Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376190 times)

Gavlah1973

Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #255 on: June 08, 2014, 09:05:20 PM »
That's the steepest bit Waspy. Get to there and it gets less steep as you go up!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 09, 2014, 01:12:19 AM »
Another nice, hot and sunny day  8)
It did get a little cloudy early evening, and pretty humid, so we were expecting maybe a thunderstorm, but it didn't materialise, which was good.

The beach was busy this afternoon....being Sunday, there were a fair number of Greeks enjoying the seaside, as well as the visitors.

This evening there was quite a few people having late dinner, in Yiannis Gyros, as well as the newer grillroom next to Bar 38. Last year this opened under the name of 'Delicious', this year there has been a change of name, and change of ownership, with Sophia, who owns the building (and used to have a gift shop in the same premises), at the helm. 

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 09, 2014, 01:48:58 AM »
What's the name of the new grill room Hippopots?

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 10, 2014, 01:38:28 AM »
Evening all....another late one, due to treating ourselves to a meal out with friends at Beachcombers....and very nice it was too.

Waspman, I think the new grillroom is called Lubrano's.You know how you walk past somewhere everyday, and kind of register the name, then can't quite be 100% sure.....but I can check tomorrow!!

Lovely hot sunny start to the day, but by late afternoon the dark clouds were looming, with the odd rumble of thunder. By 7.30pm we had thunder, lightening, and a downpour, but it didn't last long enough to ruin anyone's evening....in fact we had quite a nice light show whilst eating dinner.

Hopefully that will now clear the air for a good day tomorrow. The sky was amazing colours tonight, as the sun went down there were some shades of purple in the sunset, absolutely stunning

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 10, 2014, 02:51:04 AM »
Please,please keep these daily updates coming as it keeps me so in touch until its finally our turn in Sept!!!! :D :D
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 11, 2014, 01:13:14 AM »
Well, after last nights brief storm, today has been hot, hot ,hot!  8)

The village was pretty quiet this afternoon, as it seemed the best place to be was on the beach or by the pool.

This evening was busy, with most of the bars doing a good trade, entertainment wise there was karaoke in Thomas Bay, and Katie Perry tribute in Condor.

Quite a few heading to Aquarius for a quiet drink, and a number of people sat in amongst the gorgeous roses in Summer Dreams garden.

A new structure has appeared on the side of Olympia, I'm guessing probably in place to be covered to make a nice shaded area under which to sit. Their garden area to the side of the restaurant also looks really nice, with comfy seats in which to sit is you just fancy a drink.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2014, 01:11:43 AM »
Hot and sunny again today!
However we have come to the conclusion that maybe the thermometer on the digital display at San Stef car hire is on the blink, as that has so far not gone above 24 degrees, and it was definately hotter than that this afternoon!!

Still quite a number of people on the beach at 7pm tonight, dipping their toes in the sea.....

Quattro, the new Italian restaurant is doing a steady trade, and is getting some excellent reviews. Not tried it ourselves, but have been told by four different people what great meals they had there .Good to see another empty premises filled, as its never nice to see things closed down. Hopefully we will all have a good season, and the village as a whole will continue to thrive.  :) 

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2014, 01:54:53 AM »
That thermometer must be be wrong Hippopots as it's been about 23 degrees in UK today

For the sake of all forum members you really must try Quattro (the new Itilian restaurant) and give us an independent/local review.

I'll see you in Ag Stef in July, if you know me!!

Thanks for the updates

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 13, 2014, 01:13:15 AM »
Pop by and say 'Hi' Waspman...always nice to meet everyone!

Another hot one, and sunny until about 6pm, when it did cloud over slightly, but not enough to worry about.

Sorry but todays update is short and sweet. I haven't actually left the shop today due to gippy tum, not caused by any local establishments I hasten to add!!
So an afternoon in bed, and an evening in the shop quietly painting. And with me not eating, hubby had the perfect excuse to treat himself to a gyros from Yiannis!!

Should hopefully be fine again tomorrow, so will go for a wander and hopefully be more in touch with whats going on!!

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 13, 2014, 01:16:44 AM »
Get well soon

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 13, 2014, 09:49:21 AM »
Hope you feel better today  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 13, 2014, 03:29:27 PM »
Sat at the new enlarged El Greco just now having just enjoyed a Mythos and a great sausage pita. Bright and sunny and hot again today, v. warm on beach yesterday, all sunbeds taken by about 10.30. Kostas beds should be back on Saturday, this will ease things a bit. Anyway, time for a frappe now I think

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 14, 2014, 01:26:19 AM »
Feeling back to normal today....must of been one of those nasty 24 hour bugs!  >:(

So this afternoon I took myself off to the beach for a swim, and a snooze, and it was lovely. Despite being a changeover day, with many people coming and going, it was pretty busy there, with sunbeds being well used at Waves, Athina, and Mango. Lots of people in the water too.

This evening there was plenty of choice of places to watch the footy, including Barras, El Greco, Athens Bar, and Silver Star, but if its not your thing Acabar doesn't appear to be showing it, and Bar 38 were hosting their popular latin dance night tonight.

The temperature has really notched up now...no need for cardigans or jackets after dark any more! In fact, I popped down to the beach tonight too, just to dip my feet in the cool sea! I can highly reccommend it, with the waves lapping gently, and the full moon reflecting off the sea, I can't think of a better place to be  :) 

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 14, 2014, 04:07:21 PM »
There is now an official weather station in Arillas which will give an accurate temperature in the Village and San Steph will be very similar. The website also has a great webcam from the Horizon Hotel.

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IKERKIRA2

Andy
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 04:12:54 PM by Andy7 »

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 15, 2014, 01:17:37 AM »
Hot and sunny again  8)

Well, whether you like the football or not, it's being shown in most places tonight....probably due to the fact Greece were playing earlier, and England are due to play in less than an hour.

Lots of yelling, and groaning was coming from Athens Bar earlier, as Greece lost 3 - 0  :-[
And in various businesses (ourselves included) people could be seen keeping track of what was happening via the internet. Was a shame Greece lost, as I think there would have been much merriment and tooting of horns had they won!

Many of the bars were busy tonight, and people are out and about late, as there is the opportunity to watch England in many places. Some bars have other entertainment on first....Elvis in Silver Star, Robbie Williams in Condor, and Keith Mitchell in Athens Bar, but virtually all are advertising the England Game later.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni