Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376090 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #270 on: June 16, 2014, 01:36:25 AM »
Another nice sunny day today, just a slight breeze this morning to take the heat off a little, but this dropped by afternoon.

Took a walk along the beach just before darkness fell this evening, and it was just beautiful. The sea is very calm, the sun was setting, and there were a couple of sailing boats bobbing about just out to sea.

Was nice to sea all the beachfront tavernas doing a good trade tonight.....the start of the season couldn't have been easy for them, with the seaweed, and the breeze that always seemed to be blowing in off the sea. But now the beach is back to its usual high standard, and the weather has improved, Waves, Beachcombers, Mistral, and Manthos were all busy tonight. And the smells wafting out from their kitchens were making my mouth water! 

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 16, 2014, 09:39:04 AM »
Glad to hear good news for the beachside tavernas at last  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 17, 2014, 12:22:21 AM »
Sunny one again today, with just a slight breeze coming from the east, to take the edge off the heat.....good sunburning weather though  :o

Seen a few red bodies walking around this afternoon!

The sea is lovely and calm at the moment, and this morning, walking towards the beach, looking down from the bend in the road, just past Olympia, over the roof of Perditas, the sea had that most gorgeous turquoise hue.

A little quieter out and about this evening, although lots of cheering could be heard from Athens Bar earlier. I think they may have had a few German guests having a beer whilst watching the footie.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 17, 2014, 12:51:06 AM »
Oh, how I can see that turquoise hue in my minds eye.............

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 17, 2014, 01:34:40 AM »
Also loving the new beach brollies that looked to be going up this evening. Are they the lovely rush ones that rustle in the breeze? :)

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 17, 2014, 01:37:03 AM »
Whoops meant to say I am with you Debra seeing that Turquoise in my minds eye. Holiday needs to come quicker still have a month to wait...

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 18, 2014, 01:09:21 AM »
yes Amandaj, the new beach brollies are made of straw, they look fab.

Unfortunately today they probably got more use keeping people dry! Yes, unbelievably for mid June we woke up to rain this morning!
It did improve as the day went on, drying out, still with some cloud, but pretty warm.
Then this evening another couple of showers came our way....hoping tomorrow Corfu weather will be back to its usual glorious self  ::)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 18, 2014, 01:12:14 AM »
Can you send us some rain Hippopots, we desperately need some down south

Offline laurenandsam

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 18, 2014, 04:53:16 PM »
No we don't need any rain in the south

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 18, 2014, 07:02:02 PM »
And we certainly don't want it up north

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 18, 2014, 11:43:56 PM »
No we don't need any rain in the south

Yes we do!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2014, 01:32:04 AM »
Good news, the rain was gone from here today....not sure if its headed your way waspman, but its not here anymore, much to the relief of people on holiday, especially the poor souls who flew in Monday night!!  ;D

Consquently the beach was busy by 10.30 this morning. Lots of cars parked up, and most sunbeds looked pretty full too.
There must be quite a number of people staying here at the moment, because as well as a busy beach, I encountered busy roads whilst driving to the post office in Kavadaddes....lots of quads and scooters around. Both Spiros and Pegasus are doing pretty good trade at the moment!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2014, 01:38:24 AM »
Definitely not reached us yet Hippopots, more's the pity, a bit too dry here at the moment, you can tell I'm gardener. See you soon!

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2014, 07:46:55 PM »
I need the rain too Waspman the allotment doesn't water itself and I will have biceps like Popeye unless it rains soon!  :)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2014, 01:53:40 AM »
Well, don't know if you guys got the rain, but we have it here again.....VERY unseasonal!!

The day began nice and sunny, just a few white fluffy clouds drifting about.
By 5.30pm there were some very ominous black clouds coming in from off shore, along with a wind getting up, resulting in much battening down of the hatches......Spiros took his bikes in, Yianni took his menu off his front wall, and secured his PVC windbreaks, and Elizabeths pulled down the shutters. Not ones to ignore local advice, our ceramics got pulled in close to the shop front too.

Fortunately the wind was not as bad as anticipated, and after a 10 minute torrential downpour, the clouds passed over, and people could once again go out and enjoy their evening.

The England game was watched by many tonight, we personally went next door to Athens Bar. We were going to try and stay up for the Greece game, but more thunder is rumbling around now, and we have a very stressed dog when the weather is like this!

But hopefully this storm will pass ready for a good day tomorrow!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni