Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376281 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2014, 01:25:36 AM »
Dupnica, what a lovely story!
There is a new dog in the village this year....Jack the lab.
He appeared a couple of months ago, and is a lovely, gentle dog.
He wanders the village every day, follows people on their strolls around the village, gets fed by various locals, and at night often sleeps on our dogs bed outside the shop.
Just got back from a nightcap at Aquarius, where he was curled up on their decking.
 Today was another sunny one. 8)
Took a walk over the headland to Arillas today, and met quite a lot of walkers, heading in both directions. The path is pretty narrow in places, but fortunately just about still passable, and makes for a nice walk, and some beautiful views down to both Arillas and San Stef. Hopefully the path will remain passable (even if it has to be moved slightly more inland,) as it is nice for people to be able to walk from one village to the other.   

Gavlah1973

« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2014, 01:23:18 PM »
Bring back Vlad with his two sets of teeth!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 12, 2014, 02:06:08 PM »
Three sets - one in his rear end too to ward off attackers - -
Jaws like a pre-historic monster...
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 12, 2014, 02:48:16 PM »
I thought that was Gavin...

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 12, 2014, 03:01:14 PM »
Oh - aren't we talking about Gavin then...
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 12, 2014, 06:21:25 PM »
 Hi Hippopots,we used to have a Labrador so I know what a lovely temperament they have.We never encouraged Manthos' dog by feeding him I've seen what happens to some dogs in the Winter in Corfu when they eat poisoned food whether by accident or design.
 Glad you enjoyed your walk,I will be avoiding the cliff path as it has become so narrow over the years and I am afraid of heights.We now take another route after having our Fanta at Gravia.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2014, 01:05:17 AM »
A sunny, though slightly hazy day today, but still beautifully warm.

With the opening of Acabar today, I think just about everywhere is now up and running for the 2014 season.
Tour operator changeover day again today, so the departure of some guests, and the arrival of new guests keep the coaches busy.
Quite a lot of people walking around during the day, but still quiet evenings, but I'm sure with more people arriving each week, the bars will all soon be pretty busy.
There are still lots of lovely wildflowers in bloom, and the olive trees are also flowering, leaving a thin coating of yellow pollen dust over things. By the looks of the trees, it could very wel be a bumper crop later in the year!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2014, 12:12:32 AM »
A slightly overcast day, with a literally 1 minute shower thrown in this afternoon.....not enough to make people run for cover though!
Lots of people waking around today, and we met Swedebasher and Mrs Swedebasher today for the first time, which was very nice.

After yesterdays transfers, there are lots of familiar faces re-appearing....so nice to catch up with peope we met last year.
Many people were heading around the village today to greet the locals they know from all their previous visits.
Thats one of the things that makes this place special......

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2014, 02:11:05 AM »
Thanks for that. Keep the reports coming. And make some frogs!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2014, 12:23:28 AM »

My clever grandson has managed to post some photos of Afiones taken a few years ago.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2014, 12:32:19 AM »
 Hi Hilary any news on whether Noula is contemplating doing a trip to Afiones?

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2014, 12:38:32 AM »
Hi All, tonights report comes from a very windy San Stef!
The day started overcast, then brightened up, then the wind picked up, with a couple of heavy showers this evening, and now is hopefully blowing itself out, to, (fingers crossed) give us a nice day tomorrow!

Still, the slightly cooler weather is being enjoyed by plenty of walkers, some heading over the cliff to Arillas, others I spotted this afternoon heading back from Avliotes.

Unfortunately tonight is very blustery, so it's a quiet village we've just walked through this evening.

Lovely photos Dupnica, and Jimbo, lots of frogs available!     

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2014, 01:16:39 AM »
Well, another windy day here today. Started off wet, but by the afternoon the sun was shinging down on us again, all be it with the wind still blowing!
Plenty of people wandering around this afternoon, and enjoying a drink in some of the bars.

As my parents have been here for a week, we've had the opportunity to go out a little. This evening we ate at Beachcombers for the first time, and have to say it was absolutely delicious. Lovely fresh, home cooked food, and no problem catering for my caeliac Mum. In fact, every taverna she's been to this week ( Mediterranean Village, Little Prince, 2 Stars, Night Owl in Afionas, and Beachcombers) have all had no problems providing her with a choice of suitable dishes.
 Due to the weather we sat inside, which was very pleasant, but I can imagine how lovely it would be to sit outside on a warm evening, either there, or in any of the other tavernas on the beach. 

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2014, 11:25:56 PM »
Sunny day today, but still a little cooler than is expected at this time of the year. We have been reliably informed that summer starts on Monday!
My parents left today after a lovely week at Little Prince, where they were well looked after.
Shane at the juice bar made some lovely rolls and a salad for them for the journey, so they won't go hungry on the way home!

A few showers this evening has meant it has been a ittle quiet again in the bars tonight....hopefully the nice balmy evenings will be upon us very soon!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2014, 11:26:21 PM »
Slightly overcast start to the day, but turned into sunshine later.
There were some brooding black clouds over the hills towards Corfu town, but stayed nice and dry here.

Great to see some familiar faces today after yesterdays flights....welcome back all!

The grill room near Bar 38, which was called 'delicious' last year, has just re-opened, with the owner of the building, Sophia, at the helm. So now back to three grills again, with Yiannis Gyros, and Tasty Corner at either end of the road to Avliotes, and this one in between.
And good to see things a little busier this evening....quite a few people watching the FA cup final, and non football fans enjoying dinner.
And tonight is Keith Mitchell's first stint of the season in Athens Bar, pretty sure he'll be there reguarly through the summer.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni