Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1384878 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2014, 11:44:37 PM »
A beautiful sunny San Stef today, and a warmer evening saw some late afternoon walkers on the beach, and more people out and about tonight than on previous evenings this week.
Condor opened this evening, and this afternoon Summer dreams were cleaning furniture, so I suspect will be opening shortly.

Even the pavement has been receiving a make over, with the curb being re-painted in bright yellow....so no excuses for falling off the edge after a few ouzo's!  :P

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2014, 12:01:45 AM »
Oooops, sorry westward, forgot to mention the mozzies!

Not many around at the moment, but its best to be prepared, especially if, like me, you're their favourite snack.
The plug in's really help to keep them from your room, and are readily available in the supermarkets here. It also helps to close patio doors at dusk, as this is when they like to invade! 
I also use a repellent in the evenings, and don't use any perfumed products.

They can be little pests, but if you take precautions, hopefuly you won't get too much of a problem with them

Offline Westward

• SanStef Regular
  • Need a holiday
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2014, 01:22:34 AM »
Thanks for the mozzie update. I've bought up Boots stock of repellents, Rollons , wristbands and plug ins.

I'm ready!
Live
Life
Love

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2014, 11:38:42 PM »
Another sunny day, so luckily the guests who came last Friday for a week have had some great weather after last weekend!
Nearly everyone open now. Saw Glen from Aquarius Bar earlier, who said he wil probably be opening tomorrow, just a few last minute jobs to do.

I used the laundry service next to the olive wood shop for the first time, and would just like to mention how efficient they were. Got a big bag of washing done (approx 5 kilos ) for 8 euros, washed only, and it was all washed folded and packed when I returned just over an hour later. For 12 euros they will dry and iron it for you too....a great service if you don't want to bring loads of luggage!   

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2014, 11:56:57 PM »
Totally agree about the laundry service. Have used them the last few years and they do a great job.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2014, 12:40:21 AM »
Today saw another lovely sunny day.....hopefully there's a pattern forming here!
One of the main tour operator changeover days today, so lots of comings and goings of coaches, and more new arrivals.
No sunbeds on the beach as yet, although Manthos has some in his garden area outside his taverna.

Bar 38 and Aquarius Bar both now open too, so I think that is just about everyone open for the season now...lots of choices to enjoy a lovely cold beer on a hot day!

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2014, 11:18:15 AM »
Has Kosta opened up Fantasea yet? We come out in a week and last year he wasn't' open  till after we got home we had to wait till our next visit  in  September.

Offline Westward

• SanStef Regular
  • Need a holiday
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2014, 04:54:46 PM »
I think the webcam lens needs a wipe.  Or the weather is that sh*tty!  Hope not!
Live
Life
Love

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2014, 12:27:51 AM »
Hi all, think the webcam lens must need a wipe, cos the weather is gorgeous!

Quite a few sitting enjoying an afternoon drink in the sun at Athens Bar this afternoon.
Plenty of new arrivals yesterday, and a few burnt shoulders today....its easy to forget how powerful the sun can be here.

Fantasea wasn't open afew days ago when I walked by, but I will take a look tomorrow, and report back.

Saw the funniest thing today....there are 2 dogs that always wander the village together, a little black and tan spaniel, and a sandy coloured 'corfu special' (short legs, long coat, curly tail). They live up the hill near Kapitanios, and Tereza's. and we saw them every day last season, when they'd stop in to say Hi to our dog Bod, take a quick drink from his bowl, then carry on their journey. Today, I was walking back down the hill, and as I passed Kapiatanios the little spaniel came out, stopped just past the pool entrance, barked twice, and out trots her little mate! They then proceed down the hill together to the village centre!! So cute!

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2014, 02:28:51 AM »
The tan spaniel is owned by the Teresa's and last week he would lead us back to the Romanza to be rewarded with a biscuit or two.

One night he was waiting for us outside the Athens Bar at 2am so he must have enjoyed the biscuit!

Andy

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2014, 12:21:21 PM »
The Teresa dog is the sandy coloured dog with a curly tail and his name is Bo. He has been part of the family for a good few years now
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2014, 12:29:16 PM »
Looking forward to meeting the little chap in September!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2014, 02:39:51 PM »
 A few years ago we decided one day to walk up to Avliotes As we passed Olympia a little dog joined our expedition and followed us all the way to Ilias Taverna.We had lunch there and the dog had a drink of water.After a leisurely meal we set off on our walk back to San Stefanos with the dog trotting behind.It was a warm day and several people stopped their cars to offer us a lift(the Greeks never understand why we walk for pleasure) we had to refuse because we couldn't abandon the dog so far from home Our canine companion followed us back to San Stefanos and we left him back where he started outside Olympia.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2014, 03:31:58 PM »
That's the wonderful thing about dogs. They join in. They love a walk. They'll scout the land and warn of danger. They'll come and check on you.

A walk without a dog is nice, but a walk with a dog can be wonderful.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2014, 09:25:51 PM »
Still on the subject of dogs there was never one like Billy,Manthos' German Shepherd.He formed a bond with our granddaughter when she was very young which was lovely to see.Every day he followed us to the beach and lay in the shade watching over her while she played in the sand and sea.He would pull her out of the sea by getting hold of the frill on her swimsuit if he thought she had been in long enough or was getting too excited.He was so gentle with her but woe betide anyone who got too close.In the end Kostas(sunbeds) had to ask Manthos to keep him at the Taverna as he was scaring off potential customers and chasing scooters.  Most nights he slept outside our apartment and most mornings he was still there..
 She called him "Billy darling" and there was a mutual trust and affection between them and she never abused his good nature .
 Sadly old age and arthritis caught up with Billy,as it does to us all,and he lay down and died peacefully in front of the Church,what more fitting place for such a wonderful dog. Manthos buried him up on the headland beside the little fisherman's Church.No there will never be another one like Billy.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni