Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376144 times)

Offline Jacobandjon

• View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #780 on: April 11, 2015, 03:17:42 PM »
And summer is here, just in time for Easter!  8)

Yesterday was sunny, but there was still a mistrael wind, so if you weren't somewhere sheltered it was still quite cool.
However, today is glorious....no clouds, no wind, a calm, beautiful turquoise sea. Perfect!

Hey, thanks for the update. Been to San Stef a couple of times now, coming back for the hat trick in Sept. Previously been with the kids but this year will be the first time with just the wife and me. Cant wait  ;D

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 13, 2015, 09:17:08 PM »
Easter - Here in Avliotes, Agios Stefanos the Easter will finish as always with the celebrations in the village of Avliotes on Tuesday with the Litania Parade so tomorrow as in this Tuesday 14th April normally around 11.00am ish the village will be open, coffee shops, and the tavernas so if you are here on your holidays don't forget to pop by and see the local customs and parade ......

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 14, 2015, 11:07:50 PM »
Fire flies are flashing, and frogs are croaking.....summer's here folks!

Beautiful blue skies for the whole of Easter too, what more could we ask for!

We're moving down from Afionas to San Stef on Thursday, to get ready for the season. It's going to be a busy couple of days for us, after which daily reports will commence.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 15, 2015, 01:24:33 AM »
Excellent, Jackie. We're all looking forward to it.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 15, 2015, 11:12:36 AM »
Thanks Jackie, first port off call on here,is your village updates. :)
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 15, 2015, 07:31:25 PM »
  Yes we realy enjoy hearing about the day to day goings on in the village.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 15, 2015, 10:28:26 PM »
Looking forward to them Jackie :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 18, 2015, 07:32:00 PM »
Well we have moved down for the summer, but unfortunately our internet antenna has been damaged over the winter so we are waiting for it to be fixed, which means reports will not be daily just yet :(
However, lots going on, so here goes!
I am currently having a drink in 3Ws, with the lovely Margarita using her WiFi. The bar has  been re painted outside and looks fab!
Other places getting a coat of paint are Thomas Bay,  and Athens bar, and also the Juice bar is getting spruced up.
The hotel next to Delfino Blue is all systems go with about 15 guys all working on it, and Havana Bar is also getting ready.
Walking along the beach today, we noted that Manthos,s boat has gone having been badly damaged during the winter storms.
There is work going on at Silver star, would be lovely if it were to open this year, as we all thought it wouldn't be.
Tasty corner opens tonight, to keep us all in gyros and souvlaki whilst we work!
Gary and Billy from San Stefanos boat hire are hard at work getting all the boats ready for the season.
So its all systems go here....more reports to follow, depending on internet connectivity!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 19, 2015, 11:51:56 AM »
Thanks Jackie. Hopefully good news then re Silver Star  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Nellie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 19, 2015, 12:01:53 PM »
Hi
Thanks Jackie for the updates - I love to hear whats going on in the village and we are counting down the days until our holiday.  We will be popping in to paint a pot again, and say hello to you both and Bod.  I cant quite believe its the start of the season again!!
look forwards to hearing whats going on out and about xx

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 19, 2015, 09:53:35 PM »
Thanks once more Jackie, see you 7 weeks tomorrow  :)
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 20, 2015, 09:44:33 PM »
Yay, internet is back on....having been switched off at the shop for 6 months it appeared it required an update to work.

Well, its been a very windy one today, that mistrael wind is blowing in off the sea, but thats not stopped work in the village.

A trimming of palm trees was taking place over the weekend, outside Sparkles and Aspa, so that all looks nice and neat now.
Silver Moon is being prepped, and paintbrushes were out in Zorbas this morning, and also at the Eleni's supermarket opposite Thomas Bay yesterday.
We also saw Michelle from Elizabeth's this morning....having arrived this weekend, she's already getting stuck into sorting out stock.
And our frontage has just had a major pressure washing courtesy of our landlord, He's been building upstairs over the winter, so very kindly comes and gives us a good clean up before the season gets under way!

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 21, 2015, 01:56:40 PM »
Sadly we won't be coming to San Stefanos this year, but continue to watch the forum and webcam with fond memories.  You mentioned the hotel next to Delfino Blu - do you know what its going to be called or if its an extension of DB?  When we stayed there 2 years ago, we understood it was a separate hotel.  I understand the DB are building a spa of some kind too?  I know Kostas divides opinion on this forum, but it would be nice to know what he's up to!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 21, 2015, 08:02:28 PM »
Hi Woodman, sorry we won't be seeing you here this year  :(

As for the hotel next to Delfino, I don't know for definate if it is separate or not......I've heard that it possibly is, but I don't know for sure. If a name goes up, I'll let you know.

Well, another sunny day, but still very windy.
Whilst getting sandblasted walking along the beach this morning, we noticed that the little building next to Vickys, that overlooks the beach is being worked on. Lesley tells me it has been left alone for years, but is commercial use, so we'll keep our eyes peeled on that one, to see whats going on!
Paralia apts has made a lovely stone entrance, which matches in nicely with Delfino's next door, and paintwork is being prepped at Sunset.
And Spiro and Aris were next door today, cleaning and maintaining quads and scooters, and putting their signage back up ready for Summer.  8)   

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 22, 2015, 08:53:38 PM »
Another gloriously sunny day, and fortunately the wind has died down to just a slight breeze, so much better!

Preparations for the season are forging ahead......2 Stars and Vasia have put their signs back out, after taking them in for protection from the Winter weather, and stock is being unpacked and put on shelves in Vasia and Elizabeths,

And today was the turn of the Athens Bar palm trees to be cut back, the chainsaw is still running as I type! 

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni