Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1383649 times)

Offline alken

• View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #330 on: July 06, 2014, 09:24:39 PM »
Looking forward to meeting you Hippopots next week.........
 :)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 07, 2014, 01:03:07 AM »
Hi alken, pop by anytime, its always nice to meet folk!

Beautiful and sunny again, although that temp guage opposite is still saying 25 degrees. It's definately lying, it feels so much more like 30+ now!

The sea was a little choppy this morning, but by this evening when I took the dog for an evening dunk in the stream it was very calm again. Still quite a number of people on the beach at 8.30pm, waiting with cameras to capture another San Stef sunset.

Alot of the tavernas were doing well tonight. Many people sat in Olympia, where they can enjoy a meal whilst capturing the last of the sun as it starts to set. Little Prince was also busy, entertaining guests with the Greek dancing. I always admire the waiting staff that do this every night, both there and in Zorbas, as they dance with as much energy in the heat of July and August as they do on the fringes of the season when its cooler. Very impressive!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 08, 2014, 01:00:49 AM »
Very hot today...definately feels like the temperature ramped up that little bit more.
I took the dog for an earlier than usual evening stroll at around 7pm, and it was still incredibly hot!
And still plenty of people in the sea enjoying it  ;D

Nice to see Sandra back at the Juice Bar, having arrived back less than 48 hours ago! Shane's had her baking cakes already....although he did do a very good job in her absence!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 09, 2014, 02:39:26 AM »
A late night/early morning post, having just returned from Athens Bar after watching Brazil get a pounding from Germany in the football!

Hot again, and sunny this morning. It did go a little hazy this afternoon, and very humid, but by early evening there wasn't a cloud in the sky again.  8)

More younger families are arriving now, which is a clear indication of the start of the school summer holidays. Its such a great place to bring children. We were talking to a family who came to paint today, who's young son has made numerous friends whilst here. This is so much a resort that attract friendly people!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 10, 2014, 02:08:08 AM »
Temperature rising every doay now....summer is most definately here!!

The power was off for us for this morning until early afternoon for maintenance. This seemed to involve work at the electric pole by the stream between Thomas Bay and Barras. They seemed to be installing/ repairing the overhead cables, which at one point involved a man pulling the wire tight by using a big rope!!
Luckily when maintenece is scheduled, notices are posted on teegraph poles, so we all know its going to happen...quite helpful if your business involves cooking, or in our case, firing a kiln!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #335 on: July 10, 2014, 11:59:05 AM »
Saw them working on that....... health and safety out of the window!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 11, 2014, 12:36:07 AM »
Health and Safety in Corfu.....whats that??!

Hot again, no surprises there  ;D

Beach was busy today, with plenty of people soaking up the rays.
I've spoken to quite a few people this week who've hired a boat for the day, and had a really enjoyable day out. A nice idea for a different day out.

There's also a group of young Greek people here this week, on what appears to be a youth group holiday. They arrived a few days ago carrying instruments, and can be heard practicing in their apartments along the track opposite our shop.....fortunately far enough along the track to not be heard unless you walk along there, especially as they regularly have drum practice!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 11, 2014, 12:48:01 AM »
BIG thunderstorm just started! Very refreshing, but we've now got one terrified doggy  :(

Offline crsfaz

• SanStef Regular
  • Love San Stef
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 11, 2014, 02:30:46 PM »
Hi, just a quick post to say it was lovely to meet you yesterday. And keep up the good work :-)
Crs&Charl x 
Crs 😊🍻

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 12, 2014, 12:11:03 AM »
Thanks Crs&Chrl, thanks for stopping by, it was really nice to meet you too. And thanks for the compliments regarding this thread, it's amazing for me to hear how people enjoy my little ramblings!

So, after last nights thunderstorm, which was right overhead here and Arillas, but fortunately didn't last too long, todays temperature this morning was slightly cooler than of late, with a bit of a breeze coming in. Still plenty hot enough, but a little bit more bearable for anyone fancying a walk instead of the beach.
And quite a few were prefering to do some last minute shopping today before they left, certainly Elizabeths, and ourselves were quite busy, and there were plenty of people waking past with bags from Vasia and Pele and Marias too.

Tonight was busy earlier on, but gone a bit quieter now...possible early nights for the new arrivals, although I can hear karaoke in full swing in Condor....currently a pretty good rendition of M People's 'Moving on Up' being belted out! 

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 12, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »
I love your ramblings to Jackie.  It was lovely to meet you and Peter and thank you so much for my little cat, she is gorgeous.  I'm sorry I can't remember how to post a photo on here or I would put one up.

Love Bee x

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 12, 2014, 04:11:54 PM »
36000 views and going strong Hippopots, I am sure many people log on primarily for their daily updates! Most popular thread by a mile, well done and thanks. We will pop in to say hello soon, we arrive on the 21st ;D

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 12, 2014, 11:09:41 PM »
I will second that was nice to meet you in April will try painting in sept
Chris no 2

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 12, 2014, 11:54:30 PM »
Thanks folks.....and Bee, glad to hear you and the cat got home safely!!

Well, unfortunatley can't report on anything far from our place, as I somehow managed to strain my back, just by getting out of a chair today, so haven't been anywhere.
Managed to do a bit of painting, but spent a bit of time out back of the shop with a heatpad on my back.......not particularly ideal in temperatures of 30+, but it did help.

Hopefully I will be a bit more mobile tomorrow.

But I can report that theres lots of young families of all nationalities here now, many of whom I think probably arrived yesterday, school holiday time is definately upon us.  8) 

Offline Andy

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 13, 2014, 12:57:46 PM »
Sorry to hear about the strained back....ouch! A massage from your other half will help :)
Debbie and I look at webcam shots daily and see the beach pretty busy nowadays. We've walked that stretch so many, many times. Lovely memories!
Can't wait to return 1st September.

Best wishes to all our friends in the village
Andy, Deb and Hannah the dog lover

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni