Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1386119 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #435 on: August 06, 2014, 09:35:57 AM »
I remember back in 2000 on our first visit that there was packs of dogs roaming about which thankfully has eradicated. Still lots of kittens every year though unfortunately as much as I love them
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Gavlah1973

« Reply #436 on: August 06, 2014, 12:08:11 PM »
Great updates again folks. In just under 5 weeks we'll be in the village. How long does it take to fire and glaze a pot? Want to let McKenzie paint a pot this time!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 07, 2014, 01:25:43 AM »
5weeks Gavlah..not too long to wait.

Allow 3 - 4 days to get a piece back after painting. If you can schedule us in near the start of your holiday we'll have plenty of time, and won't be stressing about getting it back to you......we don't really do stress these days, it's the San Stef effect you know  ;)

Slightly overcast start to the day today, so a few people went off walking, rather than the more usual poolside, or beach.

But it didn't take long to clear, leaving us with lots of sunshine again.

Its definatly cooler than last August, but to be fair thats not really a bad thing, as it was very hot last summer. With just some breeze this year its a lovely temperature, and it seems to be plenty hot enough for most!

Just done a late dog walk, and El Greco seems to be the venue of choice for many tonight. There was a 'Bruno Mars' tribute on earlier, who is pretty good, and he seems to have drawn in the crowd....now lots of people are enjoying some late night bevvies.

Around in the older part, all is quiet, with just Fantasea still open at this time of night. 

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 07, 2014, 01:35:56 AM »
Do the noise levels seem to have dropped from the various bars after people were saying some were far to loud
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 07, 2014, 12:39:27 PM »
Jules,as I posted in an earlier thread,the noise in June was ridiculous,especially El Greco,wasted a couple of evenings for a few people.Folks were leaving the Little Prince and heading to somewhere else,as their conversations were being drowned out,I do hope things have quietened down a bit.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 07, 2014, 03:40:30 PM »
woop woop - a week on Monday and we'll be on our way to you.

Deffo going to bring Nate in to do a pot although still gutted that Yiannis and Maria are not opening the ice cream shop this year.

Where will my hubby and dad sit whilst us girls are buying up a storm in Elisabeths!!!  ;D

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 07, 2014, 03:57:08 PM »
Where will my hubby and dad sit whilst us girls are buying up a storm in Elisabeths!!!

Athens bar is remarkably close...

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 07, 2014, 07:11:49 PM »
True Jim, but Dad and David loved sitting having waffles and coffee watching us ladies spend their cash!  ;D

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 07, 2014, 08:00:47 PM »
I call that masochism! Very sad about the ice-cream. It was great.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 08, 2014, 12:50:27 AM »
Good evening all!

I have just noticed that this thread has been viewed 533 times since I posted just under 24 hours ago....GULP!!
Hope I'm still managing to keep you all up to date, and not boring people too much!!

Jules, it does appear to me that the noise levels in a certain area of the village have decreased, which I would think is good news for everyone. It was indeed very loud at one point, and unnecessarily so, but I think harmony has been restored, so now hopefully no business is suffering the consequences of anothers actions, which is how we all like it to be.

A hot one again today, but with a nice cooling breeze on the beach, where many have been spending their days on the sunbeds and in the sea.

With the time just coming up to Midnight, not many walking around, but lots of people in the bars enjoying some live music in Athens Bar, or a quieter drink in Acabar, and Aquarius, where I was informed this morning that Glenn has a rather nice bottle of chocolate tequila on the go!  ;D   

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 08, 2014, 10:49:33 AM »
Wow, like the sound of the chocolate tequila! Hope there's some left by the time we arrive on 8th Sept!

Offline shawty1984

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 08, 2014, 09:46:47 PM »
Chocolate tequila must be the new thing in SS this year as Andreas from the Romanza had loads of it.
Romanza hotel, best place on earth.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 09, 2014, 01:23:18 AM »
Another hot and sunny one today.

Lots of folks heading home today after some very enjoyable holidays, and at just gone midnight the coaches are still trundling through the village, picking up, and dropping off the next lucky lot of holidaymakers  :)

A glorious sunset preceeded a nice evening, with plenty of people out and about. Many people have commented in this last week about how the resort seems busier than last year, which I think might be true....busier, but not too busy  ;) 

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 10, 2014, 01:05:33 AM »
Bet you can guess what the weather has been like again today!  8)

Met Gill C today, she came to say Hi before heading off up the track opposite us for a walk through the olive groves....hope they made it back OK!

Tonight the Avliotes Philharmonic Band played in the village, between Aspa supermarket and Athens Bar.
The band started to arrive about half eight, all dressed in their smart uniforms of black trousers with red stripe down the sides, and crisp white shirts.
They were also joined by some majorettes.
As most of the businesses here are owned by families from Avliotes, there is a nice lively atmosphere here tonight, with many locals down to watch, as many have family members in the band.

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 11, 2014, 12:19:45 AM »
Was lovely to meet you my Grandson loved painting his aeroplane thanks again for all the updates on here

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni