Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376243 times)

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2014, 11:26:59 PM »
It was suggested a couple of years ago that we wore wristbands. I made several friendship bracelets in shades of green ( for some reason it was the suggested colour.) I think I left them at Glenn's but can't remember! I have always thought that it would be good to recognise forum members.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2014, 01:08:46 AM »
Perhaps baseball caps forum written on the back
I don't think so!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2014, 01:19:00 AM »
The wristbands didn't quite work because most of us forgot to wear them. Nothing to do with drinking, of course.

How about some sticky labels? I could get some printed quite cheaply. The sort you just slap onto your shirt/blouse/jacket/tits?

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2014, 04:07:47 PM »
Just caught up on this thread and am saddened by the news that Yiannis will not be there this year!!

He was amazing with Nate my little boy last August and as a family we went there every evening after our post dinner stroll for coffee's and icecream and Nate used to go and stand with Yiannis behind the counter and generally try to wreck his shop and he never once looked annoyed and was quite taken with him.

On our last night he stood in the street and waved to Nate all the way down until we turned the corner by the bakery - will really miss them this year!!

On the positive side, I will let Nate loose in Hippopots more often this year.... :)

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2014, 07:04:52 PM »
The wristbands didn't quite work because most of us forgot to wear them. Nothing to do with drinking, of course.

How about some sticky labels? I could get some printed quite cheaply. The sort you just slap onto your shirt/blouse/jacket/tits?
Good thinking Jimbo I had the same idea,either sticky labels or a little badge with S.S.F. on it.If we have the labels can they be small
 and tasteful please,we ladies won't want to go about with a stonking great label on our chests.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2014, 10:11:12 PM »
Another sunny day today  8)

It's funny how when we get into April the weather suddenly starts to heat up. Although its been a very nice winter, with regular sunshine since mid February, its still been jeans and fleece temperatures. Then, this week its suddenly time for T shirts and cropped trousers!
And with the milder evenings come the sound of the crickets, and the spectacle of the fireflies randomly lighting up the garden. I'd never seen fireflies until I came here on holiday in May 2011, and I find them mesmerising.

Some of the hotels are in cleaning mode, opening up patio doors to give the rooms an airing, including Athina hotel and Nafsika.

This month is going by pretty fast, and I think alot of people are getting to work in earnest, so we can then all enjoy Easter festivities without worrying about having too much left to do after.

Offline Andrew

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2014, 10:26:43 PM »
Thanks for the posts Hippopots nice to hear whats going on looking forward to our visit in September. :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2014, 12:22:42 AM »
tasteful please

What else????? I'm on the case!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2014, 10:03:20 PM »
Well, think I spoke to soon about the temperature...today has been a little hazy, with a bit of a breeze, bringing the temperature down to 15 degrees this afternoon, according to the digital temperature guage situated at San Stefanos car hire. But still some sunshine, so mustn't grumble  ;D

But still plenty of work being done, more painting for us, stocking of shelves at Eleni supermarket, and tables and chairs stacked up tidily at Little Prince, all ready for the waiters to dance with this summer!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2014, 01:49:08 AM »
I wore my wristband for two weeks!!! Not telling you where Sellsy had his!

Offline RedroseMax

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2014, 08:55:17 PM »
Just caught up on this thread and am saddened by the news that Yiannis will not be there this year!!

He was amazing with Nate my little boy last August and as a family we went there every evening after our post dinner stroll for coffee's and icecream and Nate used to go and stand with Yiannis behind the counter and generally try to wreck his shop and he never once looked annoyed and was quite taken with him.

On our last night he stood in the street and waved to Nate all the way down until we turned the corner by the bakery - will really miss them this year!!

On the positive side, I will let Nate loose in Hippopots more often this year.... :)

Just told our two,they have asked us to Cancel the Holiday  ;)
Shame,we used to let the kids eat while we let our evening meal settle

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2014, 02:08:22 AM »
Well, after a very windy night last night, we had a very windy day! Myself and the dog got sandblasted on the beach this morning! With the wind coming straight off the sea, the waves were rolling in, resulting in a high tide.

Today saw more painting, with 'touching up' being done at Mediterranean Village, and sanding down being done at Thomas Bay.
I was chatting to an early tourist in Arillas this afternoon who commented on how everyone local they've met seem to be wearing paint splattered clothes....it's definately that time of year. The local hardware shops must be doing a roaring trade at the moment!

I wish Yiannis and Maria knew how people have commented on missing Grande Gelato this year....we'd loved to have had them as our neighbours again, but sadly its not to be. 

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2014, 02:23:29 PM »
Do you know why they have decided not to open this year?

It was so popular last year??

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2014, 02:28:05 PM »
I'm really enjoying these updates, thanks.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2014, 09:39:30 PM »
Just a light shower this morning, followed by a breezy but sunny day. Fortunately not quite as windy as yesterday.

Silverstar, Grande Gelato decided not to return this year as, unfortunately, they were just not busy enough for what they required.

A walk around the 'older' part of San Stef revealed that the old Sundowners bar has had the front patio re-tiled, and is now painted a nice, clean white, instead of the dark terracotta it previously was. It is really nice to see quite a few buildings having a re-paint, and looking nice and smart....must do ours too, to keep up!!  ;)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni