Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1385725 times)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #585 on: October 06, 2014, 11:45:29 PM »
And I'll keep the weather reports for Wiltshire coming J

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 07, 2014, 12:03:25 PM »
Oh yes please keep the reports coming Hippopots to help us get through the miserable winter here!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 07, 2014, 04:24:54 PM »
Weather forecast for Wiltshire Wednesday October 8th:

Rain. 55oF.

Forecast for San Stef:

Sunny. 75oF.

So there!

Oh look, the sky's going blue.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 07, 2014, 07:40:24 PM »
Hope nobody visited Corfu Town today, Facebook shows it flooded, shops and tavernas.
Sunny and dry here in Wiltshire, just going to have a BBQ

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 07, 2014, 08:03:31 PM »
Sunny and dry in San Stef as well, I'm delighted to say.

Online Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 07, 2014, 08:10:45 PM »
 Be careful you don't set fire to your woolly scarf and gloves Waspie!!

Our friends who were due to fly home yesterday lunchtime and were eventually bussed to a hotel for the night were due to fly home at 4pm today,,

hope they did. All you want to do at the end of the holiday is to get home as quickly as possible not hang about Corfu airport for days.

Offline Nellie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 07, 2014, 11:51:13 PM »
Please keep the updates comin from SS - I Love hearing whats going on and am looking forwards to coming back next year.  Does anyone know how Dolly the dog is? We wanted to bring her home with us  :)

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 08, 2014, 12:08:29 AM »
Thank you so much for the daily reports - have really enjoyed reading them when we are so far from SS.  Don't know about Dolly the Dog but have been wondering how the little grey and white cat with the broken tail who was always around just past Sunset.  We used to feed her/him like so many others.  Hope it will be OK

Offline Nellie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 08, 2014, 12:36:36 AM »
Yes, I used to feed the little family of kittens next to little prince.  Made lots of animal friends aswell as human friends on holiday, my son seems to talk about Bailey, Bod, Dolly as much as the children he met! 

Hope everyone in San Stef has a lovely relaxing winter x

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 08, 2014, 01:40:38 AM »
Well, after another wet night and morning I am happy to report that the sun came out today at about 2pmish!! Horray! 8)

So finally people could get out and about without getting soaked, and there is no doubt that the sun shining makes us all happier!!

Saw clips on facebook, and on a local news channel this evening of a flooded Corfu Town...they had even worse rain than us!

But hopefully that is it, especially as there have been many people working hard to prepare for the beer festival which starts tomorrow night.

Tonight saw the closure of Zorbas and Ozzy Oil for 2014, but still a good choice of places open.

Nellie....am I right in thinking Dollie is the dog opposite Condor?? If so she is fine, barking a greeting everytime we walk past with Bod. As for the cats, it is harder in Winter, but locals do feed them as much as possible. Unfortunately it is a never ending cat population, due to so many strays and no neutering, but everyone here does their bit in Winter to keep them fed. I'm really taken with the kitten opposite Olympia, but anyone who's witnessed Bod's behavior when seeing a cat will know why we can't adopt one!!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 08, 2014, 01:48:19 AM »
Lovely reports Hippopots, you're a credit to Wiltshire! Hope to see you soon. Let us know when you have any displays in our area. PM me.

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 08, 2014, 11:44:05 AM »
Good to know the locals feed the cats in winter. I too was really concerned about the little grey & white kitten by the Sunset taverna and his/her beautiful black companion who made many passers-by jump out of their skins by suddenly appearing out of nowhere and emitting a loud cry! I wish I could have brought them home with me, but even if I could have smuggled them on the plane, I don't think my budgie would have been too pleased!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 08, 2014, 10:16:03 PM »
Well, now the storms have passed, it really cleared the air!

This morning the sky was blue, the sea crystal clear, lapping gently at the shore, and the air so clear Albania was looking really close.

Quite a lot of people out and about today...after 3 days of storms everyone was heading to the beach, or taking a walk, enjoying what has been a beautiful October day.

As the sun was setting this evening, there was a sailing boat anchored just off shore, would have made a great photo if I'd had my camera!

The beer festival starts tonight, hopefully it will be a great sucess...we're hoping to head up there on Sunday night.  :D

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 09, 2014, 07:23:14 PM »
Well - It's ten past six in the evening and 81oF after a sublimely beautiful day - the kind of day that's hot but not too hot.  The sea was, to use the cliche, glassy, and, before tomorrow's mass exodus, the beach was being put to full use.

Equally lovely was the peace at Nafiska pool, with swallows (or swifts)  darting across the water.

I'm pleased for those who only arrived last Friday, because Sunday, Monday and Tuesday were so awful they probably wished they'd stayed at home.

We're lucky. We can do this again tomorrow. Before that - going to Hippopots to buy another frog!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 09, 2014, 07:34:28 PM »
Jimbo, I'm surprised at you not knowing the difference between swifts and swallows, swifts don't dart across the water and I expect they have all left Ag Stef by now.
It will be swallows or house martins, long tail = swallow, short tail and white rump = house martin.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni