Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1386714 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #885 on: May 25, 2015, 05:44:27 PM »
Yesterday was aother lovely sunny day, just a few clouds in the sky.

Ozzy Oil's Nikos had been spotted in the village, along with daughter Chloe, and last night they had their opening night for the 2015 season, with quite a few diners there, eager to enjoy their food.

Now that they are open, as well as Fantasea and Summer Dreams, just about every business is now open, although our neighbours, who will be selling ice creams, coffees etc are still not quite ready, and also the new place by the beach Chilly Chilli are still getting ready.

Speaking of chilly, it was last night, so much so, that Glenn even put the heating on in Aquarius Bar! But hopefully thats just a little blip.   

Offline Bont Boyo

• View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 26, 2015, 05:11:20 PM »
Hi, we are staying at the Vicky next month and were wondering what the new bar Chilly Chilli was like. Also what is Beer o'Clock like. Nice to hear that new bars are opening 8) 8)

Gavlah1973

« Reply #887 on: May 26, 2015, 07:05:00 PM »
Beer o clock looks great. Also has a decent menu. One unique point is that have Corfu beer available in 3L 'yard of ale' type things!

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 26, 2015, 08:32:27 PM »
 Wont have room for my grub if i drink one of those

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 26, 2015, 11:27:24 PM »
Food at Beer O'clock looks great on photos seen on Facebook. Chilli Chilly not open yet
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 27, 2015, 01:36:19 AM »
Nite owl over in Afionas is looking to be top of my new Restaurant to visit.hired a quad for a week so transport no problem

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 27, 2015, 06:42:39 PM »
Night Owl gets good reviews
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 27, 2015, 08:16:20 PM »
Yes it's well worth a visit, or even two visits.

Offline Bont Boyo

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 27, 2015, 09:30:46 PM »
Hi all, has anyone done the boat trip over to Ericussa?? We like a boat trip and as it goes from San Stef harbour thats even better. Just wondering whats over there?? As long as theres a cold beer thats all I need to know ! 8)

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 27, 2015, 11:11:09 PM »
No shortage of cool beers.go and enjoy

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 28, 2015, 11:42:09 AM »
Also a great series of views of the cliffs all the way to Sidari.

Offline jillm

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 28, 2015, 01:15:19 PM »
Hi All
I am just new to this forum and haven't really used forums before so please excuse me.  My husband and I are travelling tomorrow to San Stefanos for 1 week and staying at the Rose Garden Studios.  We have never been to Corfu before and wondered if you could give us any helpful tips on where to eat, things to do etc.  My husband is 55 and I am 49.  We both love the sun, eating out and just generally relaxing.  Any tips would be appreciated.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 28, 2015, 02:44:20 PM »
Hi Jillm.and welcome..So where you are staying is a comfortable 15 min stroll into the village.there are just 2 roads realy so you wont get lost.regards eating its what takes your fancy..there are no bad ones,its all down to personal taste..some people like the little prince and 2 star which are opposite each other and create a good atmosphere with some greek dancing every night.If you head to the older part of the village you find the restaurants a bit calmer.Nafsica Hotel,Manthos,Fantasea which is the last one before heading to the harbour which gives fantastic views.Then you have 2 down on thr beach both very nice.you can use any pool for free in the resort,all they ask is you buy a drink or two and maybe a snack.The beach is 1 klm long,very safe and shallow and no jelly fish  lol..sunbeds to rent last year were 7.50 euro for 2 beds and brolly..Just relax and enjoy,im sure you will be hooked just like the rest of us...

Offline jillm

• View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 28, 2015, 03:05:08 PM »
Thank you rilo57.  We just can't wait now to get on that flight.  We  have been to Rhodes and Crete quite a few times but this is our first to Corfu. We enjoy the greek cuisine and as for buying a drink or 2 I don't think hubby will have a problem with that as we always enjoy a freezing cold mythos!!! 

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 28, 2015, 03:20:39 PM »
Well there are 4 good supermarkets to purchase refreshments,also will deliver for free if required..If your thinking of trips would recomend san stef travel,better deals than through your tour opperator..its situated on the little road to thr beach on the right .This is next to the only cash machine in the village,unless thomas bay hotel has one operating.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni