Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376268 times)

Offline richnsare

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »
Re. Perros Curries:

Well, we can certainly recommend Stefanos' curries, he does a mean Lamb Madras or Vindaloo. If you like it hot, just ask him for extra fresh chilies, they have a few chili plants around the pool and he'll happily harvest a few for you. Also, go for the pita bread option, it's almost like naan bread!!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2014, 11:01:31 PM »
An overcast, and (almost) chilly day today, hopefully it won't last too long though!

Wasn't down in the village today, but did hear a rumour last night that there may be a new tenant in the old Chinese this year.
I don't know how definate this is, as it was a bit 'I heard it through the Grapevine', but someone has painted the outside paintwork, changing it from red to white.
Watch this space all, I'll keep you posted.

Also, I'm very interested to hear the great reviews of the curries at Perros.....now I know where to go to get my curry fix this summer! 

Offline rae21

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2014, 11:43:36 PM »
Loving the updates hippopots keep them coming looking forward to saying hello I  the summer :)

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2014, 12:28:19 AM »
Yep,this curry thing is realy pulling my strings...im a real indian foodie,and here in Belgium you dont find a curry house,so when im back in the Uk a curry is usually high on the list.hope its blowing down wind from Jasmine while we are there otherwise wont get my greek fix.

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2014, 02:44:29 AM »
Loving this daily blog!!!..and people will start going very soon..it is now the start of our journey back to paradise in Sept after 3 yrs away..starting to get very real!! ;D ;D ;D
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2014, 09:51:11 PM »
Well, today started a little cloudy, turned into rain, then by 4pm we had lovely sunshine once again!

Bits of cleaning going on today.
There was some pressure washing happening at Yiannis Grill Room, and a hosing down of the patio at Silver Star.

And there was also some work going on at Waves Taverna, where they were re-doing the roof of the beachside outside seating area.

Other than that all was quite quiet....I think everyone is getting ready for the Easter festivities!   

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2014, 10:15:53 PM »
Another overcast day today, must be because it's bank holiday time!

All quite quiet in the village today, although there was some painting of doors and windows going on at Silver Moon.

There are a few visitors travelling around, I think they're probably visiting for Easter. We met a very nice Italian couple on the beach this afternoon, walking their dogs, who had come over for the festivities.

The famous 'pot smashing' happens in Corfu Town tomorrow....take a look on Google, it's a huge event!
We're not going , but will be going to the Midnight service in Afionas, which is candlelit, followed by fireworks & dynamite (!) at Midnight. We went last year, and it was a great experience.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2014, 09:49:23 PM »
All fairly quiet in San Stef today, on this Easter weekend.

San Stefanos supermarket was open, and busy stocking up their shelves with new product lines for the summer. They have, as Lesley has mentioned, been open all winter, which has been very handy. They are closed for the next 2 days, and very much looking forward to it.

Planting was also taking place in new flower borders at Paralia apartments.

Saw some preparations taking place for tomorrow....the charcoal grill was being brought out from the rear of Athens bar, and the lamb on the spit was being prepped next to Town Pizza (apologies to any vegetarians), but I reckon there will be a gorgeous aroma of lamb slowly cooking tomorrow!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2014, 08:31:29 PM »
Easter Sunday in San Stefanos, and all was quiet, no work happening today, and quite right too!

Lamb was roasting on the spit by Town Pizza, and smelt delicious. On our drive down from Arillas, there was a lovely aroma filling the air....Happy Easter everyone. 

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2014, 10:05:27 PM »
Thanks for the updates Hippopots, and a happy Easter to you and to everyone on the forum!

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2014, 11:09:28 PM »
Thanks for the updates Hippopots, and a happy Easter to you and to everyone on the forum!
yes I agree it is great to have an informative link , a very happy Easter to all

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2014, 12:15:14 PM »
Love the daily blog Hippopots keep it coming

Weather has been very mixed in Corfu this week hope it will be better when we visit next month.

Andy

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2014, 09:14:10 PM »
A little breezy today, but gorgeous sunshine too, and an increase in temperature  8)

People still celebrating Easter, so all is quiet, apart from the random dynamite that's echoing around the hills. I'm not sure of the significance of this, and how it relates to Easter...I expect Lesley may know?

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2014, 01:12:25 PM »
Loving these daily updates! Must pack my tennis racket lol  :P

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2014, 07:58:53 PM »
Having asked around 3 Kafeneions in the village re the dynamite I am told it is from old customs prior to the fireworks which most do now...hence they keep the old customs and explode this stuff ....wow my house shock numerous occasions specially yesterday Tuesday for the village of Avliotes Litania Parade.......????? ??? ;) 8)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni