Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1383713 times)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1065 on: September 07, 2015, 12:14:56 AM »
Ha ha Jimbo...you're welcome anytime!

Well, a few clouds collected today, still hot, but shock horror, we had oooh, 1 minute of rain this afternoon!!

Clouds cleared by early evening, leaving a nice warm dry evening for people enjoy whilst strolling around the village.

Tonight Yiannis taverna doing a brisk trade with their famous orange cake, and Ozzy Oil and Town Pizza also doing well.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 07, 2015, 12:29:00 AM »
Will we need to bring weatherproofs in 2 weeks time Jackie?, see you then

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 07, 2015, 11:54:53 PM »
Hopefully not Waspman, but you know Corfu.....anything can happen!

Well, a little cooler this morning, and a few wispy clouds, but still a lovely day.

I had a visit from a friend today, who is staying elsewhere on the island, so managed to escape for a few hours, to enjoy a frappe with Margarita at 3 W's, followed by lunch at Chilly Chilli, my first visit. A lovely spot overlooking the beach, with a great chilled out vibe. And it was fun watching people paragliding!

This evening the wind got up a little, but it was a warm one, so not very refreshing! However, the clouds gave some lovely colours at sunset.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 09, 2015, 01:36:37 PM »
Oooops, for got to write last night, so will do an update now, then another for today later!

Well, the mistral winds came in full force yesterday afternoon, clearing the beach! The sea came right in, sunbeds had to be pulled back, and some of the businesses on the beach had to close, so things didn't get blown away!

This morning the wind has calmed right down for now, and the good news is the sea has gone back out, so sunbeds are back in place. It's overcast this morning, but there were a few people still sat on the beach.

We're expecting storms from this afternoon onwards until tomorrow night, and Chilly Chilli have already announced they are staying closed for now due to the weather. At the moment all is relatively calm, but watch this space........!

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 09, 2015, 01:50:41 PM »
Thanks for the Golden Wedding plate and the other purchases - I think Jackie should get a loyalty card ha!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 09, 2015, 10:07:01 PM »
Ha Ha, glad to hear everything got home OK!  ;D

Well, the rain started late this afternoon, just a few drops here and there to start with, resulting in people having a wander round, and not worrying too much about getting wet.

But now it's much heavier....we had a sharp burst about half an hour ago, and now its steadily throwing it down! I guess many will be staying in their hotels tonight, and those that have ventured out to eat will be taking their time, hoping it will pass over....well it will by about tomorrow afternoon!  ;)

So, we're signing off now to have an early finish, go home and put our feet up in front of a film! Spiro and Aris at Spiro's bikes have just left an hour earlier than normal, and I don't think we'll be the only ones taking an early finish!  ;D

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 10, 2015, 01:27:43 PM »
Was watching that storm on Lightning maps.org coming in from Sicily way gradually getting bigger. It can leave before tomorrow!!
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline tenbeech

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 10, 2015, 04:32:02 PM »

You are quite right Swedebasher , it can rain until Friday afternoon and then we want sunshine for the next two weeks. 

Adventure before dementia

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 10, 2015, 04:34:47 PM »
Hope you get it guys

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 11, 2015, 12:04:56 AM »
Well, the storm hit full force overnight, and it was a biggy! Lightening started around 11pm, and from where we live in Dafni, it was huge flashes, in the most amazing pink/purple colour!
That died down after an hour or so, then during the night the winds got up, and it sounded like a hurricane! I didn't know what time it was, but people have told me it was around 3.30am, and patio and pool furniture was being flung around. Athens Bar's nice new swinging sign ended up on the ground, but I'm glad to see it's back in place and illuminated, so no harm done. Overall little damage in the village, but the winds brought the sea right in, leaving the beach very narrow, however this will soon change as the weather settles down.

So, although there's been ominous looking black clouds all around us today, San Stef remained dry and fairly sunny, even though there was rain just up the road in 1 direction in Sidari, and just along the road the other way in Arillas!

This evening feels nice and busy, with plenty of people out and about. 

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: September 11, 2015, 01:16:54 AM »
As long as it gets better by next Friday Jackie

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 12, 2015, 11:49:14 PM »
Weather's improved already Waspman  ;D

Didn't post last night, as we snuck off early to go for dinner with friends, our first visit to Fantasea, and a lovely evening we had too. Was pretty windy, so we had a table on the patio, but back from the front wall, so was nice and sheltered. Had a great meal, and a good chat with Kosta too. We don't get to go out very often during the season, when everyone's open, but when we do, we try to go to different places, in order to enjoy hospitality from (eventually!) all the tavernas in San Stefanos!

Today we had gorgeous blue skies, a bit of breeze, and slightly cooler temperatures, but definately pool weather.  8)

Seeing plenty of return visitors, many of whom arrived yesterday for their 2nd, some 3rd visit of the year, keeping tavernas nice and busy! 

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 13, 2015, 12:19:38 AM »
Fantasea is a terrific taverna Jackie, wonderful views of the bay and town, especially at sunset. We go there quite often now.

Offline Steve B

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 13, 2015, 12:26:23 AM »
I have to agree. I had the best meal I have had in the 3 years of going to San Stefanos. I had the school shark fillet,  a must try!!!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: September 14, 2015, 11:29:02 PM »
Another lovely sunny day again today, with temperatures creeping into the 30's in the sun....love this time of year!

Changeover again today, so a little quieter in the daytime, but still plenty of people around tonight.

The tavernas are having a good night, with 2 Stars full, Zorba's very busy, and Little Prince, Olympia and Beer O Clock also doing well.
A little cooler after dark now, but still plenty warm enough for people to sit out on the veranda of Beachcombers, enjoying the sunset.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni