

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 23, 2014, 07:42:49 PM »
 :o oh wow thunder at this time of year? Enjoy a good storm. X

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 24, 2014, 12:35:08 AM »
Sorry there was no update yesterday due to our internet going off last night. Ours works off an antenna, and has these occasional glitches in an otherwise great system.

As Jimbo has said, thunder rumbling around this morning, with a little rain. Apparently it was raining quite hard early this morning, but we slept through that!
It was a bit overcast until mid afternoon, then the sun broke through again. Lots of dark clouds inland, and apparently raining in Corfu town today, but it wasn't bad at all here, with a few people saying it was quite a nice respite from the heat.

A lovely clear sunset tonight, with people on the beach taking photos.
Busy restaurants tonight too, all in the old part of the village were doing well, and as well as the people in Zorbas and Little Prince, there were a fair few watching the dancing from outside too.
Met Sellsy and family today, on their way out for a meal,when they popped in to say 'Hi', which was nice. 

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 24, 2014, 02:08:33 AM »
Sunny and hot here in Southern  England

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni