Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1383911 times)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1305 on: May 10, 2016, 06:48:32 PM »
Fine but chilly breeze in East Yorkshire. Gillie's depressed and wants to move south. I just look forward to the warmth of sun and people in Corfu.
Us too Jimbo! Look forward to seeing you and the lovely Gillie in our favourite taverna in a few weeks time! :)

Offline gillie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: May 10, 2016, 09:01:04 PM »
Looking forward to seeing you too!  Had a couple of warm days but now cool and back to rain!

Jackie - I'm afraid I know it's warmer in the South as I was born and lived there until my twenties! Have been in the North since then but the one thing I still miss is that warmer temperature!! Strange 'cos it's not many degrees different.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: May 10, 2016, 09:05:20 PM »
Hi Karen, beach looking pretty wide at the moment, so hopefully it will stay like that, although prevailing winds and the mistral wind can make it change.

Yes Gillie, it's not that many degrees different from North to South, but I really notice it when we're back in the UK, and travel from Wilts to Yorkshire to visit family!!

Another lovely sunny day, and a bit warmer this evening too, which is rather nice!

Had a fair number of new arrivals yesterday, so the village is feeling a little more lively. Nice to see people sat enjoying drinks outside at Athens Bar, Silver Star, El Greco, and 3 W's.

Waves and MIstral now open on the beach, as is Fantasea, with its lovely views from by the church....with those, and Manthos, Beachcomber, Havana, Athina, and Vickys, there's plenty of choice of places to enjoy the sunsets in the village, or with a little climb there's the great viewpoints from Akrotiri, Tereza's Romanza and Kapitanios....talk about spoilt for choice!!

Chilly Chili not yet open, but probably won't be long, tables and chairs in place on the patio of Aquarius, so will be open soon.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: May 11, 2016, 07:15:39 PM »
Thanks Jackie! :)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: May 11, 2016, 11:19:32 PM »
Slightly overcast today, but still very pleasant!

The sky this evening had a bluish purplish hue out to sea, over the Diapontia Islands, always an ominous sign, and sure enough just after dark the deluge came, but only briefly. Another short shower about half an hour later, but now it's OK again.

Tables, chairs and parasols in place at Thomas Bay, as they get ready for their first arrivals of 2016, and tables and chairs all on the patio at Acabar, which Dimitri says will be opening in the next day or two.

Little Prince quite busy tonight, as was 2 Stars.....his new location is proving pretty popular.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: May 11, 2016, 11:51:31 PM »
Thanks for all the updates again Jackie. Just over 15 weeks to our annual visit :)

Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: May 13, 2016, 10:18:31 PM »
Sorry, forgot to post last night.....I blame the grey weather! Yes, yesterday it was dull, damp, and windy, so was pretty quiet in the village!

But today we woke up again to lovely clear blue skies, and great temperatures, the bad weather never lasts too long!!

Lots of coaches coming into the village today, and there are a lot more people around tonight.....so it feels like things are picking up nicely!

Aquarius opened the doors tonight, and Thomas Bay's first guests arrive today, so I think there's just Acabar and Summer Dreams left to open, and Ozzy Oil when Nikos and Kerry return from Oz in June.

There were sunbathers enjoying the pool at Tereza's when I drove by lunchtime, and their new apartment building which they've been working on over Winter is looking very smart.

Lamb on the spit on the specials board tonight at Romanza....yum!!  :)

Offline Carolg

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: May 13, 2016, 11:24:08 PM »
Mmmm lamb on the spit, think I can smell it !!!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: May 14, 2016, 10:54:01 PM »
Another nice sunny day, a few white clouds dotted around, but nothing substantial enough to hide the sunshine!

A lot more people around today, having arrived during yesterday, and lots of familiar faces too which is nice.

Acabar now open, as is Princes Bar, next to Little Prince, who's restaurant was almost full.

Thomas Bay has started its entertainment programme already,having only opened yesterday, with karaoke tonight.

A lovely walk to the beach this evening revealed calm seas, and a beautiful sunset, casting a lovely orange glow over the village, and an almost purplish haze over Albania, a great view for anyone choosing to dine on the beach tonight.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: May 16, 2016, 09:08:46 PM »
A beautiful sunny day today, and the evenings are also getting a bit warmer, which is rather nice!  :)

Another changeover day today, so everywhere is a little quieter tonight. The evening sun definitely an attraction at Silver Star, with many pre dinner drinkers enjoying the warmth and the people watching!

Summer Dreams is now open, and their gardens look gorgeous, as usual. They appear to have been fortunate, and not lost any of their palm trees to the nasty little critter that killed so many trees all over Corfu this previous Winter, and their roses provide lots of lovely colour.

Pinelo's art garden, behind Perdita's glass shop also opened this evening, and quite a number of people there to see what crafts they're offering this year.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: May 17, 2016, 10:05:11 PM »
Sunny again today!  8)

Although this evening there is some cloud out to sea, and low clouds over the Albanian hills, so we may get a little rain tonight? But if it's only overnight, who cares!!

The digger had a busy time this afternoon, clearing all the undergrowth from between the back of our shop, and Aquarius Bar. It gives us a whole new view, and Bod and Frankie can stare longingly at each other from their respective balconies!!

Condor is kicking off the tribute acts tonight, with their first one of 2016 being Ollie Murs/Robbie Williams, commencing at 10pm

Offline Bont Boyo

• View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: May 17, 2016, 10:12:11 PM »
Hi Hippopots,
A few years ago you were selling little footie shirt fridge magnets with names and numbers painted on them. We bought one for our son James but it fell off the fridge when the magnet came off !!!
Lots of our friends enquire as to where we had it from. Will you be doing them this year ??

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: May 18, 2016, 10:51:29 PM »
Hi Bont Boyo, the little T shirts are not something we have re-stocked, but we'll have a hunt around and see if we can find any....pop in when you arrive.

Yet anither lovely sunny day. The Mistral winds did seem to be picking up this afternoon, and it got quite breezy, but by this evening it was all very calm again, and looking like it was going to be a glorious sunset!  8)

The tavernas are looking busier now, and nightly dancing has commenced at Zorba's, some of the slickest Greek dancing you'll see anywhere!!

There's karaoke on at Condor tonight, Thomas Bay are having a quiz, and most of the bars are showing the Europa league match between Liverpool and Seville. My guess is the loudest cheers, or groans will be coming from 3W's, home of San Stefs biggest resident Liverpool fan, Chrysanthos!!   

Offline Balkus

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: May 19, 2016, 12:16:00 AM »
Hi hippopots
Being a rugby fan is there anywhere that might have the England games in June I know football is mad, wonder if there might be a closet greek fan.
Also il be easily spotted il be the only one with a rugby ball lol

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: May 19, 2016, 07:40:40 AM »
Looking forward to our holiday once again, 33rd year now of Agios Stefanos and still loving it.
Just 4 weeks to go and we need the holiday - arriving on the 16th if anyone is out there - love to say hello.
Jackie - any news on Chilli Chilli opening? We were too early last year, I know that Vicky has a new restaurant service now...
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni