Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1384665 times)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #510 on: September 06, 2014, 08:41:04 PM »
It appears there's more rain in Ag Stef than the UK at the moment, not very usual for September, last year in Ag Stef was great.
I think they should postpone the Arillas Wine Festival until next weekend, much more convenient.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 08:43:20 PM by Waspman »

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 07, 2014, 12:25:29 AM »
Yes, afew disappointed people regarding the wine festival....hopefully it will take place tomorrow.

Whoever made the decision to postpone definately got it right, as there was a torrential downpour this evening!
As Waspman says, so very unusual for this time of the year!!

Met Winkie and Mrs Winkie yesterday, which was nice, and I must send apologies to cabmufc, who arrived last night, and has twice been in to say Hi, and both times I've been unavailable....once due to dog walking duties this morning, and then again this evening, when I was talking to my parents on skype!
Hopefully we'll get chance to say Hi properly soon!!

So, fingers crossed for sun tomorrow  ::)

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 07, 2014, 03:32:21 AM »
Rain in Corfu in September is not unusual!

Indeed, more rain falls on Corfu Town in September than Manchester, OK its usually during heavy thunderstorms with many days of dry, hot weather in between but this weather is typical for September.

The total average rainfall for Corfu Airport in September is 72mm for Manchester its 65mm!

http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?s=14661

I have been to San Steph many times in September and have seen many thunderstorms but I have also known a fortnight of totally dry, sunny, hot weather, its pure luck. This year the high pressure over the UK has brought dry weather here but pushed low pressure systems into the Eastern Med. hence the storms.

Next week these systems move away so the weather will be hot and sunny again for at least 10 days.

Andy

Offline will7777

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 07, 2014, 04:45:57 AM »
Have bin meny times in late September and yes it is pot luck that time of year .Had à late flight in one year from Gatwick and landed in a big thunderstorm with  my wife and 3 kids .taxi driver said that we were Lucky to land in corfu due to the storm.Got to san stef checked in to appartement got small ones into bed and the power cut all the dark .have one more day of rain in 2 weeks lovely Holiday hot and sunny for the rest of the time had à lovely time despight the star ...

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 08, 2014, 12:51:48 AM »
Good news....not a single drop of rain today, hoorray  :)

So today was a pool day for many, etting the chance to soak up the sunshine.

And the postponed Arillas wine festival took place tonight, hopefully a good time was had by all who attended.

Finally said  proper hello to cabmufc today, and also Gavlah and family returned today for another week.

This evening sees people in some of the bars watching the football, and quite a lot in Thomas Bay watching tonights entertainment.
The older part of the village was quite quiet tonight, although there were a few in Nafsika and Kamini.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #515 on: September 08, 2014, 04:29:00 PM »
Good to see you ....... Be in tomorrow to let McKenzie paint something!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 09, 2014, 12:24:41 AM »
And another day with no more rain....things are definately looking up!  ;D

There were a few white fluffy clouds this morning, and a gentle breeze, so all in all a perfect Sept day.

Said afew farewells today, the people leaving today have not had the best weather, but spirits were still high, and they will still be returning again, which is great to hear....even in the rain San Stef delivers a nice relaxing holiday!

Tonight the football seems to be popular, England playing Switzerland, and plenty of people watching the match in Barras, El Greco, Condor, and 3 w's

Offline Steve B

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 09, 2014, 12:46:04 AM »
Good to hear Barras is still busy. We had another lovely 2 weeks there.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 10, 2014, 01:12:35 AM »
Another nice San Stef day again, plenty of sunshine and lovely temperature.

Met BarbaraG today, who popped in to say Hi, after arriving yesterday, and Gavlah and family came by so McKenzie could do some painting....and a good job he did too!!

This evening sees a busy Condor Bar, with a Rod Stewart tribute on, and the tavernas just finishing at just before Midnight.
Doggy had a good run on the beach, then as we wandered back, there were afew having a nightcap with Glenn at Aquarius.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 11, 2014, 12:34:17 AM »
The weather is making up for being a bit dodgy last week, as we have had yet another lovely day, plenty of sunshine, and nice temperatures.

Plenty of people enjoying the beach, and for anyone who was here last week too, its great to be able to enjoy lazing by the water without watching out for rainclouds!!

This evening saw quite a few busy restaurants, with Mediterranean Village, Zorbas, 2 Stars Little Prince and Olympia all doing a good trade tonight  :)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 11, 2014, 11:07:02 AM »
Not so sure the good weather will last that long now Hippopots, hearing lots of thunder over the islands and forecast of thunderstorms for 2 days.

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 11, 2014, 12:26:34 PM »
just seen an update from a Facebook friend there this morning - " storm again :-( " 

Mother in law comes out for a fortnight in Arillas tomorrow - she won't be happy!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 11, 2014, 03:28:16 PM »
Yes, thunder and lightning from 11am this morning and very heavy rain, forecast to last quite a long time.

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 11, 2014, 03:48:07 PM »
Just been to Sidari on the bus. Big mistake, got absolutely soaked to the skin waiting for the bus back! Luckily I'd over-ruled my husband and packed cagoules!

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 11, 2014, 05:23:19 PM »
Meteo Europe are actually tweeting about this storm system over Corfu. It's a hefty MCS (mesoscale convective system) apparently

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni