Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376023 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1050 on: August 29, 2015, 01:38:53 AM »
Looks like you have a whole week of glorious weather ahead. Great stuff...

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 29, 2015, 05:50:33 PM »
Can't wait to get there next Friday and get some decent sunshine. Anyone else arriving on Friday 4th September?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Andy

• View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 29, 2015, 06:46:01 PM »
Already here Jules. And still loving this place, albeit a lttle humid.

See you soon
Andy and Debbie

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 30, 2015, 12:15:01 AM »
Yep, as Andy says, its hot and humid! Lovely to see you today too Debbie and Andy.

Think the temperature has increased a little again, I did see reports on the internet of another little heatwave heading our way again, but as someone said today, thats what we all want, especially as the weather in the UK has been pretty rubbish this summer!

We've spoken to quite a number of new visitors in the last few days too, which is great, as its nice to know people are coming to Corfu, irrespective of the negative press we've received in the UK this year. And they are all sounding very positive about San Stefanos too!  :D

Tonight theres live music at Athens Bar, and the regular Boy George tribute at Condor. 

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 30, 2015, 01:21:28 AM »
I saw some of Jackies beautiful Hippopots work in the form of personalized ceramic placemats for the wedding held at Akrotiri / Waves this week. If I remember correctly it was 70+ handwritten placemarkers, all amazing

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 30, 2015, 11:45:11 PM »
Thank you for the compliments abbo! Yes just over 70 place setting favours for the wedding, which I delivered to Waves, then sorted out to correspond with the table plan with Sally, the wonderfully organised wedding planner from San Stef travel! Having double and triple checked I'd done one for every guests, I still breathed a sigh of relief when we'd checked them again!

So today has been another hot and sunny one, with temperatures well into the 90's.  8)
The sea was a little wavy, but very pleasant for a paddle this evening!

Little Prince, Zorbas and 2 Stars all very busy tonight, and plenty of people enjoying drinks on the patio of Thomas Bay. 

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 01, 2015, 10:58:54 PM »
Oooops, somehow yesterday slipped by and I forgot to post! So, 2 days in 1....

Yesterday and today have once again been glorious, with temperatures high into the 90's, maybe even more, so without a doubt beach or pool weather.  8)

Last night all the tavernas along the beach, Waves, Mistral, Manthos, Beachcombers, Fantasea and Chilly Chilli were busy, as people enjoyed the fantastic sunset.

Tonight sees live music in Athens Bar, from the Red Bellied Turtles, and bingo in Thomas Bay.

If you prefer it quieter, although no longer doing their Tuesday night BBQ, instead serving their a la carte menu, Kerry still sings on Tuesday night at Ozzy Oil, or you could do as many were tonight, and enjoy a peaceful drink among the roses, and enjoy the last of the sunshine at Summer Dreams.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 02, 2015, 11:40:18 PM »
Guess what, another hot and sunny day today!  8)

Lots of people on the beach this lunchtime, and enjoying food in Waves and Fantasea.

This evening lots of people enjoying drinks on the patio of both Silver Moon and Silver Star, as well as Acabar.

Little Prince still quite busy, as is Mediterranean Village, with early diners, and Yiannis gyros with peopple looking for just a snack.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 04, 2015, 12:24:17 AM »
Another glorious day, although there were just a few clouds for a while this afternoon, and it is now a little cooler in the evenings....not enough for a cardigan or jacket, but definately cooler. It's getting a little dewey, and my house doesn't feel like an oven when I get home, so it must be September!

However, the beach is ever popular, with lots of cars, quads and scooters parked up, and people were still in the sea as the gorgeous bright orange sun set behind Mathraki.

Plenty of people doing their last night shopping this evening, and others enjoying live music in Bar 38, which has a duo singing, El Greco, which has 'Irish Andy' playing tonight, and JJ Jupiter doing his regular stint in Athens Bar. 

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 04, 2015, 11:54:44 PM »
Once again, we have another glorious San Stef day, with temperatures well into the 90's still. This has been an amazing summer for weather, with only about 3 bouts of rain since April!!

Changeover day again today, and probably most of the families have now gone, due to returning to school, to be replaced by couples. A little quiet this evening, with people on the move, but tavernas were still all doing a good trade.
Also, Silver Star is doing well with people enjoying early evening drinks, and people watching, and karaoke in Condor sounds pretty lively this evening!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 05, 2015, 01:41:34 AM »
Great to hear Spiros in Silver Star is doing so well

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 05, 2015, 09:21:57 PM »
Is this a different Spiros to Tassos and Spiros at the Silver Star?

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 06, 2015, 12:16:48 AM »
Hi Diane 13, yes this is a different Spiros. Tassos and Spiros of previous years put Silver Star up for rent at the end of last season, and for a while it was looking like it might be empty this season.
But fortunately Spiros who used to work at Athina, and his wife decided to take it, and are doing on excellent job of providing a lovely atmosphere, fab cocktails (which I sampled with friends in May), and amazing looking waffles, which I've yet to try, as well as coffees, and other drinks.

So, yet another hot day, with loads of sunshine. Just a little breeze on the beach today, which made it more comfortable. I've heard that tomorrow will be even hotter, then it will start to cool down, but only a little each day.....think you'll be OK for good weather Jimbo and Waspman!!

El Greco was very busy this evening with people watching the football. Live music in Athens Bar, and Boy George tribute, who's been at Condor all summer is doing his last gig of the season here, but I've heard he'll be back again next Summer.

Quite a few people also venturing over to Arillas tonight to the wine festival.....a brilliant night if you ever are here at this time of the year, with souvlaki, copious wine, and Greek traditional dancing and music.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 06, 2015, 01:20:11 AM »
If the weather is crap when we come I will come into Hippopots and bore you for hours!

Offline PeteJo

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 06, 2015, 06:29:13 PM »
So nice to hear the weather is still good. We hoped to out again before the season ended but unfortunately work has got in the way. Very disappointed but that's life..... On the bright side we have booked for next year so we are now counting down the days, weeks and months. Roll on 1st July 2016 when we are back to see all our friends.  :) :) :) :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni