Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1385748 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #915 on: June 01, 2015, 10:47:17 PM »
Welcome to the forum petejo, hopefully you'll find lots of info in all the threads.

Gavlah, looking forward to seeing your little whirlwind again!

Another nice sunny day for most of today, although it did go a little overcast this evening, and really quite humid....the doggy is pacing the floor, so possibly a thunderstorm on it's way??

Lots of people arriving today, the village really feels in 'summer mode' now especially as the watersports have started on the beach too. So if you fancy a boat, or any watersports, pop down and see what they offer.

We popped down to the older part of the village after work last night for a drink, we were surprised how many were around, a very popular area for visitors and locals after they finish work.   

Offline gorseinongirl

• View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 03, 2015, 01:39:07 AM »
Well hellooo everyone - love this forum and love san stef!!

will be coming out towards the end of June - hopefully my fav sunbeds on the beach in front of the Vicky  apartments will be waiting for me??

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 03, 2015, 11:48:13 PM »
Hi and welcome Gorseinongirl, hope you find all the forum helpful.

Yes, sunbeds are out on the beach, outside Waves, and Athina, and I'm pretty sure also outside Mango and Havana.

Well, last night saw a little bit of rain, but nothing much, after a few late afternoon rumbles of thunder, and some lightening after dark.
This cleared the air, resulting in a very sunny, hot day today. A little bit of breeze on the beach kept it a little cooler there, but in the village it was pretty hot  8)

The downside is that the mozzies are out in force, so don't forget the repellent.....I forgot to put mine on earlier, and got bitten, including on my finger!!! :-[ 

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 05, 2015, 12:09:26 AM »
A slightly cloudy start to the day soon cleared, to give us lots of sunshine until about 6pm, when the clouds re-appeared for a while. Afew drops of rain came, bt it was only a light shower, then all cleared up again, and we had a bit of late sunshine to finish off the day.

Quite lively out tonight, with a choice of music in a couple of the bars, with a singer in Athens Bar, Blues brothers tribute in Condor, and regular Thursday night live music in 3 W's.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 07, 2015, 01:08:16 AM »
Missed a posting last night, but with good excuse, as we were enjoying ourselves at a wedding at Delfino Blu.

The ceremony on the beach was lovely, such a romantic backdrop with the waves lapping at the shore, and the sun setting behind the Diapontia Islands casting a beautiful golden glow over the occasion.

And it was hot!

Today was a little overcast, but was still lovely, with just a few drops of rain early evening clearing away to give us yet another lovely sunset.

All tavernas were doing well tonight, Little Prince looked totally full, with others, including Mediterannean Village, and Zorbas doing a good trade...plenty of people enjoying some Greek hospitality! 

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 07, 2015, 11:33:25 PM »
Well, aparently there was a big storm at about 2am this morning......and we slept right through it!
We live about 5 miles inland so perhaps it wasn't so loud there, but lots of our customers today said it was a cracking Corfiot electrical storm!

And although quite sunny for most of today, it was still humid, and we did get  little clouding over this afternoon. However, once again this cleared, giving us a nice warm evening, and another spectacular sunset.

Quite a lot of people dining in the beach front tavernas tonight, enjoying the view. I love the way the sea turns an amazing aqua colour as the sun sets, so beautiful.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 08, 2015, 11:25:59 AM »
Sounds like it's pretty busy already! 4 weeks to go for us  :)

Gavlah1973

« Reply #922 on: June 08, 2015, 12:53:10 PM »
Great updates!!! Keep em coming, we all appreciate them. 16 days to go!!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 09, 2015, 12:28:20 AM »
Just a few wispy clouds this morning, but still a lovely hot day  8)
There was a couple of rumbles of thunder this afternoon, but it didn't materialise into anything more than that.

Whilst walking Bod this evening I spotted a new ATM that has appeared, at Tasty Corner, next to El Greco.....haven't checked if its been filled yet, but its supplied by a different bank to the other 2, so gives an alternative source of cash.

Many places busy early evening for drinks, including Silver Star, which is doing well with its new owners, Spiros and Irini.

We also had a power cut this evening....I was just coming back with our gyros from Yiannis, when the power blipped about 3 times, then went off completely. A few anxious faces, with worries about not being able to cook, and freezers being off, but luckily it didn't last too long, and all went back to normal quickly!

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 09, 2015, 01:22:56 AM »
Thanks Jackie for the updates only 4 weeks now for us

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 09, 2015, 01:30:10 AM »
6 weeks on friday...great updates,realy enjoy

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 10, 2015, 11:08:09 PM »
Thanks for the updates again Jackie. Still 12 weeks for us so it is great to hear what is going on
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 10, 2015, 11:55:35 PM »
Good evening everyone, another lovely day again today  8)

A few rumbles of thunder last night, followed by a 1 minute torrential downpour saw people diving for cover, but it didn't last long, and cleared the air for another gorgeous day.

This time of year nearly everyone is a regular visitor, but we have spoken to a couple of 'newbies' this week, who have been really enjoying their stay, with one lady telling me she's never seen such gorgeous sunsets, with the way the sea changes colour as the sun goes down.

No live music tonight, just people enjoying a nice drink in the various bars.

Offline DougR

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 11, 2015, 07:31:07 PM »
 Hi Jackie
 6 weeks today so the final countdown is underway. Looking forward to seeing all of our friends. Keep up the good work on the forum

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 11, 2015, 10:29:17 PM »
We arrive Sunday , I can feel the pottery painting session brewing already! This time with an ice cream parlour adjacent it might have to be a full tea set!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni