Author Topic: This year's holiday promises.  (Read 28970 times)

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: This year's holiday promises.
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 04:32:53 PM »
The Marengo book is great - go to:

http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk/local-walks

Of course you can just pop into San Stefanos Travel, where a beautiful woman will tell you where to go!

I'll probably not pop into San Stefanos Travel then, of late I've tired of beautiful women telling me where to go!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 06:02:36 PM »
I'm half-Welsh. My mother came from Merthyr. The picture was taken at Little Prince when I was not at my best, but just say "Where's Jim?" The will know.

Offline teambunny

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 11:52:23 PM »
We're inclined to agree with stressed 0506, love Ozzie oils and the menu there is great. We will definitely eat there at least once if not many more when in San Stef in August. However... and its a big however, we will probably avoid the BBQ night. We have gone to this for several years, its always been great value and a great ambiance until last season. We didn't enjoy the style of the quiz and the level of seriousness which was obviously required. A bit too much enforced fun for our liking.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2014, 06:35:18 PM »
Is anyone going to go South of the town?  If so I can arrange/suggest an intinery with car hire for you, you really cant do this in one day, it takes on a direct car drive NW SS to Kavos 2 hours each way so that's 4 hours out of your day.  That's before you have had a coffee/lunch etc so why not think what you are missing out of in the South of this beautiful island.  Korisson Lake, (Flamingoes at certian times of the year and a preservation area) Marathias Beach, Lefkimni. St George South, the lovely fishing harbour of Petriti etc etc and then the history of Achilleon Palace, Pelekas Beach Sunsets  and oh so much more........ So far all the posts have suggested some lovely spots here in NW and NE but that's only half the island.......... I would suggest a simple b/b overnight stay you will really then take in all Corfu offers all its visitors......
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 06:37:29 PM by Lesley »

Offline Googleberry1811

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 03:39:27 PM »
My holiday promise this year is going to have to be the same as a lot of you, I plan on taking a walk up to Akrotiri. We visited for the first time last year and had breakfast up there, not only are the views beautiful but the place itself is stunning. ;D

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2014, 01:26:58 PM »
My holiday promise this year is going to have to be the same as a lot of you, I plan on taking a walk up to Akrotiri. We visited for the first time last year and had breakfast up there, not only are the views beautiful but the place itself is stunning. ;D
If you wander up before the streets are well aired it is not too hot and the smell of the wild herbs is gorgeous !

Offline Googleberry1811

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2014, 04:13:00 PM »
Thanks Ioanna, I'm wanting to go up with my parents as they didnt come with us last year but my mum has had a knee replacement, which route is the best?  ???

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 08:07:46 PM »
Thanks Ioanna, I'm wanting to go up with my parents as they didnt come with us last year but my mum has had a knee replacement, which route is the best?  ???
If you take it slowly you will be ok ! From the village take the little road up that runs alongside Fantasea and foll ow it all the way to the top , best time is early morning before it gets too warm  - good luck , I am sure you will enjoy it .

Gavlah1973

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2014, 10:38:45 PM »
I like the route up past Perros and EFI

Longer but very steady and not too steep

Offline Buttons1

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2014, 04:29:47 PM »
It is 11 years since we have been San Stef. This time we are just the 2 of us, son is 20 and at Uni. This holiday we are going to go and see Lake Korrison, Mon Repos, Archillion Palace and Kalami. These are things we would have liked to do 11 years ago, but a 9 year old is not the company one needs on trips like that. He is now miffed we are going back to Corfu without him, but hey, we may be back.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni