Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376122 times)

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #225 on: June 04, 2014, 09:09:52 PM »
Hi Hippopots . Loving the updates makes our holiday feel that little bit closer :D Looking forward to July ...

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 05, 2014, 01:05:19 AM »
Nice hot day today, and the sun is getting that 'Greek intensity' about it.
Still a little cool in the evening, but I did go for a walk tonight in just a T-shirt, and it wasn't cold. Sorry, let me re-phrase that! No cardigan over my T shirt....

Quite a number of people were enjoying the morning sun and a bite to eat at 3 W's this morning. We've not eaten there yet, although have been for drinks many a time, but I've heard Margarita does a mean ommelette!

A walk around the older part of the village this evening saw the tavernas and restaurants there doing pretty good trade, it's very atmospheric to eat at one of the places there, listening to the sound of the waves, and after dark seeing the twinkling of lights on the Diapontia Islands   

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 05, 2014, 03:07:34 AM »

Cabmufc, the worried men play a bit of blues, a bit of country, a bit of Bob Dylan, George Harrison, etc. They generally play through May and June, then have a break until Sept, as one of them returns to the UK.

So they might be around playing whe we arrive in Sept??...bring it on!! :D :D
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Offline xxmullinsxx

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 05, 2014, 10:46:42 AM »
Hi there all, we will be visiting barras apartments in 3 weeks 4 days  :) and we are so excited ( we have a 6 yr old ! )  hope the beach is sorted as I cant really tell from the webcam  ::) see you there x

Offline LouiseB

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 05, 2014, 12:25:15 PM »
Hi Mullins we will be at Barras in 5 weeks !!!!
There has been lots of action on the beach and it was all cleared...I think seaweed is being washed up but keep seeing the digger regularly clearing it again xxlet me know how the Barras is and if the pool is ok temperature wise....we have a 5 yr old xxx

Offline xxmullinsxx

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 05, 2014, 12:54:47 PM »
Hi louise ( its helen by the way ) never been before but my mom and dad have been a few times and love san stefanos ! So youll be there the end of our last week then thats brill x my little boy will be very pleased theres someone to play with  :D the pool had better be warm cuz im a right wimp lol

Offline LouiseB

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 05, 2014, 01:11:18 PM »
I hope it's ok ......someone has commented that it's about 15 degrees brrrrrrrr but that you can use most pools in San stef.....also suggested Athina pool next to the beach.....5euros a sunbed but you get a receipt which u can then use for food / drinks .
Hoping there's no need for that but at least there are options!!!!
Look forward to seeing you there !

Offline xxmullinsxx

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2014, 03:39:23 PM »
Ha ha I hope it gets hotter than that ! But by the time we go the sun will be hotter and the pools got to be warmer than 15 degrees x very excited now with tne thought of just chilling by the pool x

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 05, 2014, 04:26:22 PM »
I doubt if any of the pools are as cool as 15o in July! Certainly not in my experience.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 05, 2014, 05:18:06 PM »
There is a nice childrens pool at silver star,opposite athens bar .always nice and warm,also has a small water slide.your welcome to use any pools,just buy a few drinks or a snack and everybody is happy..by the way its only 150 mtrs or so away from where you are staying

Offline xxmullinsxx

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 05, 2014, 05:21:29 PM »
That sounds brill, thanks ! But ive never been in a cold pool in greece so im sure it will be fine
mind you my little one wont sit still for long so we will probably have a look around x

Gavlah1973

« Reply #236 on: June 05, 2014, 11:07:35 PM »
You'll be glad of a cool pool believe me!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 06, 2014, 12:51:14 AM »
Nice and sunny again today, with a lovely clear view across to the Albanian mountains.

Good news is that the seaweed problem has been cleared, and the beach is lookin' good! Must take a trip down there again soon, as the water was lovely and warm last week.

For those that have no walking problems, a nice place to go is at the top of the headland between here and San Stef. Theres the Akrotiri, with its gardens, to stop for a drink or a snack, and also, between there and the little chapel theres another little place to stop for refreshments....the name escapes me now, but whats nice is they have some great swinging seats to sit, right at the edge of the cliff, with fantastic views to Arillas.
And don't forget that the door to the little chapel is usually open, so its possible to take a look inside. If you're up on the cliff, take a look.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2014, 01:16:01 AM »
Nice and sunny again today, with a lovely clear view across to the Albanian mountains.

Good news is that the seaweed problem has been cleared, and the beach is lookin' good! Must take a trip down there again soon, as the water was lovely and warm last week.

For those that have no walking problems, a nice place to go is at the top of the headland between here and San Stef. Theres the Akrotiri, with its gardens, to stop for a drink or a snack, and also, between there and the little chapel theres another little place to stop for refreshments....the name escapes me now, but whats nice is they have some great swinging seats to sit, right at the edge of the cliff, with fantastic views to Arillas.
And don't forget that the door to the little chapel is usually open, so its possible to take a look inside. If you're up on the cliff, take a look.
The name of the other little bar is Eriana,best not to swing too high on the swinging seats or you could end up in Arillas quicker than you think.
Don't forget Gravia  another lovely place to enjoy some refreshment.It is at the top of the pathway that leads down to Arrilas and overlooks the island also called Gravia.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 07, 2014, 12:41:52 AM »
Thanks Dupnica, for the name, and reminding us about Gravia....you're right, another lovely place on the cliff, with views to die for!

Took myself off to the beach this afternoon for a chance to enjoy the sun and sea. Lots of people there, on sunbeds outside Mango, and Waves, and quite a lot of cars parked indicating visitors from other resorts.
The sea was refreshing, and quite a few waves were rolling in due to a breeze (fortunately not a chilly one!). There was even enough surf for the two kite surfers that arrived. Made for quite an interesting afternoon watching them.

The daytime temperature at the moment seems to be settling nicely at around the mid 20's mark, according to the display on San Stef car hire opposite us. Last year I remember watching it creep up daily as the season progressed into July and August, hitting 40 a few times, before edging down again in September.   

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni