Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376077 times)

Offline crsfaz

• SanStef Regular
  • Love San Stef
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #810 on: April 29, 2015, 11:23:18 PM »

great updates as always Jackie,  just thought I'd throw my hat in the ring with my: Can't wait to be there! roll on June 29th! my brother and family along with my mother and father have only gone and booked to go BEFORE myself this year! I only introduced them to the sanctuary of San stef last year and now ill be here working whilst being subjected to there holiday pics, gutted. on the plus side of course by the time there tans have all but faded. I'LL be on my way! :) see u all soon...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:25:09 PM by crsfaz »
Crs 😊🍻

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 30, 2015, 10:34:45 AM »
Oooops, just realised I forgot to do a post last night......twas a long day, but we're now ready to open tomorrow, so we feel a little smug! ;D
Tables and chairs are all in place at Olympia and Nafsika too, and preparations going on at Beachcombers and Fantasea.

The first of the Thomson and Thomas Cook guests arrive tomorrow, and we're all looking forward to seeing regulars, and newbies, hope everyone has a fab 2015!

We're having our last day off today, so a little trip to Corfu Town is on the cards, to pick up a few things, and enjoy our last opportunity to go out together til October.  ;)

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 30, 2015, 11:21:21 AM »
Hope you have a successful season Jackie see you 6th July  8)

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 30, 2015, 12:50:05 PM »
The weather forecast models look fantastic for the next 10 days so those early raiders are in for a real treat.

Offline cassells

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 30, 2015, 01:32:49 PM »
I live reading your updates everyday. Roll on 23rd July xx

Offline Broonie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 30, 2015, 02:10:40 PM »
Great updates , they feel quite real as good as webcam ,only 5 weeks until we fly out ,looking forward to meeting all our friends again ,what's the news on the beach this year ,is kostas around again ?,last year he was in a right state I think it was late June or he got his beds out ,anyway counting the sleeps.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 01, 2015, 12:07:33 PM »
I suspect that the"elephant " is about to appear in the room. Today the Greek government are struggling to pay pensions. This, I believe,is just the start of a whole series of issues, some of which are going to impact on all of us who are expecting to holiday in Greece. It seems that something must "give" in the next few days.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 01, 2015, 05:35:52 PM »
Lots of negotiations this weekend. A deal may be imminent. The Greek government has backtracked on many issues, at last.

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 01, 2015, 05:56:19 PM »
They're naturally gifted negotiators!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 01, 2015, 10:39:39 PM »
And we're off!!!

Kalo Mina, 1st May is here, and the first of the tour operator flights arrive today, meaning the coaches start rolling into town!

First visitors started arriving by early/mid afternoon, and there will be a few more tonight, as the last flight in is 10.45pm.

Aspa is open for provisions, as well as San Stefanos supermarket, with the others looking like they will be open soon.

Vasia, like ourselves, opened the doors today.

Not all bars and tavernas are open yet, as its still early days, but from tonight, Romanza, Yiannis Gyros, Mediterranean Village, Tasty Corner, Thomas Bay, Barras, Town Pizza, 2 Stars, and Nafsika are all up and running. Not been up the hill to Kapetanios and Tereza, but if they're not open tonight, I'm sure they will be very soon.

And for drinks, as well as in the tavernas and hotels, 3 W's and El Greco are open.

The Juice Bar opened today, with an ice cream freezer and a nice shiny coffee machine, and were doing a good trade this afternoon. 

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 02, 2015, 04:21:08 PM »
Great to hear so many are already open . Who is running the Juice Bar please?  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Westward

• SanStef Regular
  • Need a holiday
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 02, 2015, 10:45:34 PM »
Nom nom. Ice cream freezer.  I'm coming.
Live
Life
Love

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 03, 2015, 09:50:48 AM »
Morning all, sorry for lack of update last night, but the computer had a paddy, and froze! Now its had a rest, it's happy again! :)

Jules, I think your question has been answered elsewhere, but for others, the Juice Bar is now being run by Maria, who worked at Ozzy Oil.

T'was slightly overcast for most of yesterday, clearing by late afternoon, so new arrivals did get to see a little sun! 

Yesterday Dimitra and Manos car hire, and Olga's travel office were open, as well as Perdita's glass, and also the wood shop.
And the evening saw the opening of Beachcombers, who were quite busy on their first night.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 03, 2015, 10:57:32 PM »
Lovely warm and sunny day today, all the clouds are gone  ;D

All the supermarkets are now open, so wherever you stay, there's always going to be one pretty close by.

This evening both Mediterranean Village and 2 Stars were quite busy, and there were a few enjoying drinks in El Greco.

Silver Moon/Stamatis was a hive of activity this afternoon, so think their first guests may be arriving tomorrow.

More coaches due tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see who has opened up by tomorrow evening.

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 04, 2015, 02:43:07 AM »
Jackie your daily updates makes me feel like Im there already as I picture everything going on!!Thanks xx 8) 8)
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni