Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1383838 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #720 on: March 13, 2015, 06:39:08 PM »
A lovely sunny, slightly breezy day today, so we headed to the village, to the shop and beach. The sea had that beautiful pale turquoise hue, with the deeper blue further out, giving it a two tone effect.
The sun brought plenty of us out, using the opportunity to do some work. Athina Hotel, and Athens Apartments had all their windows flung open, to give the premises a nice airing, and there was painting and fence staining happening at Margaritas apartments.
'Elizabeths' shop will be extending into next door to its premises, into what was an empty shop last year, and things are coming along nicely there.
And we're getting our paint tomorrow, and if the weathers good, will be starting our own decorating.......everyone is making a start, and we don't want to get left behind!!   

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 13, 2015, 08:01:27 PM »
 Lovely to hear about the people being more visible after the quiet of winter, and the village being aired and painted. It makes the holidays and being back where we feel most relaxed  just that bit closer  :)

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 13, 2015, 08:54:24 PM »
Thanks for the updates Jackie, much appreciated. Next time you're feeling energetic can you pop up the clay path to the Romanza?!   ;D I believe a new upstairs bar and first floor sun deck is near completion , could do with your expert eye for a progress report on aesthetics etc . Hope your painting goes well!

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 14, 2015, 02:46:39 AM »
Thanks Jackie makes things seem more real interested to know how things are coming on at the old Olive Press Restaurant and what it's going to be

Offline Nellie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 14, 2015, 11:38:44 PM »
I love hearing Jackies updates - Thank you!! and love picturing Bod having a good run on the beach.  Cant wait to be back - quite a long wait as we arent over until August but the updates and pictures on fb will keep me going  :)

Gavlah1973

« Reply #725 on: March 14, 2015, 11:59:48 PM »
I've seen pics on FB Kev. Looks good. Would be a great spot to do a running jump into the pool after 3 carafes of wine at BBQ night

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 15, 2015, 06:20:03 PM »
Well, as planned, a sunny weekend saw us decorating the shop, and enjoying some nice walks along the beach, much to Bod's delight.
There was even someone sat on the beach today, enjoying the sunshine with a book.

Work is progressing at various places around the village, with some gardening at Athens Bar, work on the changed frontage to Olympia, and the building between Tasty Corner and Yiannis taverna going up fast!

Also decorating going on in the old Olive Press, which this year will have a name change to Beer o' Clock, and will be a bar, and Grill. The new owner ( Spiro, owner of Efi's Apartments )  is planning to bring in a large choice of beers to choose from...hence the name, and will be doing grill room food alongside, with seating both inside and out.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 16, 2015, 11:17:47 AM »
Enjoying the updates, thank you. Beer Oclock sounds good! Will be nice to have another bar at that end of town

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 16, 2015, 06:49:45 PM »
Not a beer drinker myself but don't see the point of a large selection when most people seem to drink Mythos or the local brewery beer.But I hope they do well nevertheless.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 17, 2015, 02:46:24 AM »
Can't say the name attracts me much. In fact, it repels me rather a lot.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 17, 2015, 01:16:50 PM »
Poor name indeed, and it is a fact that a lot of decent beers do not travel very well (Lager is not a decent beer!!). I well remember an awful John Smith bitter in Rhodes- flat and tasteless. I will stick with Corfu beers thank you.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 17, 2015, 02:52:25 PM »
Not the best of names, but a "decent beer" is one which you like the taste of. This is not necessarily what someone says that you should like. Beer, like food, is subjective. Enjoy what you actually like.

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 17, 2015, 07:22:47 PM »
Yes it's a crap name.

I like the idea though of someone providing some more interesting beers, above and beyond the Mythos, Amstel, etc. stuff. Where they'll get those from, and how they'll travel, I've no idea.

I tend to make a bee line for the Corfu beers, but still feel they're just a touch short of the mark, and they ought to brew a really hoppy style beer, perhaps that's coming. "Craft" beer, and pubs serving craft beer and gourmet burgers etc., is certainly a booming market in the UK, and "craft" beers have been added to the basket of goods used to measure the UK's inflation rate. So good luck to Beer o'clock, despite the awful name.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:55:45 PM by cambridge »

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 17, 2015, 08:11:11 PM »
Definitely don't like the name, hope the beer's better!

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 17, 2015, 08:20:52 PM »
Well i totaly agree the name is rubbish..And living in the country of beer i doubt it will come close to providing anything special..But must say i enjoy a long cool Mythos served in a frosted glass..

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni