Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1384035 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1350 on: June 06, 2016, 09:23:03 PM »
Lovely, hot and sunny again today, although it has got quite breezy this evening. The plastic shutters are down in quite a few of the tavernas, and the waves have white tips. There was a kite surfer down on the beach this evening, taking advantage of the conditions.

Walking past Manthos tonight, I noticed they have created a nice seating area near the entrance, with a sofa, bean bag chairs, and some hammock seats....looks lovely!

Nikos and Chloe have returned from Australia, and Ozzy Oil is opening tonight, looked like quite a few people wandering that way this evening.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: June 06, 2016, 10:00:40 PM »
Probably things that Dimitri has donated from Fedra Mare,still if it makes Manthos outside area more appealing all well and good.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:05:36 PM by Dupnica »

Offline Kernock

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: June 08, 2016, 01:01:07 PM »
Well, Manthos is having his 40th anniversary of opening the Taverna next week and things have really been spruced up.  Manthos was very poorly over winter and says he died twice.  I asked him what it was like dead and he thought it was 'magnificent'! - very encouraging.   He looks great now so the extra gadgets to keep the heart ticking must be doing the trick.

Grandson Kostas is doing a great job and has really smartened up the outside and eating area with well padded chairs, leisure swings and bean bag affairs and good atmospheric lighting.  Good luck for the next 40 years.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: June 08, 2016, 07:17:36 PM »
He's lucky to have Konstantinos to help run the taverna,and he does a good job of it. We've known him since he was a baby and he has grown into a lovely young man.
Manthos can take a step back now and have a more relaxing life knowing that things will run smoothly so long as he resists the urge to interfere too much, and if you know Manthos you'll realise that won't be easy!!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: June 08, 2016, 11:45:31 PM »
Yes, It's amazing to think that Manthos has been running his taverna for 40 years, what an amazing achievement!!

And what a gorgeous day today, hot, sunny, blue skies, and just a little wisp of a breeze.  8)

And have seen a big difference in the number of people out in the evenings now.....May was quite unseasonally chilly after the sun went down, and I think that made a difference to people's evening plans. Now it's warmer, the village is quite lively later into the evening.

Earlier tonight Silver Star was very busy with pre dinner drinks, although at the same time most of the taverna's were doing well too....Olympia, Beachcomber and Waves had lots of people on their patios, and Zorba's had a large audience for their fab Greek dancing!

Also the sunset was a real photo opportunity, that many were taking advantage of, with a light blue sea, an orange sky, and the boats from San Stefanos boat hire just ambling across the bay, stunning!

Offline PeteJo

• View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: June 09, 2016, 12:10:05 AM »
Sounds amazing Hippopots. I can picture it in my head. Fantastic, only 21 days until we arrive so roll on 1st July :D. It will be great to see everyone and catch up on the news. Thanks for your regular updates it puts a smile on our faces especially after the winter we have had. Nothing but wind and rain, can't wait for some sun. See you soon

Offline Googleberry1811

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: June 09, 2016, 04:20:15 PM »
So sad that I will be missing out on my San Stef 'fix' this year but will most definitely be reading the updates over the course of the season and have already started making enquirers about availability next year!  ;D

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: June 09, 2016, 11:58:22 PM »
I'll try to keep the updates daily if poss googleberry1811....keep you going til your next visit!

Another hot and sunny day today, just a few clouds around, but they didn't block out the sun much!  8)

The bridge is back in place over the stream on the beach, yay, making it easier for anyone who doesn't want to get wet feet getting from 1 side of the beach to the other....also hopefully means that no more storms are likely for a long time!

There's just a slight breeze this evening, which is nice and refreshing, and once again the village is busy. Live music tonight at El Greco, and Condor, and others enjoying a quiet drink on the patio's of Athens Bar and Aquarius, and 3 W's has their quiz night.

Offline Balkus

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: June 10, 2016, 01:47:46 AM »
Hey any sign of Kostas on the beach this year be nice to see him in his England shirt again won't be long only 6 days

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: June 10, 2016, 03:35:51 AM »
Thank you Jackie for your updates keeping me going.After last week's devastating event,8 weeks cannot come soon enough. xxxxxxx :( :( :(
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: June 10, 2016, 02:23:20 PM »
Balkus, I was told that Kostas has retired, but he has been saying that for some time!!!
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: June 10, 2016, 11:58:38 PM »
Another lovely day again today.....some cotton wool clouds over the mountains inland, but nothing to block out the sun here!

The watersports are in full swing now, with the inflatable rings out on the floating platform, all ready for anyone keen to be bounced along behind a boat in one!

Another food option starting in the village, with Margarita at 3W's bar now making and serving fresh savoury and sweet crepes

And the Euro's start tonight, so lots of the bars will be showing the football, but there's still other options for the non footie fans....I can hear the karaoke at Condor from here!

Offline Balkus

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: June 11, 2016, 02:31:20 AM »
Swedebasher my nan says there no sign of him so far hope he comes for a look while I'm there

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 11, 2016, 11:51:39 AM »
I see Kosta often he has retired from the sunbeds but pops down to resort often, last seen yesterday here at Vicky's and in his football shirt..........

Offline Balkus

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: June 11, 2016, 11:48:58 PM »
I see Kosta often he has retired from the sunbeds but pops down to resort often, last seen yesterday here at Vicky's and in his football shirt..........

Awesome

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni