Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376309 times)

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2014, 05:34:03 PM »
Seaweed update - I stood beside one of the piles outside Waves this morning and it's higher than me (I'm 5'9"). I saw one lorry load taken away at about 10.30 and nothing since. The only sunbeds available are outside Mango.

Gorgeous day on the beach today. We walked the full length of the beach after lunch and were surprised that the rocks from last year have been covered up by sand, so the beach now goes on for even longer!

Next tough decision is whether it's Zorba's, 2 stars or Little Prince tonight...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 06:23:48 PM by Woodman »

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2014, 06:23:10 PM »
Lots of photos of the beach (and seaweed!) have been added (not by me) to the San Stefanos Avliotes page on Facebook.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2014, 12:05:46 AM »
An absolutely gorgeous sunny, hot day today 8)

The village was fairly quiet during the day today, probably lots of people taking the opportunity to chill out by the pool, and top up the tans!

This evening people were out and about enjoying the evening sun....a fair few sat in the last of the sunlight outside Kamini bar, and tavernas were all doing a good trade.
The new Italian restaurant has its signage up.....it's called 'Quattro', and may well be open soon.

As Lesley said, sunbeds now outside Mango and Havana, and the platform for watersports has been floated into place. Yes, there is still seaweed at the other end of the beach, but work is ongoing to sort it out.....in the meantime if you walk along the beach towards the north end, there is no problem with it, and the beach is quite wide here too.
Long may the glorious weather continue! :D

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2014, 11:29:31 AM »
Thankyou Hippopots for bringing the village to all of us who are not out in Aghios Stefanos yet - not long now though , will pop in and see you .

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2014, 10:31:50 PM »
Sunny, sunny, sunny!!
Wonderful weather today, which was particularly nice for the guests who are leaving tomorrow, as for some of their stay it had been a little cloudy, so always good to end on a high!!

Lots of people taking advantage of it today, hiring quads and scooters from Spiros, and also Pegasus.

This evening there are lots of people strolling around, and the evening temperature is warming up too, so makes it very pleasant to be able to sit outside one of the bars and enjoy a drink, as some were doing at Summer Dreams early evening.

We've met some lovely people this week, some regulars, and also some newbies, who, despite some not so seasonal weather earlier, have had a good time. One thing that is regularly commented on is the friendliness of the village....this is so nice for us all to hear!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 23, 2014, 11:58:13 PM »
Another sunny one today....think summer is definately here now.

Lots of comings and goings on changeover day.....it's amazing watching the coaches get around the tight corners, especially when turning down to the Athina hotel. We watch with bated breath anticipating the sound of metal scraping along our wall, but so far its not happened!

Bar 38 has put a weather report out on their front wall, which I imagine they will be doing all season....very handy if you don't have an app on your phone, or, if like us, you have a phone that doesn't do apps!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 25, 2014, 12:24:01 AM »
Oooops, after saying yesterday summer was definately here, we woke up today to overcast skies. But the sun broke through by mid afternoon, so all was not lost.
And whilst it was a little cloudy, it appeared many were taking the opportunity to do some walking.

This evening many people out, there are quite a lot of families here for half term.

Also, some lovely news today.
I'm sure many of you will join us in congratulating our friend Spiros, of Spiros Bikes, and his wife Maria, on the safe arrival of their second son today, a new baby brother for Nikos. Mum and baby are doing well! 

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 25, 2014, 12:27:04 AM »
That is really good news about Spiros and Maria. There are some photos on his Facebook page of the new arrival
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2014, 02:36:43 PM »
Thank you Hippopots for starting this thread and all who have contributed, I feel like we are there already! We are back end of June, staying at Stamatis 8)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 26, 2014, 12:40:21 AM »
Thanks Karen!
Today started hot and sunny! It did cloud over a little in the late afternoon, and we've had a couple of little showers this evening, but nothing too much, and it did clear the humidity that we had today.

We started our day as 'customers' today, enjoying a full cooked breakfast with some friends at Condor. They are the closest place that does breakfast to our shop, so we didn't have far to go back to work after filling our tums. The good news is there are other places dotted around the village also doing the full fry-up experience.....2 Stars, Little Prince, Silver Moon, Tsaros and Kamini to name a few, so where ever you're staying theres somewhere close by to satisfy that craving for some bacon and eggs!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 27, 2014, 12:08:25 AM »
Good evening all!

Another beautiful sunny one here in San Stef today  8)

I don't want to say too much about the beach issue, as I know its being discussed on another thread, but would like to mention that I had an afternoon break on the beach today, just by Havana Bar. Lots of people on the sunbeds by Mango, and plenty of people enjoying the sand northwards. Sea was beautiful and warm.

Silver Star having a busy evening with an Elvis singer, and now the evenings are warming up nicely its very pleasant to sit outside. I noticed today that Nikos at Ozzy Oil has now put tables out in their lovely garden for al-fresco dining.     

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 27, 2014, 11:03:59 PM »
Another lovely day today, a little hazy to start, but then sunny and hot 8)

The village is feeling quite lively tonight, lots of people of all ages and nationalities around.
We notice that at the beginning of the season, most guests are from the UK, then gradually other nationalities start to arrive too, and its nice to hear lots of different languages, and essentially everyone enjoying themselves.

Good news ( that you may have seen on the thread about the beach), is that when I took doggy for a walk to the church and back this evening at 9.15pm, there was a JCB and the truck working hard on the beach, then on the walk back I was passed by the truck full to the brim with seaweed, taking it out of the village...pretty sure that wasn't to be his last trip of the evening either!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 27, 2014, 11:16:16 PM »
Excellent new re the sea weed
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2014, 12:00:59 AM »
Today started hot and sunny, became a little cloudy by later this afternoon though.

Have just heard that there may be storms on their way....hopefully not, but if so, there are plenty of bars and tavernas open in the daytime in which to while away a few hours!

As mentioned on the beach thread, work is on going to clear the seaweed....
It has been an unpresedented ammount that has washed up this year, due to the weather, then problems with clearing. Well done and a huge thank you to Noula for helping to get things moving! Unfortunately things don't always run smoothly or as easily in Greece as they do in the UK.....but we're all hoping to see it gone soon!

Offline StevenM

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2014, 03:52:17 PM »
Enjoying your updates ... keep them coming  :)

4 weeks on Monday until we arrive, looks like its been unseasonably cool and wet in May so hoping its more settled when we arrive - I'm sure it will be.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni